Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Motocross of Nations
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2017 at 09:30 AM
Motocross of Nations

Motocross of Nations is on Sunday at 11am PST CBS Sports.

Will also be on Monday 4pm on CBS Sports.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 9-27-2017 at 02:06 PM

Thanks. Got is scheduled for record.
Outdoor AMA Motocross was fantastic this year.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 9-27-2017 at 03:34 PM

Thanks for the heads up:cool:

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2017 at 11:32 AM

France is on top of the world again. Very disappointed in the USA effort. Osborne was good but Seely and Covington not so good. Yes there was bike problems but I don't thing the USA put forth their best riders except for Osborne.

Osborne 10 & 3
Seely 38 & 33
Covington 22 & 17

USA 9th
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 10-3-2017 at 11:42 AM

bottom line.....nobody wanted to go! 2018 Red Bud! :yes:
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2017 at 01:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
bottom line.....nobody wanted to go! 2018 Red Bud! :yes:

yup, can't say I blame em with monster energy cup coming up then supercross not far behind.....but a big shout out to Zacho!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2017 at 02:08 PM

From Thumpertalk: Roger DeCoster talks about the MoN.

Roger DeCoster was there leading the charge when Team USA begin its historic Motocross of Nations win streak back in 1981, and spearheaded the majority of the squad’s successful events. He also won a bunch of these events as a rider with Team Belgium. It’s been a while now since that has happened, though. Team USA has now lost six-straight, and this year wasn’t even close, as the team finished ninth.

What needs to change? The always-blunt DeCoster talked to our Steve Matthes after the event.

Racer X: Tough day, no other way to put it. Conditions were tough. Vision was tough. Bike issues. Just not a great day.

Roger DeCoster: Yeah, it was I think the worst Motocross des Nations I have been part of. The conditions were tough but they were the same for everybody. I think I want to congratulate the French team including the Netherlands and England. I think it’s cool that England got on the podium. It’s been a long time for them that they have not been up. But on our side, the two DNF’s, two mechanicals, definitely was way too much. I want to say good job from [Zach] Osborne. He rode awesome. He fought. He had issues with his goggles and all that in the first moto, but he still did a really good job and almost won the 250 overall but he lost by one point. If he had avoided that crash in the first moto he would have had that. So, [if] I feel bad for one person, it’s for him. He really did a good job and was very positive the whole weekend from the beginning. With the effort he put in, he deserved to be on the winning team.

The dry track yesterday, we saw the results. USA was a podium team or maybe a win with a dry track, right?

Yeah, if we would have needed a little bit of luck for that to be possible, but I think podium was realistically possible. It did not happen. When it’s two DNF’s there’s no chance, there’s no way.

"I think we need to have everybody work together. The teams, the sponsors, the main sponsors, the FIM, the AMA, Youthstream, everybody needs to work together."

Kardy
What do we got to do to get these guys … Monster Energy Kawi, Cooper Webb said he didn’t want to do it. Eli Tomac’s bowed out. Ryan Dungey bowed out for a couple years. What do we got to do to get these teams and riders here?

I think we need to have everybody work together. The teams, the sponsors, the main sponsors, the FIM, the AMA, Youthstream, everybody needs to work together. We need to make a better calendar because now it’s even getting late for the Europeans to do the Motocross des Nations in mid-October next year. It’s even late for them. They need a break too and the factories need time to work on the bikes and to do testing. I have a feeling that things are going to start to change. There is some feeling that the Motocross des Nations is a big event. If you take it as a single race, it’s the biggest race of the year where we get the most press and more press in other countries than the traditional countries also. The motorcycle companies, the sponsors of the team, like Monster, Red Bull and Rockstar, those sponsors, they put a lot of money in this sport. We should do everything we can to give them the best return possible. Otherwise there’s going to be a point they’re going to say, “This doesn’t make sense.” I almost feel bad for Monster. We have three American riders and not one guy is with Monster. It’s a bummer.

Next year RedBud though, so that should be better for rider lineup and for just to reinvigorate the desire to have a team?

It should help us, for sure. It should help the Americans, but it’s also now one week away from Monster Cup. Now it’s two weeks. It’s better [being in the U.S.], but it’s still late.

Kardy
It seems like we’re having more of these losing USA conversations than you want to have.

Yeah, it’s definitely not fun. I am at the point I don’t feel like putting all this effort and work into this event if I’m one of a few that is trying to make it happen in a right way. I think like I said, the factories also, they want to see more for their money.

Maybe makes you think about all the wins, the 14 in a row. Maybe makes you a little appreciative a little more, right?

I always appreciated winning and all that but you get used to it, then when you lose a few in a row it hurts.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.