Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  12
Author: Subject: STORM REPORTS from 14E..maybe Lidia...weather & road updates
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 10:37 AM

As on today, I don't think we will get anything but high clouds and a little bit of wind.

I am having the largest yard sale ever held in this area, and all the stuff is ours. The storage locker is empty and did not see any sense in paying money for stuff I am not keeping.

NO RAIN, please!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 10:38 AM

Hey Russ...how are you getting the screen shot of your weather station and posting it on BN?

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  
Todays high readings

9:15 rain stopped and I can see Mulege again. Opened the doors and window until the next episode arrives. Wind still 20+

[Edited on 9-1-2017 by Russ]

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 10:39 AM

11:35 Mulege just disappeared again and there is some light rain here. Surf to 5' now and breaking at the buoy line.
This shot doesn't really show the intensity of the storm but it is an idea of how it's going.

[Edited on 9-2-2017 by Russ]

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 11:02 AM

OMG, Russ. 90% humidity and 90 degrees temp!?? Still raining hard down south but the air temps and humidity down in low 80s! My Lab is out on the porch! Hope you get some rain and the weather cools down! Slow and easy. Tomas
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 11:08 AM

It's what Bob said - comes in bands. Several fronts one after another.

BA and BOLA will get it Fri night through Sat afternoon. Expected rain totals there won't be terribly high because it will pass quickly. I was afraid it would be another Odile but it doesn't look like that.
Cielomar
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 11:20 AM
Elias Calles Hammered by Lidia

We really got hammered by Lidia here in Elias Calles (s. of Pescadero). San Jacinto arroyo is a raging river and almost up to the bridge. Looks like our community well has been flooded out. Paul and Mary's house is gone and garage with his truck in it is next. Still raining at noon on Sept 1. Too early to assess detailed damage but not good!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 11:47 AM

So sad... reminds me of Baja Bus (Max) and his live posts from La Cocina Pacifica in Elias Calles, way back when...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 11:52 AM

Udo, I'm taking photos of the monitor. Sometimes when I zoom in on it it doesn't focus sharply. Then send it to photobucket to post after editing it a little.
1:30 light rain for awhile now. Had to close the windows again. Almost 1/2" total today ...

[Edited on 9-2-2017 by Russ]

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 12:28 PM

Hope Mulege is well prepared for this storm. Lot worse than I suspected here in Nopolo. Lost a few flower pots of my banister that went at least 70 lbs, Never expected the heavy winds. They definitely were not predicted. One of the most unpredictable storms I've seen here in 27 years.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
brucedog
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 12:38 PM

The road to Los Planes from La Paz is washed out by the junkyards

21272507_10155681954314712_6473665083241543064_n.jpg - 51kB
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 12:42 PM

we are expecting at least 40 knot winds here in Asuncion and lots of rain and I am not seeing people preparing at all...hmmm. I have stored everything that could blow around but drinking water is a problem as the water purification plants have been closed the last 3 days so we are unable to stock up....oh well...boiled water it is.

Wind staring to pick up now (1:30 pm) from the SE and it is starting to rain...and there are hundreds of monarch butterflies fluttering everywhere...cormorants are all rafted up now too resting up.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 01:26 PM

I have not been out from my house today in Pescadero so I am curious about flooding arroyos in town and of course Arroyo Grande at Playa San Pedrito aka Los Esteros. San Pedrito Trailer Park was located out at the beach and flooded numerous times between 87' and 2001 when Julieta took her completely away into the sea, along with some gringo walls, garage, truck, etc. Hope you're well, CieloMar. your big river is running full tilt?? Almost over the top? I'm safe as my property and house is a couple rows back from beach. Leaky roof, I got that and it's still raining hard at times in sheets at almost 2:30pm. Stay safe! Tio
Sr.vienes
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 01:48 PM

Nothing makes the day go slower than waiting and wondering if your East Cape beach house is still a beach house or now lobster habitat 😩
Juanita
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 02:30 PM

Had an inch of rain in San Ignacio by 11:30 a.m.. Since then only light drizzle and gusts of wind. The toads are hopping around in my garden, so I have to watch my step.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 02:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Juanita  
Had an inch of rain in San Ignacio by 11:30 a.m.. Since then only light drizzle and gusts of wind. The toads are hopping around in my garden, so I have to watch my step.

Better batten down. You'll be in for a long night of heavy weather. Buena Suerta.!!

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
mooose29
Nomad

Mood: All Smiles

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 03:43 PM

Just got an email from our friends that are staying at our home in Punta Chivato very windy and rain off and on. We had an outside guest bedroom door blow off the hinges and also our garage door was blown off it's hinges. Now keep in mind both doors had previous wind damage and in the case of the Garage door it is being replaced next week because it was completely shot and I had my doubts that it would survive this storm. The bedroom door was also in need of replacing so I guess this will speed up the process. Both doors have survived 10+ years of storms and Baja so I consider this damage more the affect of the cumulative nature of things in Baja and not just this storm. Stay safe everyone.

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 03:51 PM

We have thousands of monarch butterflies and some big dragon flies which are unusual here flying all around sucking nectar from the jasmine & nasturtiums like there is no tomorrow. They appear all beat up the poor things.

the wind has picked up to about 30 knots or more from the east so lots of dust & had to close the doors..one last jump in the pool before I cover it...again. Can hardly see town now...and so it begins..tick tick tick

[Edited on 9-1-2017 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 03:54 PM

Just hitting the 1" total now ... But I see wet in my future

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 03:57 PM

Maybe even wetter in the hills to the west. I wonder how the new park in Santa Rosalia will hold up.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2017 at 04:06 PM

Hang In there Russ. I hope the road in and out stay intact??
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.