Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pedestrian return from Tijuana to US
K7BVT
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2017 at 11:31 AM
Pedestrian return from Tijuana to US

We need advice on dropping off a lady at the pedestrian crossing in Tijuana on Saturday Nov 11. We got several helpful tips last year but this year I will be towing a 2 wheel utility trailer with a couple of MCs so parking will be a little trickier. Wondering if parking on the outskirts of Tijuana and taking a cab to the crossing makes sense? I like just about everything Baja but always get a little sphincter pucker when driving in Tijuana.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 10-30-2017 at 11:39 AM

Ya, the streets around the boarder are tricky and a mess. Heavy traffic also.
I like the idea of getting as close as you are comfortable with and using a taxi or better yet Uber.
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2017 at 12:05 PM

hola,

about three weeks ago, i had the taxi drop me off at the end of the line at the northbound exit and fortunately, the line wasn't long but...it was slow !

i was told there was no sentri or handicap BUT...quite a few people with sentri did walk past me and were alloed to the front of the line.

NO handicap as i asked the border patrol when i got to him and he said no handicap due to lots of the handicap were bogus as they were selling fake ones in tj. BUMMER !

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
soylent_green
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2017 at 04:07 PM

you can probably go to the shopping center in Playas, and have her taxi to the border from there. Probably 20-30 minutes +/- to border.

If you wanted to get a little closer, then go to the Costco near the border or Plaza Rio Shopping Center. Plenty of room to maneuver your trailer.

I'd guess you can get a taxi pretty easy at any of the 3.
==

If Otay is an option, McDonalds, Carls Jr. or the shopping area where Chewins is would be decent options. Also the Plaza Americana where the cineopolis and the Gusher Pharmacy is would be good too. You can also run parallel road to the SENTRI lane (shows on map Josephina Rendon Parra ST), drop her off at the churro guy - she heads left then north couple hundred yards, and you turn right and then back down and out of town. She can get a taxi, Uber or have her ride pick her up just as easy or easier than the San Ysidro cluster- SY on a Saturday is a big mess.
-- If you are coming from or continuing on to Tecate, then Otay is your obvious choice.

[Edited on 10-30-2017 by soylent_green]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2017 at 05:00 PM

No handicap getting into US? Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous for older folks to spend that much time in line.

No bueno at all.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 10-30-2017 at 05:38 PM

Heck I would still just limp on up to the front of the line.
Although I do carry with me a handicap placard.....

Thank goodness I now drive in and use the Sentri...

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.