BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: diabetes and insulin
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-21-2017 at 07:40 AM

Did Ebstein draw the conclusion of ketosis being the result of low-carb diets?
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 1-6-2018 at 04:27 PM

Some of the new medications such as Victoza, Byetta and Bydureon are great as they suppress your appetite and may help with weight loss. These are second line treatments if Metformin and Glipizide do not control the blood sugar alone. Stay away from too many tortillas. Ceviche is great as a low carb alternative.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-6-2018 at 06:01 PM

Ditch the carbs, all grains and sugar and you will feel like a million bucks, look awesome and will lose that diabetes too...there are so many delicious keto recipes out there I found it super easy to do.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 1-11-2018 at 11:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by EnsenadaDr  
Some of the new medications such as Victoza, Byetta and Bydureon are great as they suppress your appetite and may help with weight loss. These are second line treatments if Metformin and Glipizide do not control the blood sugar alone. Stay away from too many tortillas. Ceviche is great as a low carb alternative.

I heard a few of those medicines, Byetta in particular, are now on the
Call Us Now legal commercials because they are killing folks.

Check it out if you take them.....easy money :)

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 1-11-2018 at 06:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by EnsenadaDr  
Adding glipizide to Metformin can lower your sugar and Victoza is also a great second line diabetic medication to be used when Metformin and diet aren't enough and runs about $250 USD a month in Mexico and available at Roma Pharmacies. Insulin tends to put weight on and can cause an increase in appetite. Victoza can cause a decrease in appetite and even may help with weight loss. It also avoids the highs and lows associated with insulin use. It is a once a day injection. Appointments are available at my clinic in La Mision. U2U me for further information.

I purchased GLIP/METFORMAN 5/500 --60 TABLETS a few days ago at Pharm Guadalajara at $55 pesos and my numbers are down from the 180s to 131 in 3 days...
Blanca you said "5. if you have any advice, I am all ears."" I guess we know where you will be injecting the insulin....LOL

[Edited on 1-12-2018 by bajagrouper]

I hear the whales song
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2018 at 12:36 AM

well... I have been in States since Christmas Eve and all the diet wishes have gone right out the window.

I have been on the insulin injections, numbers still aren't that great - even with running every day, which I was. The faces on my family members faces when I said I was going to shoot up was priceless!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
deportes
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2018 at 07:56 PM

If you have a computer, log into youtube and search ted talks . go to diabetes ted talks. Diabetes has been reversed in people even though the pill pushers in white coats will tell you that it's a decease for life and they start prescribing the lifetime pills.
Now a days the real necessary doctors are the surgeons that will save your life in an emergency or the ER doctors if you are in an emergency situation. The rest are pharma pushers.
Youtube Dr. Bergman,
increasing your fat to extreme levels and getting to a state of ketosis will make your body learn to burn fat instead of sugar. Vegetables, coconut oil, butter increase intake and reducing the carbohydrates to very low levels will reverse diabetes in its track!
Need to educate yourself it's the future. Healthcare is really unhealth care, they treat symptoms not make you healthy!

bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2018 at 11:34 AM

smF'gh !!
you sheeple (low-carbs) are the same gullibles that could actually believe that Trump weighs 239#

unbelievable
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 1-17-2018 at 12:26 PM

I'm right there along with Shari and deportes , the Keto way of eating is great !
And I don't feel deprived.

I do not have diabetes but was was just a little overweight ( 6'3" and 215 lbs ) Now 195 lbs. and feel MUCH better.

I'd say Keto is NOT a diet per se' but simply a way of eating.

Best of luck Blanca
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2018 at 12:48 PM

:):):):)
stay tuned
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.