BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Santa is coming to town!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2017 at 11:08 PM
Santa is coming to town!

Christmas is around the corner and yours truly has been really busy! I am also wanting to take the opportunity to thank those of you who have helped me so much!

But first things first:

Here is the college scholarship group at the 2016 xmas bash at our hotel - this year some are seniors, juniors, sophomores and freshmen

group shot 1.jpg - 97kB:

Here is the new group of candidates for August 2018:

rsz_scholarship_group_starting_college_in_2018.jpg - 134kB

Every student is going to get toothpaste donated by Vickie and toothbrushes donated by Baja Mike! Thanks you two!

rsz_img_5602.jpg - 120kB

Every student is going to get pencils and notebooks and loose leaf paper donated by Mark/Gary, John B. and Dave/Patty W. as well as loose leaf binders that my Mom bought. The pens donated last year are so incredible, they are smooth and fancy and were donated by Farm Fresh. Thanks all!

rsz_img_5603.jpg - 137kB

John B and I both bought make-up for the girls and I got as fancy as I could with the wrapping. I am not known for my wrapping skills, but I think they look quite good!

rsz_img_5604.jpg - 165kB

and at the beginning of the year I started collecting towels, sheets, tablecloths and dishes for the kids. They seemed to love this part last year so this year I asked Mom to get a bunch of pots and pans as well.

rsz_img_5606.jpg - 74kB

Here are the boxes - many, many folks helped wrap the individual presents but I put together the outside covering so as to utilize the least amount of paper yet have the boxes festive. In all 11 girls and 13 boys for a grand total of 24 boxes.

THE GIRLS' LOOT!!

rsz_img_5653.jpg - 105kB

THE BOYS' LOOT!

rsz_img_5654.jpg - 124kB

Thanks all of you who helped me by bringing stuff down! This is turning into the best year ever. I sure wish it were the 19th already (that is the xmas party date). God bless and I know that some of you are not even thinking about xmas since Thanksgiving hasn't even come yet but I am so happy and want to share!!

[Edited on 11-6-2017 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2017 at 11:56 PM
more more more

The whole kit and caboodle!

rsz_img_5655.jpg - 97kB

Dishes and kitchen stuff:

rsz_xmas__002.jpg - 108kB

Doug bringing it on with pens and pencils and notebooks! Here we are in front of my Mom's house in San Diego:

rsz_doug_1.jpg - 134kB

rsz_doug_2.jpg - 141kB

Joe Zaragoza from FISH JUNKIE who brought down 4 huge bags with clothes and school supplies that were donated. He lives around the block from my Mom and really REALLY saved the day hauling the loot down!

Here we are in front of Mom's house, we were flying back to Baja and he was driving to pick up a group of fishermen in Loreto :

rsz_joe_zaragoza_fish_junkie_2.jpg - 114kB

Tom and Roy who made a couple trips down this year...what angels .... I still have a blanket left over from last year that will go to a student this year TMW! Thanks a million!

IMGP3423.JPG - 188kB

There are so many who make this project all that it can be. You can't imagine the wonderful sponsors who pay for tuition and monthly expenses and trips to conferences and extra support classes....These kids are blessed. To me, this is what Life is all about.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-6-2017 at 07:45 AM

Kudos to all of you who support Blancas amazing efforts to help the kids on their way to a bright future. You all ROCK!!!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2017 at 10:50 AM

The first ones graduate next year - apparently that doesn't mean that they have finished school since they have to get their titles (?) after that and do service and one of them can only finish the group thesis she is doing at the end of 2018

but

Carissa will have her graduation ceremony in February in La Paz and I will be there! Alexis will have his graduation ceremony in March in Santa Rosalia and I will be there! Julian and Alfonso's graduation ceremony is in September and I will be there!

What a great journey and these kids will be out of poverty. Isn't it just amazing? Not only that, each of them will be responsible for two more students which will make even more of an impact.

Shari - thanks for letting folks leave donations with you and helping to find porters to La Bocana! You are an important part of this project too.

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.