Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dog stops
Sr.vienes
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2017 at 09:18 AM
Dog stops

Been liking, printing and laminating the KM guides DK has been posting. I have started a KM log of my own "barely started" which is DOG POOP SPOTS. It actually is a spot you can pull off fast enough not to get rear ended, far enough away from the hiway they don't run out there with and with no locked gates. So far the only the only two I have remembered to record are KM 206 south of GN and KM 83 south of Loreto. I might add that these are usually running smell every bush stops without the pooping, that is always saved for motel parking lots where I have to "scoop the poop"
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 9-22-2017 at 09:36 AM

Could be useful for people pee stops also..............

And MORE importantly beer stops...

[Edited on 9-22-2017 by Paco Facullo]
Archie
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2017 at 11:34 AM

This is a post i can relate.

I'm always on the look for a dog stop, as i always have a four legged copilot with me.

I go often from GN to Ens, anytime i can i stop at Mauricio's for my mandatory machaca de res to go, and exactly .66 Mi (1 km) north from the road to Rosalillita there's an entrance to a parallel service road and a dirt road. Far enough from the paved road and high enough so you can see anyone coming from any direction.

the other place i stop by, its right before the 242 km marker, theres a dirt road that goes up the hill, also a secluded place. I've camped there a few times when didn't want to drive too late at night or felt too tired. Also on high ground to feel safe.

North of there, i only stop at Cataviña to say hello to some friends and to get the latest info on the road conditions, and the answer it's always the same: don't stop if you don't have to, and if you have to, always do it where there's people around, be it San Pablo, Guayaqui, El descanso or Los Martires.

[Edited on 9-22-2017 by Archie]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-22-2017 at 11:55 AM

Oh how I wish that my dog's body functions were determined by a convenient place to pull over! The truth is, that she can go much longer between events than I can, so I stop where and when I can (for me) and hope for the best.

A product that I would buy if it existed, is a small spray bottle that with one puff would safely and temporarily kill her sense of smell. It would shorten my stops significantly!

She is still my favorite passenger, and makes me laugh on a regular basis!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-22-2017 at 12:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Sr.vienes  
Been liking, printing and laminating the KM guides DK has been posting. I have started a KM log of my own "barely started" which is DOG POOP SPOTS. It actually is a spot you can pull off fast enough not to get rear ended, far enough away from the hiway they don't run out there with and with no locked gates. So far the only the only two I have remembered to record are KM 206 south of GN and KM 83 south of Loreto. I might add that these are usually running smell every bush stops without the pooping, that is always saved for motel parking lots where I have to "scoop the poop"

There are so many turn offs. Just pick one and try it.

If tailgaters bother you, just slow down a bit on the straights and they will pass on by.

If you need a guidebook to pee in the desert, then something is wrong :light:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Sr.vienes
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2017 at 04:02 PM

Pee stops for me aren't a problem, I've watched the locals long enough to figger out that right on the edge of the the road is acceptable in the Mexican Emily Post. It's them damn long legged half wolf dogs my son has, gotta be far enough from the pavement that they turn back for water before they replace the Bulldog on the front of a Mack truck.
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2017 at 09:32 PM

Seriously ... Baja has more pit stop areas than the rest of the world combined.

In that pre-Google Earth and social media epoch, The Code was adhered to. It was based on a simple verity: if a locale had been transformational for you, and you had put the hard yards in to get there and to learn it, to know it, why in god�s name would you broadcast the news, thus ruining the future experience not only for yourself, but for future adventurers?
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-23-2017 at 05:19 AM

Use caution while watering the cactus!

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 9-23-2017 at 06:19 AM

LOL lady pit stops are easy - pull off the road at a slight angle - open both passenger doors (well unless you are driving a lifted truck) and viola, a little private stall.

My canine passenger unfortunately likes to run around prior to a poo, so I appreciate places to stop where we can provide this for him!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.