Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Live from Punta Sanfrancisquito
C205Driver
Nomad

Mood: Life is Good

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 09:41 AM
Live from Punta Sanfrancisquito

.... Wife & I drove the short 3 hours ( by way of El Arco ) “Road” to PSFO yesterday & were warmly welcomed by Juan & Rosa... This is truly a special place to experience; remote & away from whatever else is happening in the world but in a setting so serene & beautiful... We have our little cabana with mattress, flush toilet & shower, cold cerveza & Rosa’s wonderful food!!! And a mile plus of a spectacular unoccupied beach upon which on might chance to see the turtles laying their eggs...So here we currently sit reading & enjoying a cold one while connected to the forum... FYI the road in has many sandy areas & would best be traversed by 4WD with a full tank of fuel...We also brought in some fresh produce- onions, carrots, tomatoes, lettuce, avacados, peppers, etc.. which is used to supplement Rosa’s meals..If one where to fly here without wheelpants either runway would do; with wheelpants I would choose the Western runway as it is more firm...YMMV...For those who have never been here it should not be viewed as a “resort” as it is anything but.... I guess in my humble opinion it is the most simple yet stunning places one is able to enjoy in a lifetime..We are so content & glad to be here.... Currently there is one other person here in a pop-up truck camper with a quad & SUP......Perfect temps & breezes...
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 10:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by C205Driver  
.... Wife & I drove the short 3 hours ( by way of El Arco ) “Road” to PSFO yesterday & were warmly welcomed by Juan & Rosa... This is truly a special place to experience; remote & away from whatever else is happening in the world but in a setting so serene & beautiful... We have our little cabana with mattress, flush toilet & shower, cold cerveza & Rosa’s wonderful food!!! And a mile plus of a spectacular unoccupied beach upon which on might chance to see the turtles laying their eggs...So here we currently sit reading & enjoying a cold one while connected to the forum... FYI the road in has many sandy areas & would best be traversed by 4WD with a full tank of fuel...We also brought in some fresh produce- onions, carrots, tomatoes, lettuce, avacados, peppers, etc.. which is used to supplement Rosa’s meals..If one where to fly here without wheelpants either runway would do; with wheelpants I would choose the Western runway as it is more firm...YMMV...For those who have never been here it should not be viewed as a “resort” as it is anything but.... I guess in my humble opinion it is the most simple yet stunning places one is able to enjoy in a lifetime..We are so content & glad to be here.... Currently there is one other person here in a pop-up truck camper with a quad & SUP......Perfect temps & breezes...

I'm envious. One of my all time favorite Baja places. Camped on the beach there many times and plan to again this year.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 10:34 AM

Wonderful! It is great to hear they have cleaned up the place and serving visitors. Please take photos to share when you return, especially of the cabin (s) and bathroom building... they were in shambles last January. I would rather have good things to report in the upcoming road guide! Did you go over to Beto's on the cove? That was impressive!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 11:58 AM

Sounds great! I just got home from there yesterday! We dove with the whale sharks at Bola and then took the road south from there to Squito. It is in worse shape than the El Arco road. A bunch of my friends are still down there over on the "Bay Side". There are yellowtail and dorado biting! Enjoy amigo!

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 12:14 PM

That was a great trip report....gracias!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 12:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Wonderful! It is great to hear they have cleaned up the place and serving visitors. Please take photos to share when you return, especially of the cabin (s) and bathroom building... they were in shambles last January. I would rather have good things to report in the upcoming road guide! Did you go over to Beto's on the cove? That was impressive!
. Hey David K.... I don’t think they have “cleaned up the place”; rather it is functional place to stay in a stunning setting with all the necessities in place.... I took some pictures that I’ll email you when across the border for your use as am not wanting to hog the bandwidth.... Had wonderful huevos rancheros picante & cerveza frias for brunch...Juan also has the cutest little kitten down here to help amuse you! And a couple of rabbits to feed after playing with the cat... some dolphins last night & whales this morning.... & if you are a wino like me, box wine is very transportable...
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 01:14 PM

Thanks for the report. Especially about the runways

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 03:52 PM

Wonderful to hear, C205. Not at all what I saw last January when it was really in sad shape, if you recall the photos I took there.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 04:10 PM

One person's 'sad shape' is another person's 'rustic'. Cada loco con su tema. Gringo mantra: "If only they'd....... ";)

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 05:48 PM

I stayed there once. It was the last year that Chelly, or whatever her name was, was in charge. Rundown was probably the best description, but there was no denying the atmospherics of the whole area; from the cala to the beach in front of the "resort."

My other two trips were by boat from BOLA. We slept on the beach in the cala. Great area!

But are you saying that there is actually a wifi signal out at the resort?
aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 06:21 PM

Nice. I wish I was there. Hope you have a safe and great trip. Go get sum garopa
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 07:01 PM

.... Almost dinner time as we watched the full moon rise here at PSFO .... Generator is running, took a swim & shower, took some medicinal spirits & enjoying the breeze& then all of a sudden Rosa just called out “listo” ( dinner is served ) ..... To be continued in a short while.....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 07:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by C205Driver  
.... Almost dinner time as we watched the full moon rise here at PSFO .... Generator is running, took a swim & shower, took some medicinal spirits & enjoying the breeze& then all of a sudden Rosa just called out “listo” ( dinner is served ) ..... To be continued in a short while.....

Paradise!:light::bounce:

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-5-2017 at 09:38 PM

That's what I was thinking. It makes me happy that someone is there to enjoy it. I'm with you in spirit.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-6-2017 at 12:30 PM

San Francisquito is perhaps one of the sweetest spots in Baja....away from it all, simple, and certainly adequate for those who are well-prepared for the experience.

"Tourists" need not apply....:biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2017 at 08:01 PM

Hey CO5Driver, I was there with a buddy on motorcycles from bola. He banged up his ankle a bit and after spending the night on that beautiful beach we attempted the road through Los Arcos and our overloaded bikes were no match for the soft sand. I was disturbed by what I saw on the beach. Around sunset I took the long walk east to the rocky point. I witnessed at least 9 failed sea turtle nesting sites. They were very fresh and all the eggs had been destroyed by coyotes. None had a chance. I stayed up late hoping to see at least one but never did.
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2017 at 07:20 AM

...fishbuck, was a plane in here a week ago & used dirt runway; no windsock if anyone has a spare & winds have been favoring a landing to the north .... If you come during the cooler months a solar shower might be added to your list ( no hot water ) along with a shovel ( just in case )( yes, long stretches of soft sand after the storms; 4 WD a good idea ) ... Chile rellano & really cold beer last night...Yes, the coyotes have eaten the turtle eggs & very sad! A few years ago wife & I walked the whole beach; SEVERAL score of turtle nesting were TOTALLY destroyed by the coyotes... The ESTRELLAPESO just made coffee - so enjoying that right now after watching the sunrise & doing some online banking...By the way we have nice clean sheets on the beds & were also given blankets ( not needed here)..Again as some of you know this is anything but a resort & not for everyone; for us it holds incredible charm in a spectacular setting...YMMV...
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2017 at 07:32 AM

PACIFICO, yes October is a sure thing for diving with the whale sharks in BOLA ( did it couple times ) HOOK, think you mean Chari & Javier; had her dogs & pet burro in the kitchen when prepping meals....
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2017 at 02:12 PM

San Francisquito, is a very magic place, Nope also on the resort
but I like it that way

[Edited on 10-7-2017 by desertcpl]
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 09:36 AM

Drove out & back to Yuma yesterday, got A flat JUST before reaching the highway! Helicopter landed there Saturday... Guy said he drove his pop-up truck camper from BOLA!!!! Did not think it was doable!,,...Spectacular place PSFO is....
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.