Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Live from Punta Sanfrancisquito
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 10:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by C205Driver  
Drove out & back to Yuma yesterday, got A flat JUST before reaching the highway! Helicopter landed there Saturday... Guy said he drove his pop-up truck camper from BOLA!!!! Did not think it was doable!,,...Spectacular place PSFO is....

Check your u2u... regarding photos. :light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 04:55 PM

Drove out & back to Yuma yesterday, got A flat JUST before reaching the highway! Helicopter landed there Saturday... Guy said he drove his pop-up truck camper from BOLA!!!! Did not think it was doable!,,...Spectacular place PSFO is....

Hi Driver,

Thanks for your daily reports of your stay in San Francisquito, seems like it was a wonderful one... Please, if possible tell us a bit more about road conditions,

.... Wife & I drove the short 3 hours ( by way of El Arco ) “Road” to PSFO yesterday & were warmly welcomed by Juan & Rosa... FYI the road in has many sandy areas & would best be traversed by 4WD with a full tank of fuel.... Currently there is one other person here in a pop-up truck camper with a quad & SUP......Perfect temps & breezes...

you mention a 4wd, do you think a 2wd could make it either from El Arco or from BoLA?

What do other fellow Nomads think about what the road might be after the Baja 1000 (Nov 18-20): will it be driveable or mostly impassable...

[Edited on 10-9-2017 by carlosg]

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 05:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by carlosg  

Hi Driver,

Thanks for your daily reports of your stay in San Francisquito, seems like it was a wonderful one... Please, if possible tell us a bit more about road conditions,

.... Wife & I drove the short 3 hours ( by way of El Arco ) “Road” to PSFO yesterday & were warmly welcomed by Juan & Rosa... FYI the road in has many sandy areas & would best be traversed by 4WD with a full tank of fuel.... Currently there is one other person here in a pop-up truck camper with a quad & SUP......Perfect temps & breezes...

you mention a 4wd, do you think a 2wd could make it either from El Arco or from BoLA?

What do other fellow Nomads think about what the road might be after the Baja 1000 (Nov 18-20): will it be driveable or mostly impassable...

[Edited on 10-9-2017 by carlosg]

Carlosg, I've done both roads dozens of times with only 2wd. I have had to use 4wd on both routes, but 99% of the time you would be fine with 2wd. The El Arco route is generally nicer and more sandy. The Bola route has more rocks and a couple nasty sections; but I just did it in my F-250 in 2wd and never had to put it in 4wd. The road after the 1000 might have more wash board but is usually driveable and shouldn't be a problem.

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
C205Driver
Nomad

Mood: Life is Good

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 06:19 PM

...carlosg... I know nothing about road from BOLA other than I have small huevos & did not attempt even to think about it.... Many locals only have 2WD & do it but I would want aggresive tires, good clearance & a shovel also... Sent pix to David K , so hopefully he has them...
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 06:35 PM

Yes, 3 pics so far... send more if you want. Not sure how the panorama will show here.
Will get on my computer later and post them.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 06:59 PM

...Hats off to David K; always helpful & friendly! It’s in the mail David K!!
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 07:32 PM

I forgot to mention that with the recent rains an insect repellent might be a good idea! And they have a LIMITED amount of gas for the dirtbaggers that show up looking for cold beer & hot women....
carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 07:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  
Carlosg, I've done both roads dozens of times with only 2wd. I have had to use 4wd on both routes, but 99% of the time you would be fine with 2wd. The El Arco route is generally nicer and more sandy. The Bola route has more rocks and a couple nasty sections; but I just did it in my F-250 in 2wd and never had to put it in 4wd. The road after the 1000 might have more wash board but is usually driveable and shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks Pacifico, your info is very encouraging... I'm starting to prepare for next month...

...AND as Rider also mentions:

...carlosg... I know nothing about road from BOLA other than I have small huevos & did not attempt even to think about it.... Many locals only have 2WD & do it but I would want aggresive tires, good clearance & a shovel also...

...so it may just be Thanksgiving in Punta San Francisquito via El Arco this year... who knows... probably even a turkey in a pit

Quote: Originally posted by canoe4me  
I'm headed to the San Francisquito area over Thanksgiving to find a deserted beach to cook a turkey in a pit. We would welcome family friendly company. We are a family of 5 (3 kids 11, 9, 7.)... We hope to cook a full scale thanksgiving meal on the beach...
[Edited on 10-9-2017 by canoe4me]

... con mucha cerveza y vino.... :bounce:

As for David:
...Hats off ... always helpful & friendly...

[Edited on 10-10-2017 by carlosg]

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 07:49 PM

OK... there are a few photos... so give me some time... Here is the first panorama...

C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 08:24 PM

I hope canoe4me can make it to PSFO; LOTS of PRIME beach & Rosa & Juan there to help with the meal...Lucky folks them are.....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 08:34 PM

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 08:36 PM

All the other photos were taken with the camera sideways and it will take me more time to rotate them to normal...

honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 08:52 PM

the road from BOLA is easily doable in a 2wd. simple answer.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 09:38 PM

That cat looks way too smart. He's up to something...

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 06:30 AM

C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 07:16 AM

...Honda Tom...don’t know what kind of 2WD vehicle you have , but, wasn’t exactly easily driven in with our AWD Honda Element with long sandy stretches since last storm...YMMV & FWIW.... Fishbuck....Good observation regarding the kitten! Loving, playful & intelligent!!!
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 08:44 AM

I was responding about the road from BOLA to SF.... it is a hard packed surface.

after the Baja 1000...... the road will have rough areas leaving many corners from high horsepower vehicles spinning 39 inch tires. the hard pack straightaways wont change much. I would not let this be of much concern regarding a trip to San Fran.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 09:24 AM

the SCORE map im looking at doesn't have the course going out there :?:
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 09:38 AM

Last time I was there, those meals cost 11.00 US. Probably 15-20 years ago. What are they charging now?
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 10:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
the SCORE map im looking at doesn't have the course going out there :?:

The Baja 1000 race will go from LA Bay to the jct for El Arco, probably the old road jct about a mile or 2 before the newer better road, 67 miles from LA Bay. They join back in 4+ miles. San Francisquito is 20+ miles past the jct.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.