Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Police pulled me over at Las Barancas, south of Scorpion Bay
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 09:37 AM

The goat called the OP a liar, then mocked him when he tried to explain what happened.

That is enough to earn some contempt!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 09:39 AM

Ged, have you ever had the pleasure of spending most of a day at Ca DMV? A rectal inspection while having a tooth pulled is more enjoyable!

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 09:43 AM

Woody,
You sure know how to party and have a good time....I am on the way over with a can of lube and a pair of pliers and a cordless drill...:biggrin:

But I hope I don't get pulled over for speeding on the way.....that would start another thread....

Don't believe everything you think....
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 09:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Ged, have you ever had the pleasure of spending most of a day at Ca DMV? A rectal inspection while having a tooth pulled is more enjoyable!

not to mention having to cross the border for the experience....I don't suppose they'll mail you a duplicate?
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 09:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
The goat called the OP a liar, then mocked him when he tried to explain what happened.

That is enough to earn some contempt!

Gary,
He didn't call him a liar....he simply repeated what a lot of traffic cops will say if you ask them about how people respond when getting a ticket....most often for real infractions.

This whole Bad Baja Cops thing gets old....

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 09:50 AM

Oh....it's simple.....do it when you are at home....if you aren't at the dentist or proctologists's office....

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

not to mention having to cross the border for the experience....I don't suppose they'll mail you a duplicate?

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 10:50 AM

The only time I go to the DMV is for my driver license renewal and I make an appointment then the wait is not long. For car registration I go to AAA, fast and easy.
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 10:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  

The only time I go to the DMV is for my driver license renewal and I make an appointment then the wait is not long. For car registration I go to AAA, fast and easy.

You can do most things online now. I just got my new drivers license.
People that go in to the office with out an appointment get what they deserve.
del mar
Banned

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 11:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by msteve1014  

yup, renewal online but in person to get a duplicate :(
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 11:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajachris  
Heading out of Las Barancas on August 21 a police man pulled us over and said we were speeding. Between the cattle on the road and the huge pot holes we never exceeded 30 MPH the entire way to Insurgetes. We asked him if he had a radar gun and how he knew we were speeding. He pointed to his eye... We said there is no way we were speeding and he asked if we thought he was lying. Of course we did, but we said no. He took my husband's driver license and said to return to pay in the morning. We told him we were going to Loretto and couldn't return, but would go to the police station right now. He said they were closed,...of course because it was almost 8:00 PM. His name was Louis Antonio and he said that he could take the money to the station for me in the morning, but was unable to give us a receipt. We were tired, hadn't been hit up for a mordida in about 17 years, so we paid him the 600 pesos, which was probably cheaper than buying a replacement drivers license. At the airport I was told about the fake drivers license copy trick. Other people told me to take a photo of him, his car, his identification card. We are still angry about it today....

Really? Crying about losing $35 for all the joy Mexico bring you? Get a grip!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 11:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sr.vienes  
31 years ago I was heading home from Rocky Point to get married, at the time I had a brand new Bronco. It was a Sunday morning and the customs guy on the Mexican side flagged me in, I thought this can't be good. He asked me what I had and I told him about 20 pounds of shrimp ( more like a 100) and he told me I could only have 5 or I would have to go to customs which was closed and it would be illegal for him to ask me for the duty. I smiled at him and asked how much he was not asking for and he said whatever you want. I gave $20 and have told the story so many times I feel I got my money's worth.

8-10 years ago, my MX buddy was driving his truck drunk. I was in the passenger seat with a 21 yo senorita on my lap. It was about 3am.

He gets out and talks back and forth with the cop for about 5 mins. Friend comes back to the car window and asks me for $20.

Then we were on our way.

[Edited on 10-2-2017 by JZ]
bajachris
Nomad

Mood: Love Baja

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 11:52 AM

Woody you are so funny! Just renewed my drivers license with an appointment, and it only took 10 minutes. However my husband was driving at the time and we figured it was more hassle to get a new drivers license. The cops seem to know when you're frazzled and stressed. Last time we had a screaming infant in the car. He had just quieted down and went to sleep in the car seat. I would've paid 100 bucks not to have to stop and go to the police station. 😂 I figure we contributed to cirrhosis of the liver of this 👮 cop. I mainly posted it not to whine, but to people but to let people know if you're going through that area to really be careful Or to have a plan ...
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 02:56 PM

What do you do about getting the eye test, your picture taken, and signature. That is what I had to do the last time for renewal, otherwise they have just sent me a new one with the old picture etc.
del mar
Banned

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 03:02 PM

What do you do about getting the eye test, your picture taken, and signature. That is what I had to do the last time for renewal, otherwise they have just sent me a new one with the old picture etc.

To be eligible for online, by phone and by mail renewals, you must:
Have a driver license that expires within 60 days.
Be less than 70 years old.
Not have a suspended license or driving probation.
Not have failed to appear in court within the past 2 years.
Not made your last 2 renewals by mail.
Not hold an out-of-state driver's license.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 03:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
[
.....Not hold an out-of-state driver's license.

That could be a bummer for those North/South Dakota "residents"

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 03:57 PM

Ged, the above is for Kalifornia.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2017 at 07:38 PM

Well that leaves me out I'm over 70. But I feel like 18.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 10-3-2017 at 10:38 AM

Just the price of doing business in Mexico....

I certainly do not condone crooked cops, but

I would MUCH rather pay a significantly smaller "fine" directly to the Cop than having having to deal with all the other B.S.

Question? Would you rather get a speeding ticket in the USA or Mex ? Thought so....
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 10-3-2017 at 10:44 AM

Hey, and besides.....

We are the "rich" Americans and can afford to give to the needy, no?
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2017 at 10:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajachris  
Last time we had a screaming infant in the car. He had just quieted down and went to sleep in the car seat. I would've paid 100 bucks not to have to stop and go to the police station. 😂 I figure we contributed to cirrhosis of the liver of this 👮 cop. I mainly posted it not to whine, but to people but to let people know if you're going through that area to really be careful Or to have a plan ...

That's a very good attitude. The game has many levels. We consider it a play and pay as you go civil service bored game.

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.