Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Live from Punta Sanfrancisquito
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 11:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by honda tom  
I was responding about the road from BOLA to SF.... it is a hard packed surface.

after the Baja 1000...... the road will have rough areas leaving many corners from high horsepower vehicles spinning 39 inch tires. the hard pack straightaways wont change much. I would not let this be of much concern regarding a trip to San Fran.

There are a couple spots that clearance is required...at least that was last week. Clearance is more important than 4wd on this road.

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
C205Driver
Nomad

Mood: Life is Good

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 02:20 PM

Hook..... I’m sorry I can’t answer your question about cost on anything ; never asked... 4 nights with daily brunch & daily dinners & drinking beer from about 8AM until about 6 PM FOR 2 of us was $460 and gave a $100 tip... Have totally enjoyed all my stays (20?) there ; again, a special place....
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 07:35 PM

Those photos are cool. The fiod looks very good.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 08:41 PM

.... fishbuck...my wife truly enjoyed REAL FRESH fish!...Rosa does a good job in the warm kitchen!
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 10-11-2017 at 08:34 AM

Will be there Nov 3 or 4.
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 10-11-2017 at 12:47 PM

Are these new people taking care of the place or the same ones who have been there for 4 years or more? Doesn't sound like the same people I encountered when I was there a couple of times.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2017 at 02:11 PM

...Juan, his son Leonel & Rosa were there and have treated us very well every time we have been there... They are very simple people and don’t wish to invade your own space, but, when something is needed and requested they have always been helpful in serving you... I did notice that Juan’s English is getting better also on this trip... You can contact them at Sanfrancisquito@hotmail.com
bobrehfuss
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2017 at 08:50 AM

WOW, what great info. I'm leaving next week to go from
BoLA-SF-El Arco and then back to HWY 1 and south. I just created a Baja Nomads account today at the recommendation of a friend because I've never been from SF to El Arco and wondered about road conditions. Well, no need to ask the question as it's already answered here.

Great trip, report and pics!

Bob
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-21-2017 at 08:58 AM

Welcome to Baja Nomad.
There are additional road details and photos in one of my recent trip reports. See the Nomad Trip Reports forum. TRIPs #1-#7 cover most of Baja this year. I think #5 covers the El Arco road and #1 covers the L.A. Bay to Pta. S. Francisquito road.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2017 at 10:19 AM

.... Thank You David for posting the pictures; Juan & Rosa are in some of the pictures... Also a sunrise & moonrise... Kitten is adorable & loving!,, I had the taco plate & normally Rosa puts on 3 tacos; too much for me so I asked for only 2 tacos ( still a big meal! )...
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-21-2017 at 02:50 PM

That was a fantasy trip. Great report and thanks for sharing.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

bobrehfuss
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2017 at 02:55 PM

Thanks for the response David, I read them. Great info and very nice pics.

I'm planning on heading to San Ignacio and La Purisma after that. I was wondering if the road to La Purisma west from Hwy 1 just below Conception is passable or if it's necessary to go through Insurgemtes?

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2017 at 03:20 PM

Yes it is passable. David did an excellent write up on it in one of his trip reports. Also it is open to pre-running for the Baja 1000 race. The race course jumps off the paved road from San Ignacio about 22 miles out of town. It rejoins the graded road from the Laguna to El Datil and stays on the graded road thru the salt flats and on to San Juanico. About 10 miles south of San Juanico it follows the old road to La Purisima.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-21-2017 at 04:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bobrehfuss  
Thanks for the response David, I read them. Great info and very nice pics.

I'm planning on heading to San Ignacio and La Purisma after that. I was wondering if the road to La Purisma west from Hwy 1 just below Conception is passable or if it's necessary to go through Insurgemtes?

Bob, it is or was earlier this year, very rough an slow for most of it. See my Trip #2 report. http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=85756

Some great views...

To go with the rocky surface.

[Edited on 10-22-2017 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2017 at 01:45 PM

Hey C205 Driver, did you ever fly your 205 into San Francisquito?

I flew in a number of times starting in 1990 and never saw many other aircraft other than a couple of tail draggers. The paved strip was already toast so we always landed on the dirt strip.

Groups of bikes were always coming through getting fuel and beer.

Video of PSF landing in 2006

https://youtu.be/0wwgFQWQ-ZY
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2017 at 03:20 PM

Stickers.... No longer flying, but, have flown into PSFO 15 times or so; walked both runways & “the used to be paved runway” looked good for those with wheelpants.... Was there once for a full week with my friends & no one else spent night there...Another time we had 7 planes down from O22 for my birthday trip...Not a Resort,but, sure is a spectacular place...
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.