BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Estero Coyote, Campo Rene...anyone been recently?
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 10:46 AM

To clear the air about the road into Abreojos/Rene...

Drove it July 31st.....3 or 4 areas were full of potholes but equipment to fix them were there.
Drove back out on August 15 bound for Vizcaino for an ATM run.
Some potholes filled in with some sections newly paved over.

Left Campo Rene August 31st......to escape approaching trop storm Lidia.....bound for Loreto and home pulling at 24' travel trailer.
Stayed a total of 30 days.
Road work was nearly complete then with only a few potholes.

Current and up to date info is needed after Lidia.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 11:21 AM

unless things have changed....if you think there's ANY chance of rain and you're staying in the old cabins, bring a big ol' tarp to cover the roofs, we got soaked in there! but gotta love it! :coolup:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 11:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  
To clear the air about the road into Abreojos/Rene...

Drove it July 31st.....3 or 4 areas were full of potholes but equipment to fix them were there.
Drove back out on August 15 bound for Vizcaino for an ATM run.
Some potholes filled in with some sections newly paved over.

Left Campo Rene August 31st......to escape approaching trop storm Lidia.....bound for Loreto and home pulling at 24' travel trailer.
Stayed a total of 30 days.
Road work was nearly complete then with only a few potholes.

Current and up to date info is needed after Lidia.

Wonderful, thank you for the details... I will edit my road guide manuscript and change the photo I took of the holes 3 months ago. It is that easy!

This type of posts would be great to see in the Nomad Road Conditions forum!:light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 11:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by MMc  
So DK if you are open, why do you take down your post when they put you in a bad light. Have a nice day!!!

Explain what was put in a bad light, as I only report what is there that I saw? What was taken down? My trip reports are all here on Nomad and other forums... nothing from my trip report was taken down by me, no reason to.

How about some useful reporting of your own. If things have changed in the three months since my report and photos were taken, where are your reports and photos to show it is no longer that way?

Thank you.

Oh pleaseeeeee. David, I went line by line giving you corrections..I am sure some remember. I was able to do so because I live there and am close to La Bocana. I did so without criticism nor did I comment about any other area. You got very upset and defensive. Ultimately all my comments disappeared. Since you care nothing about accuracy, I will refrain from commenting except when someone else reacts, such as in this thread.

Accuracy is all I ever want.

Why did you remove your posts if they were what you now say, only you or Doug can remove posts? You got all worked up when I showed a photo of a motel at the La Bocana entrance and just drove on 25 miles of trashed pavement. Maybe you just don't remember how harsh you speak on here? If Doug removed them it was because it was nothing but personal hate and a distraction. I have other friends in Abreojos and La Bocana who I can get data from without the usual Ralph stuff.

I will come back and remove these childish debates you insist on having with me because I care more about providing travel help than arguing with you as there is just no pleasing you, and I have tried.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 04:34 PM

Waaaaaahhh....come on david show us some maps, you'll feel better :rolleyes:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 05:09 PM

ALL OF YOU, TAKE YOUR MEDS OR HAVE A DRINK RIGHT NOW....your blood pressures are gonna go up! My blood pressure went up just reading this post.

To end the discussion of potholes because the road from highway 1 to Abre was ridiculously, absurdly, maddeningly awful not too long ago, now, post Lidia, it is such a nice drive! We just went to Vizcaino last week. I don't remember hitting one pothole. Miracles do happen.

Dali Dali - are you really saying that you were in campo rene and did not come and introduce yourself???? Crushed! I am crushed. My favorite part of bajanomad is meeting everyone I can. Puleez come by next time.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2017 at 09:35 AM

I know! I didn't take my ipad with me and kicked myself all day! Since we will be going to Vizcaino and San Ignacio again this week, I will take some photos.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
clubfred
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2017 at 12:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
The road from highway 1 into Punta Abreojos has been fixed - very few potholes now.

Who knows how long that will last.

Campo Rene is pretty much the same as it has been for a while. No more new cabanas, great food at the restaurant with slow service but this is Baja - no hurries and no worries!

Fantastic! Good to hear, thanks. :)
clubfred
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2017 at 01:02 PM

Well, I didn't mean to start a kerfuffle! We just want to fish. :)

Glad to hear about the road--thanks all. It's going to be a quick trip this year but we will be towing a travel trailer, so it's nice to be prepared. We LOVE Campo Rene and the last time we were there the fish stocks in the estero were starting to rebound, with plenty of itty bitty juveniles as well. Yay!!

Funny story, for anyone still reading this thread, lol. Our first trip to Estero Coyote was in 1999, with a camper and towing our dirt bikes, before the road was paved. The washboard was the worst we'd ever seen in our life--ad we've done a LOT of back road driving. On the way out, we also hit a massive sand storm. At one point, Hubs looked in the rear view mirror and said, "Did we close the camper door?"

I looked back and said, "Do we *have* a camper door??"

We got out and were immediately sandblasted. Turns out the vibration from the washboard loosened all the screws and the door had fallen off--thankfully it landed on the dirtbike trailer. It was too hard to fix with the sandstorm blowing, so we tossed the door in the back and drove on.

When we hit the pavement and the first military checkpoint, the fellow asked if he could look in the back and we had to stifle laughter. We watched in the rear view as he stepped into...the Sahara Desert!! He had no idea what to do, pulled our crib board out of a pile of sand, "inspected" it, then told us to drive on. Heh.

Best worst time ever.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.