Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Mexican Auto Insurance on-line
maroonedagain

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 12:14 PM
Mexican Auto Insurance on-line

I am planning to purchase 6 months to a year of Mexican Auto insurance. I see that it is offered on-line.
Is that the least expensive way to purchase it?
What is the downside to purchasing insurance on-line (if any).
Are there any companies or websites to avoid? Any to seek out?
Thank you for your help.
Sandlefoot
Nomad

Mood: Home

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 12:19 PM

Top of the page...Baja Bound...is the place to buy. easy and well done!!

" Don't find fault, find a remedy; anyone can complain." Henry Ford

If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up to much space!

Just because it may not be a good idea does not mean it will not be fun!!!

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 12:30 PM

Hola maroonedagain,

welcome to nomad.

my son and i have separately used bajabound for many years and have been totally satisfied with their service in providing their policies. you can do it online or as we do, we call them and do everything over the phone and with very courteous and knowledgeable staff.

however, the most important part of insurance is the service when you need to use it.

i have not, fortunately, used their service after an incident but have read where others have and received excellent service and advice. the company owner is said to very " hands on " and will follow up in the event of need.

just buy what you need and if you have to do any extensions, you can do it anywhere there is computer service.

pulling a trailer, just add it to your policy.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 12:36 PM

I'd suggest you buy from one of the fine mexican brokers, I see no reason to buy a mexican product from an american. jmho;)
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 01:55 PM
Bajabound

I needed their services with a claim and received excellent customer service
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 05:22 PM

Baja Bound website is super efficient.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 05:42 PM

Bajabound - online. I bought a 6 month policy this morning prior to heading down for the day. Took just a few minutes to purchase and print. Easy Peasy. Even got a Sentri discount.

Traffic was not bad at SY border SB at 10:00 AM. Had a few tacos at Yaqui and then took care of business. Hit the NB line at 4:18 across at 4:22. :saint:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 06:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
I'd suggest you buy from one of the fine mexican brokers, I see no reason to buy a mexican product from an american. jmho;)

I understand this point of view but Bajabound provides excellent service. I always buy my insurance there and have no doubt that if I need to make a claim they will be there if I need help. Plus their online process works great. Tough to beat what they do no matter where you go.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 06:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

I understand this point of view but Bajabound provides excellent service. I always buy my insurance there and have no doubt that if I need to make a claim they will be there if I need help. Plus their online process works great. Tough to beat what they do no matter where you go.

I've used bajabound and there's no question geoff's a cool guy and we love to keep him on new KTM's ;) but the OP questioned something maybe a little less expensive....I save about$50 a year using a mexican broker but more important I keep $$ in mexico. now when it comes to filing a claim I'll go with a local that I believe probably knows their way around the mexican insurance system maybe better than our northerly friend???
bajabound is great, but there are alternatives. I think that's what the OP is after.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 06:45 PM

You'd be a fool to use anything other than BajaBound.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 07:14 PM

Just buy a whole years' worth and be done with it. That way if the addiction hits you're covered, and no worries. Open and shut case. Regardless of which company you buy it through it's pretty much the same underwriters, so find the cheapest and sign up. Baja Bound is the go-to on this site because it's funded, no malice intended.... so don't quibble for a few cents...... buy and go. Cover all your toys, get the papers, get the fun.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

TecateRay
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 08:12 PM

Cheap insurance is fine as long as you don't need it. If the unfortunate happens and you do need it you will wish you had bought your policy from BajaBound.
I have had the occasion to need their help and they were there for me. Who will you talk to when you need help with your cheap policy?
BajaBound WILL be there for you, be smart.
...and no, they don't pay me and I don't work for them.
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 09:26 PM

I save about$50 a year using a mexican broker but more important I keep $$ in mexico. now when it comes to filing a claim I'll go with a local that I believe probably knows their way around the mexican insurance system maybe better than our northerly friend???
bajabound is great, but there are alternatives. I think that's what the OP is after.

That is an interesting theory, we here are somewhat conditioned
to the 3 or so most used US Mex Ins brokers. Does a Mex
Ins Broker inside the country have a smoother working
relationship with Mex Ins Co's? Personally not sure how much $50 play into my decision.
I've seen maybe 10 Mex Ins Co's listed. There
appears only 2 are used by the San Diego brokers,
HDI and ACE, to me the response of the Mex Ins to a
claim is more important than the broker, I hear nothing
but good about HDI, but there may be others that are
just as good, maybe cheaper, that don't
have the US Tourist advertising behind them, they just
don't have the familiarity to us Gringos

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-27-2017 at 09:50 AM

Another point is that if you wait to get your insurance from an agent in Mexico then you are driving in Mexico uninsured until you get to the agent. You also would need to arrive when the office is open, etc.
Buying and printing your policy, at home, before you leave, is a no-brainer, IMO.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 8-27-2017 at 10:47 AM

bajabound definitely sounds like the choice among nomads....personally I don't know a soul that doesn't use a mexican broker, as long as you get it and you're comfortable, you're good!:coolup:
Kell-Baja
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2017 at 12:33 PM

:bounce:www.mexinsurancepro.com:bounce:
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2017 at 02:11 PM

I belong to Vagabundos and get Segueros insurance through them. https://www.vagabundos.com/clubinfo.htm.

They are a travel, RV and boat club, around since early '70s. I've never had a claim.

Compared rates last week with Baja Bound and BB was a lot higher. About $75 - $100 more.

I get annual full coverage and am RP, and have an RV in Baja all year. My rates will be different than some.

I've compared prices over the years -- I'm staying with Vagabundos.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 8-28-2017 at 09:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

Regardless of which company you buy it through it's pretty much the same underwriters...

This is incorrect.

Baja Bound uses ACE and HDI, two of the most reputable companies in this space. Know what you're getting into if you choose coverage through Qualitas.

fyi

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-28-2017 at 10:02 AM

Unlike most people who posted on this thread, I have had to file a claim against my insurance provider

I had HDI, purchased through Bajabound. Immediately after medical care at the scene, I contacted the HDI 24/7 claims number. We had an English speaking adjuster show up at the scene within 30 minutes.

The next morning, I contacted Geoff..........from that call and for the complete repair service Geoff and the HDI adjuster were in contact with me weekly. Even after the repair of my vehicle, I received several calls from Geoff and the HDI adjuster checking on my satisfaction with the repairs.

I am completely satisfied with HDI and Bajabound based on actual experience.

You can purchase Mexican insurance from a kiosk, a liquor store a travel club or a firm that deals with insurance. You can also find and purchase the cheapest insurance around............However based on my experience I will always purchase from Bajabound.... may not be the cheapest, but in my case they were there when I needed them and they took care of me.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2017 at 10:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
Unlike most people who posted on this thread, I have had to file a claim against my insurance provider

I had HDI, purchased through Bajabound. Immediately after medical care at the scene, I contacted the HDI 24/7 claims number. We had an English speaking adjuster show up at the scene within 30 minutes.

The next morning, I contacted Geoff..........from that call and for the complete repair service Geoff and the HDI adjuster were in contact with me weekly. Even after the repair of my vehicle, I received several calls from Geoff and the HDI adjuster checking on my satisfaction with the repairs.

I am completely satisfied with HDI and Bajabound based on actual experience.

You can purchase Mexican insurance from a kiosk, a liquor store a travel club or a firm that deals with insurance. You can also find and purchase the cheapest insurance around............However based on my experience I will always purchase from Bajabound.... may not be the cheapest, but in my case they were there when I needed them and they took care of me.

Excellent first hand account of dealing with MX insurance. Glad things worked out so well.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.