BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What would be the chances of finding a place to stay in San Evaristo?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2017 at 10:46 AM
What would be the chances of finding a place to stay in San Evaristo?

For a night? Don't want to luge camping gear.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-8-2017 at 11:20 AM

See my trip report (#6). There are no motels... it is a small fishing settlement, very small.

The Canadian bicycle riding couple I met the day before camped at the little restaurant advertised along the road as you get close to the village. It sounded nice, I regret not checking it out closer.

San Evaristo to La Paz is 73 miles (45 are unpved).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2017 at 11:22 AM

JZ- I think only way is to ask a family if they will rent you a bed for the night. Could turn out great, who knows?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2017 at 11:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
JZ- I think only way is to ask a family if they will rent you a bed for the night. Could turn out great, who knows?

This is what I was thinking. Don't want to have to continue on to La Paz. Would like to find a panga to take us out to Isla San Fransisco the next day.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-8-2017 at 11:29 AM

Sleeping bags and air mattresses don't take up a lot of room unless you are in a Jeep Wrangler or CJ.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2017 at 03:26 PM

JZ-
Finding a willing fisherman with a panga shouldn't be a problem at all.
You are on track to have a great time from what I can tell. Wishing I was there.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-8-2017 at 07:28 PM

Three years ago, I found my way down to the beach there in the afternoon. There was a fisherman there stowing gear and icing fish.
My dog and his did a meet and greet, with lots of tail wagging and butt sniffing, and I wound up doing the human version of meet and greet with three fishermen (no butts were sniffed).

The short version of things is that I was invited to use his palapa on the beach, and I got to practice my Spanish, while they practiced some English for a couple of hours.

Very friendly people, and if they are not already out fishing, I'll bet you would have no problem hiring one of them to run you out to the Island!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-8-2017 at 08:30 PM
About that dog...

JZ, I remember that when you posted photos of your run from San Carlos over to La Paz, you had some shots taken at San Evaristo.

The one labeled "Baja dogs" shows the boxer mix that made introductions for me. It is a long shot, but if you happen to run into that critter again, his owner is the fisherman that offered be the palapa. That picture was probably taken right in front of it!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2017 at 08:40 PM

Damn you have a good memory.

sd
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2017 at 04:33 AM

A very nice isolated place. Take EVERYTHING you need for camping, food, drinks.
Take some fishing jigs to leave for the fishermen if you can.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.