Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Stolen boat in Bahia de Los Angeles Pics Added
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 04:09 PM

They are on the road home so not sure if they’ll see this for a bit.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 05:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by marv sherrill  
My friends and I were offroading up a canyon and found your boat! It was stripped - no engines or steering mechanisms, but hull seemed to be in good conditions - it is sitting just off of the dirt road covered in branches in a feeble attempt to hide the boat. The bait tank and a seat we found about a mile from that. Life preservers still in the boat! We have a few pictures, but as we were on quads we couldn't carry anything back . We reported it to the police- 24 Baja - anything else you want me to do?

[Edited on 12-5-2017 by marv sherrill]

Hi Marv, I sent a message to the boat owner (Bill Vessels) about your discovery and post here.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

marv sherrill
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 05:48 PM

thanks, david.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 06:26 PM

I am just happy it was you who found it. Bill got the message and he sent you a u2u just now.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 06:38 PM

Bad roads....bad boat stealers. Glad it was found.
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 06:56 PM

How far from BOLA was it found?

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 12-6-2017 at 09:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by basautter  
Nothing new, read the insurance policies. Not everything is covered.

This must have been posted by an insurance salesman. Read the policy??? I don't have little boy eyes anymore. Everything is covered - until you have a claim. Insurance? My brother had some once.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 08:16 AM

Bad news to report. Evidently the thieves went back out to where the boat was left in the desert and torched it. Maybe to destroy evidence? Too bad.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 08:21 AM

So sad and borders on evil to take something from someone and do that. I hope some of the good people of Bahía hear who is responsible so this may not happen again to someone else.

There sure is a dark side to "The Amigo Country"

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 09:29 AM

What a damn shame!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 10:42 AM

It was reported to the police...and then torched?...hmmmm
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 11:37 AM

SOSDD

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 11:48 AM

wasn't the owner on his way to get it? i read that 5 days ago. and why would the thieves go back to the scene to torch it? too much chance to be found out. i'm thinking this is different people but then again, only the scorpions and lizards really know what happened.

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 05:25 PM

Still trying to find out how far it traveled before being stripped

larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 07:40 PM

The boat was found about 14-15 kilometers out of town on the dirt road that goes up Manila canyon as I understand what Marv posted.

[Edited on 12-11-2017 by larryC]

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 09:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by larryC  
Bad news to report. Evidently the thieves went back out to where the boat was left in the desert and torched it. Maybe to destroy evidence? Too bad.

I wonder if they might have done it to diminish the potential for a reward to work. The owner is less likely to post a reward for the motors if the boat is destroyed.

Very odd that it was torched shortly after a report on Nomads that the hull had been found. Coincidence? Most everyone in BOLA has access to the internet now, dont they? Nomads is a pretty well-known website.
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 09:46 PM

Somebody in BOLA knows who!

tobias
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 09:50 PM

Thieves are generally pretty dim. I doubt that they put much thought into it.
Could have even been kids , I grew up in a very remote area long ago in a lawless place and sorry to say kids my age set more than a few things ablaze
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2017 at 07:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
Quote: Originally posted by larryC  

I wonder if they might have done it to diminish the potential for a reward to work. The owner is less likely to post a reward for the motors if the boat is destroyed.

Very odd that it was torched shortly after a report on Nomads that the hull had been found. Coincidence? Most everyone in BOLA has access to the internet now, dont they? Nomads is a pretty well-known website.

I would bet on the report to the police prompted the torching much more so than postings on the internet.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2017 at 09:19 AM

I doubt there is any conspiracy here, BUT I would bet the POLEECES know who dun it....Gringo or Mexican....Usual results are expected....Interesting activity over in GN...Locals are finding these thieves and beating the chit out of em.....Maybe that will help...

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.