Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Grossest thing during Lidia
freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2017 at 08:38 PM
Grossest thing during Lidia

During Lidia the isopods left the beach and hide out on my house . It was out of a sifi movie

IMG_0868-1024x1365.JPG - 248kB
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-7-2017 at 08:43 PM

Caldo!

freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2017 at 09:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Caldo!

OH! Please send me you favorite isopod recipe;D
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2017 at 10:25 AM

ARE YOU SERIOUS? I so so so wish I had not opened this thread. Where do you LIVE? No way I want to be there during a hurricane.

GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS yuck ick dang.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-8-2017 at 10:30 AM

Let me think about that.......seeing a swarm of bugs, or not seeing one scorpion? I'll take the bugs!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-8-2017 at 10:32 AM

ME?I am with Blanca!!!YUK

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 9-8-2017 at 10:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
ARE YOU SERIOUS? I so so so wish I had not opened this thread. Where do you LIVE? No way I want to be there during a hurricane.

papa fernandez gonzaga bay.....they had a pretty good hike to get up there!
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2017 at 10:44 AM

This is a delicacy in the Philippines. Had a big bowl in Olongopo.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Feathers
Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-8-2017 at 10:49 AM

lol.... I'd rather have these critters than those Gynormus green Tomato-eating Thugs.:lol:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2017 at 11:11 AM

I totally pass on all those critters.

Scorpions hide! usually, you only see them if you move a rock or garbage can.

One year we did have grasshoppers all over the wall around the varanda, I would post a photo but I am pretty sure I deleted them all.

Spiders don't bother me at all, which is a blessing since they are all over the place. Constant battle to keep them at bay.

Freedivebrian - you may hear my scream during nightmares tonight. I apologize in advance.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2017 at 09:37 PM

I totally pass on all those critters.

Scorpions hide! usually, you only see them if you move a rock or garbage can.

One year we did have grasshoppers all over the wall around the varanda, I would post a photo but I am pretty sure I deleted them all.

Spiders don't bother me at all, which is a blessing since they are all over the place. Constant battle to keep them at bay.

Freedivebrian - you may hear my scream during nightmares tonight. I apologize in advance.

Please don't let the thought of thousands of bugs on the house give you nightmares. After the storm they peacefully walk back to the sea never to seen again . Untill.......
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 9-9-2017 at 12:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Caldo!

Frito!
basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2017 at 01:21 PM

Better than scorpions :bounce:
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2017 at 09:57 AM

In La Paz, I get these amphibian looking lizards, could be a newt of some kind; about 2 to 4 inches, usually walking across a wall, and they make a sucking sound at night. I used to try to get them and kill them or throw them outside, but now I only get them if it's convenient. They do no harm except that they leave their droppings on the floors, counters, and window sills.

Don't want any scorpions, usually find 2 or 3 a year in the house...small ones. When I cleaned up the yard, removed all the weeds on the property and threw away a lot of junk away, got rid of all the bushy vegetation completely, and continuously keep the area all around the house completely clear, coral looking snakes (black and white stripes), scorpion sightings and all other critters just about ceased to be present. Big difference.

Ants only invade the house during really hot stretches, but they don't bother me as much as they used to, psychologically. Once, I killed a moth and left it on the kitchen floor for about 1/2 hour. A bunch of ants were all over it and a visible line of the ants were coming from a corner in the wall. Didn't have time to clean it all up because I was on my way out to meeting. When I came back a few hours later, the ants and the moth were completely gone; no sign of either. That's when I realized that ants actually serve a "clean up" scavenging purpose so long as there is no other food source or unclean environment around to keep them around. Now, if I could only get rid of some pesky 'topos' that killed my orange tree.

However, I am so grateful that the three iguanas that have inhabited the tiles on my roof for the past 9 nine years are still here, even after all the new construction I have done on the house. They are big now...and beautiful. But, every time I mention them to my many Mexican acquaintances and my neighbors, the first thing out of their mouths is "they are very delicious". I feel I have to keep reminding my neighbors to not touch "MY iguanas" during my absences.
SDROB
Junior Nomad

Mood: BajaOnTheBrain

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 10:38 AM

Yeah those things are freakin nasty. I would of def hit them with a quick blow torch and scorched them fast enough to not set the house on fire.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.