BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Any info on using a "cracked" firestick (etc) from an MX isp?
Gypsy62

[*] posted on 10-3-2017 at 08:50 AM
Any info on using a "cracked" firestick (etc) from an MX isp?

I'm familiar with sites that deny access from Mexico-originating isp's, but getting mixed messages whether or not a "jailbroken" amazon firestick, or alternatively the android-based & 'box' options, will function here off a slimnor, err telnor, WiFi server.
Thanks.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2017 at 07:55 AM

I use one exclusively for my TV in La Paz and use Kodi for movies and recorded TV and Mobdro for live shows (news) and for the most part it works awesome. I used the original (jailbroke) fire stick but recently upgraded to a quad core processor thru www.techlife.com as it has a much faster processor so there is less buffering

In Memory of E-57
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2017 at 07:38 AM

good info Alan, ThX
www.techlife.tv correct link

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2017 at 10:11 AM

interesting. has anyone had success with less than the 10 mbps required?

[Edited on 10-8-2017 by willardguy]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2017 at 10:49 AM

I had no idea about what the original poster was talking about. Some quick googling clued me in. It is interesting stuff. I think I'll give Kodi a whirl.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 10-8-2017 at 02:51 PM

I really do not know what I am talking about however my hubby is sooo into this stuff.

I do hear him talking about this gal named "Machanga" on YouTube. She walks you through the set-ups and updates of different "builds" that is needed. Also hear him say..."she has a great voice and goes slow enough to follow."

Hopefully others will find her YoutTube instruction helpful.
Gypsy62

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 08:40 PM

I also answered my own question this weekend.
YES, Kodi works fine from a Mexicano isp.
This is great news. Natives & Expats unfamiliar with this tech should get informed. Basically, we are talking about a simple and free software "build" for "TV boxes" (roku, firestick, Nvidia, etc) which permits access to literally thousands of channels WITHOUT any monthly fees.
Movies, news, sports, including complete north american and global channels. Cool.

I intend to follow "Alan"'s lead and replace my roku2 with a faster box. Mine freezes while buffering too frequently and has no direct ethernet port for connecting to the slimnor, err telnor, router.
SD Clist sellers sell "cracked" firesticks for $70, but it's advisable to get the later-generation firesticks. Better yet, spend another $40 (&up) to get a quad processor w/>2g.ram & >16g. internal memory. One box even has a pop-in/out sata-drive port.
There are dozens of options out there from $50-$500 so do your homework to establish your needs/wants within your budget.
Suerte.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.