Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Driving from San Felipe to Loreto
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2017 at 06:16 PM
Driving from San Felipe to Loreto

What's the best place to stop for the night to break it up?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-24-2017 at 06:19 PM

San Ignacio, but it depends what time you begin, how you drive, what you want for accomodations.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2017 at 09:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
San Ignacio, but it depends what time you begin, how you drive, what you want for accomodations.

That looks like it would work. Just need something that is fairly secure.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2017 at 09:51 AM

It would be difficult to imagine anything "not" secure in a town of that size and in that location. What is it, - very expensive and very new vehicle?
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2017 at 09:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
It would be difficult to imagine anything "not" secure in a town of that size and in that location. What is it, - very expensive and very new vehicle?

I really hate to say this because I really like the town. But the locals tell me they have been experiencing a lot of theft and petty crime over the last year. They attribute it to a meth problem. Terri and Gary's B&B is pretty secure. La Huerta has parking in front of the rooms but I do not know about security.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2017 at 12:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  

Three dirt bikes. Newer truck.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 9-25-2017 at 12:59 PM

What about Terra Sol in G.N.? Maybe not as far South as you want to go but appeared very safe when I stayed there last month. You can make Loreto easily the next day.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 9-25-2017 at 01:48 PM

Both La Huerta and Terra Sol have roving security guards at night - or so the desk person says. Have used both with no problems, however there's always a risk. Maybe have a dog sleep in the bed of the truck.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2017 at 02:01 PM

Oh, yeah - San Ignacio dogs... Never ever walk back streets there after dark. Hordes of them are roaming loose. Though they stop as soon as you stop and face them. Had to stop at almost every second casa, very distracting...
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2017 at 02:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  
What about Terra Sol in G.N.? Maybe not as far South as you want to go but appeared very safe when I stayed there last month. You can make Loreto easily the next day.

Thx, I'll keep it in mind and see how we are doing.
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2017 at 03:35 PM

Hotel Motelito Fong
small, 6? room motel with a gate which is closed at night. They are a family of moto racers. Clean ,funky place. 100 yards from the hwy. Heading south, turn right just past the Pemex and it will be on the right side.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2017 at 08:02 AM

I'm headed home via the Mx 5. Can anyone provide a drive time estimate for GN to Mexicali or San Felipe>

In Memory of E-57
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-28-2017 at 08:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alan  
I'm headed home via the Mx 5. Can anyone provide a drive time estimate for GN to Mexicali or San Felipe>

See this thread: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=87681

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by bajagrouper  
DAVID, Do you have an estimation driving time from the junction of Highways 1 & 5 to San Felipe?

If you are light, no stopping at Coco's... About 3 hours now... maybe 3.5
Hwy. 1- Gonzaga 1 hour to 1.5 hrs. (35 mi)
Gonzaga to Puertecitos: 45 min. (45 mi)
Puertecitos to San Felipe: 1 hour + (52 miles) BAD DIPS, don't drive too fast so you can slow down for them.

The Guerrero Negro to Hwy. 5 junction (Laguna Chapala) is 110 miles, or 2 hours driving time... so added to the 3.5 hours mentioned in the other thread= 5.5 hours for Guerrero Negro to San Felipe (242 miles).

[Edited on 9-28-2017 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-28-2017 at 08:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alan  

8 hours if you don't stop for gas, food or pee (pee in a coke bottle).

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.