BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Christmas 2017 is around the corner !
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 10-27-2017 at 05:19 PM
Christmas 2017 is around the corner !

Many of us have been very busy for months now gearing up for the scholarship students' Christmas party.

So many donations this year - thanks to all of you who brought me pens and pencils and hotel soaps/shampoos, looseleaf paper and English/Spanish dictionaries (extras from last year are being gifted this year! Toothpaste left over from last year is being gifted this year. Ties from 2016 are being gifted this year.

Thanks to Mom who went to hundreds of garage sales and found near new shirts shorts and thanks to Kelly who has offered to buy shorts for the new kids on the block (this year's candidates) and will mail them to a friend who will then haul them down. And a HUGE shout out to Joseph Zaragoza of Salt Junkies who brought down 4 suitcases on two different trips down. Bless all of you for making the dream come true once again.

So, here is the process

1. Mom separates all clothing in August when she spends the month with me.

Mom 2.jpg - 91kB

2. In September I start separating the clothes and gifts for each student.

3. In October, I drop off the box at my various helpers houses. Moms Moms Moms and other friends help wrap each gift. I supply the xmas paper (which I buy at Walmart after xmas sale) and scotch tape. This year there are 24 kids - 17 currently studying in college and 7 candidates for 2018.

rsz_mix_060.jpg - 100kB

4. I get the boxes back and decorate them on the outside.

Ready for some pictures?

rsz_christmas_boxes_2_003.jpg - 97kB

rsz_img_5429.jpg - 140kB

rsz_christmas_boxes_2_005.jpg - 152kB

rsz_christmas_boxes_2_001.jpg - 123kB

And there you have it! More photos as the process continues!!

Thanks to all who help out.

Trying to come up with a menu for the xmas lunch for them.....

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 10-27-2017 at 07:01 PM

You do great things. Hi to you, Les, Bruce, Mark, Cindi.
MMc

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2017 at 07:21 PM

MMc you should be here! The town is popping since this is the weekend for traditional fiesta with horse racing and food and traditional dances. I even hear there will be Tahitian dances. We are full at the B&B, so I can't go....

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.