Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: SCORE Journal - Trail of Missions
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2017 at 07:02 PM
SCORE Journal - Trail of Missions

The current issue of SCORE Journal has an article about the Trial of Missions (page 18).

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-28-2017 at 08:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by StuckSucks  
The current issue of SCORE Journal has an article about the Trial of Missions (page 18).

Ran across these marooons once at mission Santa Maria hotel in SQ. We had a group of kids on the beach, right in front of the hotel, running in the small dunes, and these marooons came barreling in at full speed driving over dunes, spraying sand,... just pure luck they did not kill anyone. Cameron Steele and his customers are marooonic knuckledraggers! After terrorizing the adults and their children, they parked their vehicles in formation on the dunes so they could preen like idiotic peac-cks and take selfies of boys with toys. A$$wipes!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

CJ
Nomad

Mood: It's cool with me

[*] posted on 9-28-2017 at 08:18 PM

I would rather hang with Cameron Steel or people like him any day than a POS Like you! Slither back in your hole cabron..
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-28-2017 at 10:37 PM

Trail of Missions is the one tour designed by Cameron for the entire family, ie. women and children (not just the knuckledraggers). The tour is in June after school lets out for summer. I was on the first T.O.M. tour in 2014 lecturing at two missions during my three days with the group. I later helped Cameron with planning the next two tour routes. Plus, Cameron provides each family with a copy of my book so their mission education is more than just a photo op and some off-road driving.

It is a high-end tour and a TV show production, with a helicopter (that was fun to ride in) for aerial shots.Only late model, modified Ford Raptors, Jeep Rubicons, and Toyota Tundras seem to get in and the families have a business in the motorsports products or racing world, for the most part.

I have posted LOTs of photos I took at the 2014 Trail of Missions trip to share with you, here on Nomad. I had a few seconds of my talking about the missions that did show on CBS Sports with a plug for www.VivaBaja.com Thanks, Cameron!

[Edited on 9-29-2017 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-29-2017 at 07:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Trail of Missions is the one tour designed by Cameron for the entire family, ie. women and children (not just the knuckledraggers). The tour is in June after school lets out for summer. I was on the first T.O.M. tour in 2014 lecturing at two missions during my three days with the group. I later helped Cameron with planning the next two tour routes. Plus, Cameron provides each family with a copy of my book so their mission education is more than just a photo op and some off-road driving.

It is a high-end tour and a TV show production, with a helicopter (that was fun to ride in) for aerial shots.Only late model, modified Ford Raptors, Jeep Rubicons, and Toyota Tundras seem to get in and the families have a business in the motorsports products or racing world, for the most part.

I have posted LOTs of photos I took at the 2014 Trail of Missions trip to share with you, here on Nomad. I had a few seconds of my talking about the missions that did show on CBS Sports with a plug for www.VivaBaja.com Thanks, Cameron!

trip participants i saw were not displaying family values. not right that a "family trip" would be doing high-speed driving on the beach in front of a hotel, terrorizing other families on the beach.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2017 at 09:23 AM

Cameron has a show on before the Motocross of Nations Sunday. I think it's called "Desert Assassins: The Trail of Aloha". 10am PST Sunday on CBS Sports.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2017 at 09:38 AM
Mt. Goat, the side you don't see, perhaps?

Of course, that's not right and FAR different from the 2014 Trail of Missions when I was with them at Mision Santa Maria hotel in San Quintin.

We left in the morning and slowly caravaned out of the parking lot, single file and onto the beach (deserted beach, cold and foggy) for a couple miles drive to El Pabellon then drove to Highway 1 and onto La Lobera. The helicopter was the only unusual part other than 20 some Ford Raptors on the beach.

The kids loved it when Cameron stopped at the El Consuelo sand dunes to play.

This was the day after a visit to an orphanage in San Vicente where toys, bikes, and I think $30,000 was given in support.

Cameron and the man who runs Santa Marta Orphanage, on camera.

While you may hate off-roaders and racers, they are often the ones who give the most back of the many types of traveling groups to Baja.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2018 at 08:19 AM

Trail of Missions #5 (2018) concluded this weekend. Nomad Baja Geoff and family was a participant. Looking forward to hearing more about this year's tour.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2018 at 01:52 AM

If anyone would like to see the first Trail of Missions TV show (from 2014) it is online: https://vimeo.com/111078106 (a password may be needed: u2u me for it).
I am in it briefly, twice in the first dozen minutes, lecturing at two missions. The big thrill for me was riding in a helicopter for hundreds of miles over Baja going to and returning from my three days with the tour.

Edguero
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2018 at 09:47 PM

Watching an episode on right now, good stuff.
Edguero
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2018 at 09:52 PM

Guide states "Trail of Missions 2018" DirecTV channel 207

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.