Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Border Wall Area Video
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2017 at 02:27 PM
Border Wall Area Video

Plucked off fb, excuse if posted before, may be of interest to some

http://www.azcentral.com/videos/news/politics/border-issues/...

StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2017 at 02:38 PM

VERY cool. Will watch on the big screen at home tonight. Also available on YouTube.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-21-2017 at 03:13 PM

Nice video, interesting.
However, the comments about not seeing any illegal cross-border activity during the filming was a little odd.
I thought it was common knowledge that that activity is mostly in the dark and all the filming was during the daytime. That the "journalists" in the car just abandoned the filming project when they were told they could not trespass private land (near Otay?) and didn't go on to the ocean, to see the end, was odd, too?
Anyway, thanks for the link... it was fun to see how much of America is unprotected and open, and not just harsh terrain areas where a wall is not needed but the flatlands of Texas, along the river.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2017 at 04:15 PM

Sure, it has a no wall lean to it, a bias. Difficult, if not impossible
to keep that out of it. Some of the terrain, miles of no border,
seeing it from the air is interesting. We will see if something
is ever built

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-21-2017 at 04:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

..a little odd. ...
I thought it was common knowledge that that activity is mostly in the dark and all the filming was during the daytime. That the "journalists" in the car just abandoned the filming project when they were told they could not trespass private land (near Otay?) and didn't go on to the ocean, to see the end, was odd, too?
Anyway, thanks for the link... it was fun to see how much of America is unprotected and open, and not just harsh terrain areas where a wall is not needed but the flatlands of Texas, along the river.

David,
What is odd about those things?

The journalists (no need to put their profession in quotes....unless you discredit their profession,which is what it seems you are doing....odd as you consider yourself a "writer" and "published author" :?: ) turned back as they were told to leave "private property" (who owned that property:?:?).

"America is unprotected and open"......uh, ya.....ever looked at the coastline? Wanna put a wall around that, too?

Sounds like you are a wall guy.....you think it's a good investment for your country?

Don't believe everything you think....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2017 at 05:01 PM

We already have a "wall" and it is a fence actually here in California for much of the border.

They were two girls making a movie, what was their journalism credentials? Why didn't they drive to Imperial Beach and include the Tijuana Estuary we locally know as the cesspool.

I am critical that they just quit when they couldn't drive that dirt road anymore... the border still went for miles west of where they were.

I am a published author, many times... What does that have to do with anything?

Our coastline is pretty well populated so it would be hard to sneak in to invade us that way. Thanks to the wall we already have, it forces many invaders to go to Arizona instead of California. An invader is someone who comes in uninvited and without permission. Do you lock your home or your car or is it okay for anyone to use what is yours, without your permission? I know you have some feelings about this.

I am for national sovereignty and the rule of law, but I wouldn't dream of telling Canada or Mexico how to protect its border. Do you fault Mexico for having a border wall with Guatemala?

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2017 at 05:26 PM

I am a published author, many times...

An invader is someone who comes in uninvited and without permission.

You would think an author published many times would know the word "invade" connotes the use of violence to conquer, subjugate, seize.

Hardly applicable to the tiny percentage of people in the US (less than 2%) who crossed the border illegally.

[Edited on 9-22-2017 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2017 at 07:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

Hardly applicable to the tiny percentage of people in the US (less than 2%) who crossed the border illegally.

It is perplexing to me, that a FEW frequent visitors to Mex
lack empathy for Mexican Nationals who come north. I've
come in contact with a small number of Gringos who hold an attitude that
Mexicans should be fortunate to have them visit. I doubt
they have any meaningful interaction with Baja residents.
Every person deserves respect and be treated as an equal.
I would like to see a personality test given to ferret out these
at the border going south
freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2017 at 08:26 PM

California is sueing the federal government over building the wall when California already has a wall????
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-21-2017 at 09:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

I am a published author, many times...

An invader is someone who comes in uninvited and without permission.

You would think an author published many times would know the word "invade" connotes the use of violence to conquer, subjugate, seize.

A$$hats!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-21-2017 at 10:39 PM

Do you fault Mexico for having a border wall with Guatemala?

David, there is no wall between Mexico and Guatemala. I ask you again, where the heck do you get your information? Wherever it is, you are being lied to and you are perpetuating the same lies. Please stop. Please. :(
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2017 at 04:38 AM

Do you fault Mexico for having a border wall with Guatemala? [/rquote]

:rolleyes: klueless in kalifornia.:lol:

[Edited on 9-22-2017 by chippy]
measomsan
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2017 at 05:34 AM

So let the name calling begin. It is sad when someone disagrees then falls back on simple name calling. Having owned two houses on the East Cape for just under ten years kinda makes me part of the discussion.
The opening of the video told you where it was headed. Living in Texas with family in LE I see what has been coming north. Not the Best and Brightest for sure. The Mexicans I know in Mx do not want to come here. They want to raise their families in Mx. And my take. We need boarders, we need laws, and those two need to be enforced.
So if ya want to get to the name calling I'm ready. Hey just for fun let me drop a BLM and Hands up don't shoot. That should get this party started :cool:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-22-2017 at 06:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by measomsan  
We need boarders,

Why? Are you running a hotel or boarding house? :?:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2017 at 07:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajadogs  

Do you fault Mexico for having a border wall with Guatemala?

David, there is no wall between Mexico and Guatemala. I ask you again, where the heck do you get your information? Wherever it is, you are being lied to and you are perpetuating the same lies. Please stop. Please. :(

IT'S OLD NEWS, why haven't you heard this? I even quoted CNN for you, lol!:

In 2010: https://www.infowars.com/mexico-builds-wall-on-guatemala-bor...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 2010: Mexico Building Fence… on Its Southern Border
Published September 23, 2010

Reporting from Guatemala City, Danilo Valladares of the Inter-Press Service (IPS) notes that there will be one more barrier for Guatemalan immigrants in their trek to the United States. In addition to dodging dangerous drug traffickers and immigration officials, the latest obstacle is emerging: a wall between Guatemala and Mexico.

According to the head of customs for Mexico’s tax administration, Raul Diaz, the Mexican border state of Chiapas is constructing a wall along the country’s southern border with Guatemala, along the river Suchiate which divides the countries. Diaz says the purpose of the wall is to prevent the passage of contraband, but admits, “It could also prevent the free passage of illegal immigrants.”

According to Mexico’s National Commission on Human Rights (CNDH), 500,000 people from Central America cross into Mexico illegally every year — the vast majority of them attempting to reach the United States. In addition, smugglers reportedly use the Suchiate River to move goods across the international border without paying duty taxes.

Just as Mexican authorities have opposed more strict border enforcement and the construction of a border fence along the U.S. border with their country, Mexico is now receiving a great deal of criticism from Guatemalan officials.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 2011: “CNN is reporting that 142 illegal immigrants crossing the border from Guatemala into Mexico were arrested and are now being held in jail. Under the Mexican Constitution and statutes, intentionally crossing into Mexico without proper documentation is a felony subjecting the violator to immediate imprisonment. In addition, imprisonment follows even in circumstances where the illegal immigrant has paid a bribe which is often “required” to cross the border…”

“Just last month, 513 people were apprehended in two trailers in Chiapas, bordering Guatemala. They represented a cargo worth at least $3.5 million. Another trailer filled with 219 people was discovered in January.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 2010: Wed, OCT 6th 2010 @ 1:50 pm EDT
Mexico, which often criticizes the American government for putting up barriers which restrict the flow of illegal immigrants across the U.S. - Mexico border is building a fence of its own along its southern border with Guatemala.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2017 at 07:39 AM

Not that it makes any difference to the issue at hand, but there is no wall along Mexico's southern border. Just fences in populated areas.

"there is no wall along the Mexico-Guatemala border"
http://www.snopes.com/mexico-guatemala-border/

"There is no continuous wall on the border"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guatemala%E2%80%93Mexico_borde...

"No, it is an internet hoax."
https://www.quora.com/Does-Mexico-have-a-wall-on-its-souther...

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-22-2017 at 10:32 AM

Who thinks the wall concept Trumpers support is affordable/good use of tax dollars considering the FACTS of proposed costs?

Of course managing legal and illegal entries into any country on Earth is a crucial issue....being sensible/practical/effective about how to manage the demands is the challenge.

Don't believe everything you think....
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-22-2017 at 11:01 AM

I retired from the construction industry, and I have personally been on projects where a sub contractor would show up with a large crew that except for the foreman, spoke little or no English. On one job, the entire drywall crew decided to go take a break somewhere off site when a municipal building inspector showed up to approve the service hook up!

I am in Anchorage, I don't think a wall would make a damn bit of difference! The workers will go where they can network with other migrants, legal, or otherwise.

I am not anti immigrant, but an open border policy would be harmful to the US standard of living. I agree with Ged, that borders should be managed, but you cannot manage illegal entries if cheaters are rewarded.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2017 at 11:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by measomsan  

The opening of the video told you where it was headed. Living in Texas with family in LE I see what has been coming north. Not the Best and Brightest for sure.

Wow same old shlt Prez Rump spews about the immigrants. They're rapists too, right?

Your politics suck. DK's too. Let's talk about fish tacos.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
akshadow
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2017 at 12:29 PM
political forum?

had to check to see what forum I was reading.

Ron San Felipe Oct, Nov. Feb. Mar. April. remainder in Juneau Ak
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.