Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Best Halloween Ever!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2017 at 09:32 AM
Best Halloween Ever!

2017 is going down as the best Halloween ever in La Bocana! The kids are finally understanding that it is all about the costume!

I decorated our house:

rsz_1img_5516.jpg - 131kB

I decorated the B&B since Canadian Bruce agreed to hand out goodies:

rsz_img_5524.jpg - 105kB

rsz_img_5527.jpg - 113kB

And here are the stars! The best turnout ever!

rsz_img_5545.jpg - 110kB

rsz_img_5552.jpg - 104kB

rsz_img_5565.jpg - 130kB

I decided to include school supplies this year and the kids' faces showed so much glee that I will do this every year from now on!

Chalk, pencils, pens, erasers, sharpeners, glue and candy candy candy! Thanks to all that donated. These kids were VERY HAPPY. I think I should have included toothbrushes but I didn't think of it ..... next year since I have many that Baja Steve donated!

rsz_1img_5514.jpg - 118kB

This is by far one of my favorite holidays....I remember being so happy to get free candy as a kid. I also remember that my kids went trick or treating until they were 17 for Christ's sake. I looked at them like they were nuts but they really love it as much as I do, obviously. When my son Marc was young, we would go out, he'd fill up a huge bag and proceed to give it all away to friends the next day. He didn't eat sugar until he was almost 4 (unlike his mom) and as a result, never had a sweet tooth until he turned 13ish. Let me assure you, he was one popular kid giving his candy away!

Hope you all had a happy Halloween. Booooooooooooo

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2017 at 09:46 AM

Excellent Blanca, Halloween is my favorite. Some of the costumes are great and some take real thought in making.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-1-2017 at 09:58 AM

Not one princess, or super hero? Those kids are all about 'Day of the Dead'!

I spent this Halloween back at the house in northern CA that I grew up in, and it used to be quite the hub of 'Trick or Treating'. We would come home mid circuit to lighten the load, then head back out.

There are nothing but old folks here anymore, not one trick or treater for the third year in a row!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2017 at 10:04 AM

Wow that is too bad. I think it was down a little this year but from about 6:30 to 8:30 we had a lot of kids big and small. From about 8:30 to 9 it tails off to just a couple here and there. I went outside about 8:45 and I only saw two people in all directions. I turned the lights off and took the ghosts down at 9.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2017 at 10:50 AM

We had kids coming down until 10 pm - Bruce tells me that he ran out of candy...I did too but Les had a hidden stash that he pulled out when I began to fret LOL

Here are some more photos - truly a cool night!

Making a scary face for me!

rsz_img_5548.jpg - 111kB

rsz_img_5536.jpg - 149kB

rsz_img_5517.jpg - 88kB

rsz_img_5521.jpg - 103kB

rsz_img_5562.jpg - 94kB

Do you recognize the little ones from English class??? Adorable!!

rsz_img_5568.jpg - 113kB

And yes, the influence of Day of the Dead is definitely present.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-1-2017 at 11:46 AM

here in Asuncion the day of the dead costumes were abundant because the village had it's D of the D festival and altar competition too. We had fun seeing the kids at Loncheria Mari where we were watching the baseball game with our guests. Here are some photos of the evening...we have been telling Rossman he needs a kitty so he got some...jajajaja....BOOOOOOOO

and my personal favorite of these two tired kids

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-1-2017 at 12:31 PM
Fun times... Halloween 2017

Cool to see the American event go worldwide!

My granddaughter, age 7:

My grandson, age 3:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-1-2017 at 12:49 PM

Good times! We had about 40 ankle biters, booger eaters and teens show up this year. We never get a consistent amount every year so it was lights out at 8 watching the Dodgers in the dark.

[Edited on 11-2-2017 by woody with a view]

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2017 at 07:47 AM

Very cool photos Shari -those kitties are so adorable!! and your granddaughter is so pretty David! and the grandson with the 6 pack is great!

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.