Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: How bout them Dodgers
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 11-1-2017 at 09:10 PM

In spite of former statements, and for once a thankful divergence of recent headlines, CONGRADULATIONS HOUSTON! Not being a bezbol fan muchly, this has been one helluva series. Shows to not take the World Serious... this has been glorious entertainment without distractions. Finally. All well-earned, all well-played, other than one faux pas from one faux-hero... until next year.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2017 at 09:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
NOT!!

The Stros played a great game. Your hate is funny, like a true story I can tell. My family went up to SF in the early summer to meet my son who's in college up there (BTW, I have family all over the state, including in the City). We got tickets to a Dodgers/Giants game. My wife and one of my sons wore their Dodger caps. We were hoping to have fun, and we loved the park, which is beautiful, and the food is amazing. But it sucked because we were heckled and abused the entire game. Which the Dodgers won. Stay classy, burrohat.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 06:11 AM

LAme!

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 07:09 AM

Altogether an entertaining Series.

I am more of a baseball fan, than a fan of any organization. This was great baseball.

Dodgers hit in some tough luck last night. They had their chances to come back. Just didnt happen.

Baseball now has a few organizations that have developed several good young players from within their organizations (as opposed to signing expensive free agents); augmented by a good trade or two. This means they will be good for the next few years. I would count the Dodgers, the Astros, the Yankees, the Red Sox, the Cubs and Cleveland in this camp.

Atlanta is probably poised to enter this group, with a trade or two. They have drafted well and have traded for a lot of good, young players.

More baseball than anyone on Nomads wants to know, I suppose........
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 08:31 AM

Dodgers just didn't bring their "A" game last night. Oh well, good for Huston. Very entertaining series, good to be a baseball fan as opposed to the other spoiled brat professional sports teams.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 09:56 AM

105 days till report for spring training.

Es Todo Bueno
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 10:09 AM

Yea, How bout them Dodgers.......LOL, jajajajajajajajajaj

I hear the whales song
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 10:12 AM
Congrats to Houston

Two teams that were the cream of the crop and very even in talent and heart.

To me the HUGE difference was in the managing and coaching, with the big advantage to Houston.

Am I one of the few who thinks Roberts almost single handedly could of lost the series? Very poor management of his players. IMO.

"Wait till next year!"

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 10:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DanO  
NOT!!

The Stros played a great game. Your hate is funny, like a true story I can tell. My family went up to SF in the early summer to meet my son who's in college up there (BTW, I have family all over the state, including in the City). We got tickets to a Dodgers/Giants game. My wife and one of my sons wore their Dodger caps. We were hoping to have fun, and we loved the park, which is beautiful, and the food is amazing. But it sucked because we were heckled and abused the entire game. Which the Dodgers won. Stay classy, burrohat.

I've had the same experience and not only Giants fans but Raider fans as well.

Great series, congratulations Houston, you earned it.

Making America Great Again
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 10:25 AM
talent

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  
Two teams that were the cream of the crop and very even in talent and heart.

To me the HUGE difference was in the managing and coaching, with the big advantage to Houston.

Am I one of the few who thinks Roberts almost single handedly could of lost the series? Very poor management of his players. IMO.

"Wait till next year!"

Kate looked great!:spingrin:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 11:40 AM

Now the beardos can go on vacation and shave those nasty beards!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 01:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bubba  
NOT!!

I remember when a Giants fan a few years ago was nearly beaten to death in the Dodgers parking lot after a game, the word fan is derived from the word fanatics ........

I hear the whales song
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 02:58 PM

Willard, Kate was looking delicious, wish there was an 8th game for my viewing pleasure. :biggrin:

Now back to baseball......

George Bernard Shaw

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 03:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajagrouper  
Quote: Originally posted by Bubba  
NOT!!

I remember when a Giants fan a few years ago was nearly beaten to death in the Dodgers parking lot after a game, the word fan is derived from the word fanatics ........

I remember that... Fanatics, makes sense.

Making America Great Again
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 04:19 PM
Difficult to Watch TV

Having broken my usual abstinence from watching baseball (or ANY sport) LIVE due to the over-abundance of irritating commercials, I found that despite paying DISH $168.35 per month there wasn't a decent movie to set the remote recall to for the commercial breaks.

SO ................. I stuck a DVD in the player (first The Cruel Sea - later L.A. Confidential) and switched back and forth from TV to DVD.

Still, frustrated that I would consistently underestimate the LONG commercial interval.

Even more frustrating was that the hapless Dodgers were not blown out MORE so that time wouldn't be wasted hanging around through the 7th waiting for a possible comeback.

It's hard to believe that viewers sit through ALL of those commercials. THAT takes a real fanatic.

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 04:47 PM

Fox introduced a new type of commercial that I have never seen, during a baseball game. They would squeeze the game into a small box on the screen, display the text and logo of a business and had a voice-over plug it. It was all of five seconds........but there were more than a few of them.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 04:56 PM

I did notice both Modelo and Pacifico had spots....DILLY DILLY!
Howard
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 05:02 PM
Sign of the times

I was at the Dodger-Cub game when Justin Turner hit the home run in the bottom of the ninth and noticed the following.

After every 1/2 of an inning, a countdown clock started in center field and behind home plate and the game could not start until the clock got to zero. The time varied but I think the average was 3-5 minutes. It wasn't a matter if the pitcher was ready, he had to wait until the clock got to zero.
Guess someone has to pay for those salaries.

George Bernard Shaw

John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 07:34 PM
For Howard

Hey Howard - my dad and I were in the coliseum Roy Campanella night as well - I have a program and some other doodad from that night here somewhere!

Before that it was the Los Angeles Angels at the ivy covered walls of Wrigley Field with Steve Bilko and Gene Mauch and, and....

John M
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 09:02 PM

The Giants fan that was assaulted after a game at Dodger Stadium was Brian Stowe. He was not killed, but close. They bring him to an occasional Giants game in his wheelchair.
I have not seen such bad behavior at Giants games as described but quit going to Niner games because it got so ugly.
And, my son is an Alameda County deputy sheriff and he sometimes drives "The Bus" that they park under the Coliseum to haul off the drunks from Raider games. 55 to the bus and sometimes there are half dozen buses.
Vegas, you are welcome to these hoodlums disguised as fans.
My 65 year old cousin with two knee replacements got knocked on his burro at California Speedway last year by a young dude after the dude had grabbed my cousin's daughter by the bottom and my cousin protested.
Makes going to any event an adventure, and not a fun one at that.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.