Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: COSTCO IN TIJUANA
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2017 at 05:57 PM
COSTCO IN TIJUANA

Hola,

i understand there are two costcos in tj. i need information regarding the closest one to the old tj crossing. address & phone number.

i need to order prescriptions and will take a taxi from the crossing. i did this before about ten or so years ago but at the time, there was only one costco, the one i went to before.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

i thank you in advance,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 03:39 PM

I used this revolutionary, breaking-edge way to find stuff: Google

Costco
Blvrd Gral Rodolfo Sánchez Taboada 8943, Zona Urbana Rio Tijuana, 22010 Tijuana, B.C., Mexico
map

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 03:39 PM

There are indeed two and when I googled COSTCO TIJUANA - this is what popped up:

Costco
Blvrd Gral Rodolfo Sánchez Taboada 8943 · 01 664 633 3555
Open until 9:00 PM

Costco Wholesale
Las Rocas 8351 · 01 664 622 6500

Perhaps you can look on a map? Perhaps DavidK can put up a map photo (I know he is in Bahia Asuncion and internet is not the best)?
Perhaps someone knows TJ well enough to say which is the one you are looking for.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 04:07 PM

Well if you are interning Mexico from San Ysidro the Coscto at

Blvrd Gral Rodolfo Sánchez Taboada 8943, Zona Urbana Rio Tijuana, 22010 Tijuana, B.C., Mexico

would be a good one.

I go to every time i'm in TJ

Should be no more than 60 pesos or $5 taxi.... from the border
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 04:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
There are indeed two and when I googled COSTCO TIJUANA - this is what popped up:

Costco
Blvrd Gral Rodolfo Sánchez Taboada 8943 · 01 664 633 3555

Costco Wholesale
Las Rocas 8351 · 01 664 622 6500

Perhaps you can look on a map? Perhaps DavidK can put up a map photo (I know he is in Bahia Asuncion and internet is not the best)?
Perhaps someone knows TJ well enough to say which is the one you are looking for.

I am not in Bahia Asuncion! I am at home.

When I am in Baja, you guys are spared from seeing a bunch of daily posts from me... DK haters unite and send funds to keep me in Baja (and off Nomad)! :lol::lol::lol:

Shari just posted a photo she took of me (on Facebook) when I was there a few months ago, however. :light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 04:29 PM

Hola and thank you,

i did google costco and by the map, the one at av.calle de la roca 8351 looks like it's closer to the crossing.

PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong. i relly need to make sure as i'm ordering a prescription from los angeles to be picked up.

also, " dummy me "...i can just ask the pharmacist for their address.

thank you all,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 04:45 PM

Mr. Rat,

The Costco at

is MUCH closer than the one at av.calle de la roca 8351

I went to the Goggle maps to confirm.

Also been the the one I mentioned many many times and it's not far from the border...
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2017 at 04:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Mr. Rat,

The Costco at

is MUCH closer than the one at av.calle de la roca 8351

I went to the Goggle maps to confirm.

Also been the the one I mentioned many many times and it's not far from the border...

Rat,

Paco is correct.

The Costco at

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
10-9-2017 at 11:54 PM
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 12:29 PM

hola,

i thank you for your input.

Blvrd Gral Rodolfo Sánchez Taboada 8943, Zona Urbana Rio Tijuana, 22010 Tijuana, B.C., Mexico..IT WILL BE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

i will call them and order my meds and will be taking the surfrider train from los angeles to san diego and then the trolley to the border.

i still need to know if i can step to the front of the line with my handicap. i really don't want to get beat up by my fellow crossers.

mil gracias,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 12:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT  
hola,

i thank you for your input.

Blvrd Gral Rodolfo Sánchez Taboada 8943, Zona Urbana Rio Tijuana, 22010 Tijuana, B.C., Mexico..IT WILL BE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

i will call them and order my meds and will be taking the surfrider train from los angeles to san diego and then the trolley to the border.

i still need to know if i can step to the front of the line with my handicap. i really don't want to get beat up by my fellow crossers.

mil gracias,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

there's some meds that you can get in tijuana that you can't get in L.A.? anything good?
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 01:12 PM

hola willardguy,

i don't know about others but i buy cortisone injectible and syringes in mexico for skin problems, atopic dermatitis.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 01:31 PM

Rat,

Mid week (tues, wed , thurs) around 4 to 6 PM are probably the best days and time to walk across northbound. The northbound trolley to the Santa Fe train station in San Diego will be less crowded too.

I don't know about special lines for handicapped folks. Regardless of what you may learn here, I would ask a Mexican official when you cross into Mexico. He/she will know about special handicapped northbound lines to get back into the US.

[Edited on 10-10-2017 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 02:21 PM

Ratski,

I've been using the handicapped lane for years. Going into Mexico isn't the hard part.
When leaving just keep walking past everyone all the way to the front. The handicap lane used to be on the left but I've haven't used it in years as I drive in now.
So it won't matter what time you return.
Also I always brought an expired handicap placard and and had it showing as I walked.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 03:20 PM

Paco is 100% correct. Walk to the front of the line and tell the guards you are handicapped if it isn't obvious (cane?). That is what I did with my white haired momma, she isn't handicapped but at 83, standing in line for hours is hard on her. We both jumped a huge line.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 03:22 PM

When did this happen? Recently?

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2017 at 03:27 PM

hola SFandH & Paco Facullo,

i thank you for your responses.

i will take an expired handicap placard with me as you suggest.

i do hope the Blvrd Gral Rodolfo Sánchez Taboada 8943, Zona Urbana Rio Tijuana, 22010 Tijuana, B.C., Mexico is the closest costco to the EAST PEDESTRIAN CROSSING, NOT THE NEW ONE.

just for clarification:
leaving l.a. at 9:16 a.m. and arriving san diego via train around 12:00 p.m., i need to be back at the san diego rail station via the trolley before 3:48 p.m. to catch the last train back to los angeles OR...i will have to wait until 9:45 p.m. to take a bus home. the bus arrives in l.a. at 1:30 a.m. so i need to hurry.

thank you all again.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2017 at 06:14 AM

Senor Rat,,,,,,Check your U2U.........
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2017 at 01:15 PM

I would leave earlier, if you can.
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2017 at 03:18 PM

hola tjsue,

i thank you for your advice. the 9:16 amtrak departure was the one they gave me that works for me, i didn't ask if they had an earlier one which probably would have been better but, i already bought tickets.

i do thank you for your input.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2017 at 12:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
When did this happen? Recently?

... and WHERE? :) North, South?

He could indeed walk past the line to the front when crossing South.

He "might" try this when crossing North at SY (old crossing). It "might" not be possible to walk all the way to the booth right now due to construction, but he could still walk about 80% of the line length. If his handicap thing is obvious, this won't be a problem. If it's not, then the question is - how old and whether it shows. Most people in line are Mexicans, they usually have more respect to old people than Americans, but after this pharmacy shopping he'll be coming back well into busy period, when the line grows longer and homies are getting restless.

Can't say how they treat handicap and seniors at the El Chap Northbound, but it seems he will be going SY because of the trolley.

Yes, there are trains earlier than 9.16. https://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak

No, 3.48 pm is not the last train to LA. There are trains at 6.40 pm and 8.50 pm. See schedule in the link. Type Los Angeles -> San Diego, or in reverse order.

And again, with serious mobility issues there is such thing as cross-border bus from LA to TJ. No standing in line, no walking half a mile. Costs less than the train. Takes same time to TJ as the train+trolley, - though LA traffic might affect the time. Arrives to Central Camionera in the East part of Tijuana, cabbies will be more than happy to take you to the closest Costco (probably the other one will be closer in this case).

[Edited on 10-12-2017 by Alm]
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.