Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Missing Link Trail
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-5-2017 at 08:20 AM
Missing Link Trail

I just did Missing Link Trail it was one of the hardest trails I have ever done. Any other dirt bikers that have done it.:)
Beagle
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2017 at 08:23 AM

Got any video or pics? I'd like to see it. How technical does it get? What were you riding?
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 9-5-2017 at 08:55 AM

what and where is the missing ink trail?

Harald Pietschmann
Enrique2012
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2017 at 09:52 AM

Missing Link Trail, gotta love it. Hey, I have an idea, let's rename all the existing trails and make it sound like we know something others don't!
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 9-5-2017 at 11:31 AM

Not yet but I hope you will lead me thru it soon. This is a new trail, not just a new name for an existing trail.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-5-2017 at 11:47 AM

So, is this just for dirt bikes or 4x4 friendly?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2017 at 12:52 PM

Reportedly connects Punta Banda with La Bocana Santo Tomas.

Dirt bikes only. From what I understand you actually have to jump a small arroyo (?). This was from a friend who helped scout it for an DA ride.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2017 at 01:48 PM

Do you have a GE image or map of it?
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2017 at 05:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Beagle  
Got any video or pics? I'd like to see it. How technical does it get? What were you riding?
It is super technical I have many dirt bikes. For this trail I was told real hard. Si I left my 450s at home,used my modded Crf230f with 254cc kit and trails tire.It was a good decision for when I was pinned under the bike I could un pin myself. In the first mile one rider turned tail the others wished they had.It was too hot We go back to that trail again in Nov if anyone wants to join. Your welcome ED also. There are 3 real tuff places I now know how to get up them,but the third one. Will take some pushing.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-5-2017 at 05:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mjs  
Reportedly connects Punta Banda with La Bocana Santo Tomas.

Dirt bikes only. From what I understand you actually have to jump a small arroyo (?). This was from a friend who helped scout it for an DA ride.

Thank you!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2017 at 07:20 PM
Missing Link

This route was, I believe, shown in a bit of dramatic detail on one of the earlier Rip to Cabo (or similar title) shows.

No way for any vehicle but bikes and a rider who has immediate access to lots of skill and daring.

The route was as described earlier in this thread is correct, south from LaBocana.

John M
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2017 at 08:10 AM

For anyone wanting to join us in November. Newer rear tire dirt bike gearing, bike without over heating problems, lots of drinking water. I used up two iced liters in less then one 1 mile. I had spare qt water 2 spare suero electrolits, also two energy non sugar drinks. Lucky for the other riders that drank them up. also I was using 6psi in rear tire. No date yet on Nov ride.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-9-2017 at 11:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
.....254cc kit and trails tire..

Sounds like a wicked ride....:cool:

Typo: You likely meant "trials" tire....it's pretty much all I use on 450 EXC when riding single track here.....Pirelli MT43 (DOT)is my choice...

However, for the usual gnarly Baja stuff (not technical ride like this one) I stick with Motoz Desert Tractionator....for durability...

Any pics? Or too busy riding.....seems like the hardest rides get the least number of pics...

Don't believe everything you think....
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 9-9-2017 at 11:13 AM

hey Larry are girls allowed? wonder if Laia is in town! ;)
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-9-2017 at 01:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

Typo: You likely meant "trials" tire....it's pretty much all I use on 450 EXC when riding single track here.....Pirelli MT43 (DOT)is my choice...

However, for the usual gnarly Baja stuff (not technical ride like this one) I stick with Motoz Desert Tractionator....for durability...

Any pics? Or too busy riding.....seems like the hardest rides get the least number of pics...

Re pics,... I thought the off-road credo now requires GoPro on at all times :lol:

It sounds like this is a cattle or cowboy trail, or perhaps a long-abandoned (and vegetation-recovered) road. Sad to hear that off-road bikes are out there tearing it up. Whatever happened to the idea of responsible off-roaders keeping to established routes?

[Edited on 9-9-2017 by mtgoat666]
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 9-9-2017 at 05:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
hey Larry are girls allowed? wonder if Laia is in town! ;)

Miss Sanz could teach us all how to ride.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-10-2017 at 01:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
..... Sad to hear that off-road bikes are out there tearing it up. Whatever happened to the idea of responsible off-roaders keeping to established routes?

[Edited on 9-9-2017 by mtgoat666]

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh c'mon....you have ripped up that trail enough...:biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2017 at 07:19 AM

Yes on MT43 love that tire on my 250. On my 450 I use same tire as you Motoz only thing not long lasting. Some of the guys on ride do have pictures. I will see if they can send them to me.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2017 at 07:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Re pics,... I thought the off-road credo now requires GoPro on at all times :lol:

It sounds like this is a cattle or cowboy trail, or perhaps a long-abandoned (and vegetation-recovered) road. Sad to hear that off-road bikes are out there tearing it up. Whatever happened to the idea of responsible off-roaders keeping to established routes?

[Edited on 9-9-2017 by mtgoat666][/r Another clueless post from you. Recovered Road Are you just brainless you have never been there. :bounce: Whatever Happened To Responsible Idea of a Total marooon like yourself MT66.Posting with zero knowledge of any off roaders. This is a established trail for motos only. Not for marooons sitting in there rocking chair, had a great time on ride. Even better that your upset about it. Keep up the clueless posts Mt66 now that you showed all here your a chicken Sh t, I can add brainless also.:bounce::bounce:
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2017 at 09:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John M  

The route was as described earlier in this thread is correct, south from LaBocana.

John M

Not sure about that. The established route south from La Bocana (which actually starts a few miles inland from the coast) was, the last time I rode it, doable in a 4WD, albeit pretty hairy in a few spots. Given the very steep topography of the area north of La Bocana and the degree of difficulty noted by the OP, I think the trail he's describing links La Bufadora to Bahia Soledad, which is then accessible by a 4WD road that goes south to the La Bocana/Punta China road. Interesting. Years ago on the Amigos board an old surf rat posted about a trail that reached the beach (excellent break but a bit sharky, if I recall the post correctly) just north of Bahia Soledad, but of course he kept mum about exactly where he accessed it from the northeast. :cool:

[Edited on 9-13-2017 by DanO]

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.