Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: InReach/Earthmate
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2017 at 08:37 AM

By the way David you can hide the InReach WPs and track to allow viewing them map while driving and viewing on the phone/tablet. Wont help much in Baja since there are minimal roads. But it sure works well here in the states with great back road coverage.
Glad to see you are hiding the straight lines for your posts. Now you just need to hide the WPs.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-14-2017 at 08:42 AM

Well, no, not hiding any. If I zoomed in closer, you'd see some straight lines. I don't know how to eliminate them.
Also, how do you drop the waypoints and message points from Earthmate map?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2017 at 09:37 AM

There are two choice hide and delete.

You don't eliminate them you hide them from view. On Earthmate on your device go to settings an fiddle with the various settings. Easier to use Google to see how.

The way I understand what ever you do all the original data is stored on the cloud to allow recover later.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2017 at 09:49 AM

As was mentioned above go to your InReach account then map then choose filters for track and WPs and get rid of what you do not want to post. It is all reversible using the same filters.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2017 at 01:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
As was mentioned above go to your InReach account then map then choose filters for track and WPs and get rid of what you do not want to post. It is all reversible using the same filters.

So, the Earthmate map, while different, is locked to the inReach map... you have to get rid of (filter by date, etc.) the stuff on one to have it be clear on the other?

I sure hope to have someone share how to get rid of those straight (fly-over) lines connecting track and message points, miles apart, that have nothing to do with the road I drove or trail I hiked. They totally ruin the map to show roads traveled.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2017 at 02:56 PM

I managed to delete all my tracks. Bummer, Now I have to use the cloud to get them back (if possible?). Since my Google searches are inadequate my plan is to get involved in the InReach forum. When I get time.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2017 at 03:17 PM

I managed to delete all my tracks. Bummer, Now I have to use the cloud to get them back (if possible?). Since my Google searches are inadequate my plan is to get involved in the InReach forum. When I get time.

Well, I had hoped to ask on an inReach forum myself. I did not find an active forum. If you do, please let me know. I think when Garmin bought DeLorme it killed the DeLorme inReach forum... I have been busy writing the book, so haven't made a huge effort to search for more forums.

ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 9-14-2017 at 03:49 PM

Have you tried to go to your delorme login page on your computer and go to the Social tab and changed the setting to show all?
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.