BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Estero Coyote, Campo Rene...anyone been recently?
clubfred
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2017 at 12:35 PM
Estero Coyote, Campo Rene...anyone been recently?

Last time Hubs and I were there was in early 2014. They had just finished one brand new palapa and were working on the second. Word was that they were moving in a more eco-tourism direction, which is awesome. We could already see the fish stocks coming back up.

We'll be heading down this January and I see the website for Campo Rene hasn't been updated since 2014. Just wondering if anyone has visited lately and how things are going there?

Cheers!
Kristene
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2017 at 01:40 PM

2 palapas. upgraded camp sites, other rooms the same...camp bathrooms the same, restaurant bathrooms renovated. Food has been good but service slow. Can get busy on the weekends.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-9-2017 at 02:12 PM

Hi Kristene! Been a long time since the Posada Concepcion days! Glad you are not in the Bahamas any more, either!

I took some photos not long ago (June) at Campo Rene on my TRIP #5 of 2017, researching for a new road guide to some of Baja's great locations... here is the thread: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=86781

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

clubfred
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2017 at 02:24 PM

Thanks, David!

I'll check that out. Yes, I'm also very glad I'm no longer in the Bahamas. Man, what a rough year. Our province has been in a state of emergency, because of our wildfires, since July! Crazy.

clubfred
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2017 at 02:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I took some photos not long ago (June) at Campo Rene on my TRIP #5 of 2017, researching for a new road guide to some of Baja's great locations... here is the thread: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=86781

Oooooh, the road looks BAD! Darn. Ah well, keeps out the faint of heart, right? :)
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2017 at 07:29 AM

The road from highway 1 into Punta Abreojos has been fixed - very few potholes now.

Who knows how long that will last.

Campo Rene is pretty much the same as it has been for a while. No more new cabanas, great food at the restaurant with slow service but this is Baja - no hurries and no worries!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2017 at 10:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by clubfred  

Oooooh, the road looks BAD! Darn. Ah well, keeps out the faint of heart, right? :)

As Blanca said. All fixed. When I advised David it was being repaired (when he was puttiing his report together) he got mad. Don't know why he insists the road is bad.

Other errors in his report but he takes it as criticism so I will leave it to others to figure out.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-10-2017 at 04:38 PM

Most of us don't need up to the minute pothole reports. I can't wait for his "guide." *sigh!*

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2017 at 05:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

As Blanca said. All fixed. When I advised David it was being repaired (when he was puttiing his report together) he got mad. Don't know why he insists the road is bad.

Other errors in his report but he takes it as criticism so I will leave it to others to figure out.

I didn't get mad... good grief, I only stated the obvious which was that road has had potholes for quite awhile (years) and there were no crews at work or materials staged when I was on the road three months ago. Half the distance was great and half was full of holes. That they really repaved all those miles finally is great news... Photos or a post in the Nomad Road Conditions forum of the new highway work would have been nice to see.

#1 at the time I pointed out there was a sign outlining repairs..which you had a copy of. Then you had all comments removed from the post and I gave up.

#2 Once you were notified of the road being repaired by myself and others, why did you not correct your road guide? You saw how your misleading guide affected the last reader.

Are your ever wrong?

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2017 at 06:19 PM

lol.....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-10-2017 at 06:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

His names for geographic landmarks and ranches are wrong at frequency of about 1 out of 10, and he misses a lot. i think he just speeds by every sign and writes down what's on signs,... signs don't always inform you what's on the road... (unless it's one of the common tour stops that have hung signage).
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-10-2017 at 06:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Most of us don't need up to the minute pothole reports. I can't wait for his "guide." *sigh!*

Didn't you pre-order a case to hand out at xmas this year?

Woody, you should write a surf guide book :lol:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-10-2017 at 06:35 PM

Yeah, my title will be, "If you don't surf, don't start!" Sure to be a best seller!

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2017 at 06:41 PM

too late, pipeline:

https://www.google.com.mx/search?safe=off&hl=en&biw=...

[Edited on 9-11-2017 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2017 at 06:52 PM

LOL. Clubfred the road is just fine. The parking lot to Rene is not roped off..and as confimed by Blanca, the food is good, service is slow. Can get very busy on Sundays.

Come on down if you so desire.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2017 at 07:23 PM

Glad to know the highway is fixed. When the Squarecircle and I drove it last December it was pothole city.

I just hope they used more than 1/4 inch of asphalt in he repairs or it'll be the same next year.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 9-10-2017 at 09:12 PM

So DK if you are open, why do you take down your post when they put you in a bad light. Have a nice day!!!

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 09:37 AM

I have seen your reports disappear for years. What I do in Baja isn't important, I help where I can. Self glorification by what I do isn't my thing.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 09:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MMc  
So DK if you are open, why do you take down your post when they put you in a bad light. Have a nice day!!!

Explain what was put in a bad light, as I only report what is there that I saw? What was taken down? My trip reports are all here on Nomad and other forums... nothing from my trip report was taken down by me, no reason to.

How about some useful reporting of your own. If things have changed in the three months since my report and photos were taken, where are your reports and photos to show it is no longer that way?

Thank you.

Oh pleaseeeeee. David, I went line by line giving you corrections..I am sure some remember. I was able to do so because I live there and am close to La Bocana. I did so without criticism nor did I comment about any other area. You got very upset and defensive. Ultimately all my comments disappeared. Since you care nothing about accuracy, I will refrain from commenting except when someone else reacts, such as in this thread.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 09:48 AM

Even in this case you could not say "oh good, I will make the corrections". Just another Brew ha ha.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.