BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What's the closest confirmed ULSD North of Loreto?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2017 at 11:45 PM
What's the closest confirmed ULSD North of Loreto?

?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-17-2017 at 12:10 AM

Unless they ran out:
Villa Jesús María, Bahía de los Angeles (and the junction), Cataviña (comes from El Rosario), Gonzaga, El Rosario, San Felipe...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 11-17-2017 at 09:26 AM

I seem to recall reading that in Baja (north) diesel comes from USA and that is why it is ULSD, but for Baja Sur it is freighted over from mainland Mexico, hence not ULSD. Anyone hear of that?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2017 at 12:14 PM

Thinking about sending someone up from Loreto to get a barrel.

Put enough LSD in it over a couple years to finally cause it to speed limited the truck to 60 (2500 rpm). Screwed up one of the sensors. Luckily the dealer replaced it for free when I played dumb.

Sr.vienes
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2017 at 03:22 PM

My old college roomate put enough LSD in his tank in the late 60’s that most of his sensors are still outta whack!!!
kevin_in_idaho
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2017 at 09:26 PM

You should google ULSD in baja. There's a guy who tracks failures, etc. and overall a few tanks (according to him; Mr. White) he's never heard of any long term issues. Your truck may throw a code, use more DEF, etc. but a few tanks of ULSD seems to clear things up. The biggest concern would be if you had a problem and tried to get warranty coverage at a dealer.
MICK
Nomad

Mood: livin the good life on the river

[*] posted on 11-18-2017 at 10:11 PM

I asked at the station just north of GN.. The guy there told me all stations above there have Ulsd.. the station in town does not because they get their fuel from baja sur. The station above the military base ges their fuel from the north.

Getting there is ALL the fun!
Ok being here is fun to
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2017 at 08:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sr.vienes  
My old college roomate put enough LSD in his tank in the late 60’s that most of his sensors are still outta whack!!!

:O:lol::O:lol::O:lol::O

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2017 at 10:36 AM

There is no Ulta Low Sulfur Diesel in Baja. Low Sulfur Diesel or LSD comes from up north and the supplier goes as far south as Jesus Y Maria. After that it is normal level sulfur.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2017 at 10:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pescador  
There is no Ulta Low Sulfur Diesel in Baja. Low Sulfur Diesel or LSD comes from up north and the supplier goes as far south as Jesus Y Maria. After that it is normal level sulfur.

Ultra Bajo Azufre (Ultra Low Sulfur) is sold all over the state of Baja California. Low Sulfur (Bajo Azufre) or the older style is sold in Baja California Sur.

NOTE the Diesel UBA label, Baja Cactus Pemex in El Rosario has it:

[Edited on 11-19-2017 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 11-19-2017 at 11:05 AM

I've traveled the road quite a few times and have NEVER seen a full tanker driving south of catavina
and NEVER an empty tanker going north

I buy gas at jesus villa maria all the time and never see a tanker fill the tanks either

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2017 at 11:06 AM
Ultra-Low Sulfur in Baja Norte since 2007:

From Antonio "Baja Cactus" of El Rosario on Aug. 4, 2007:

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

• posted on 8-4-2007 at 12:10 PM
    Pemex official e-mail

My friends,

I have begun the process of getting the Pemex Report for ULSD... the ping-pong game started, it just a matter of seeing through... jejeje.

In the meantime, let me mention you something, so you are not caught off guard... there has been an "Official Pemex" e-mail circulating online, where supposedly there is ULSD only in some cities of Mexico.

------------------ Here's the OFFICIAL answer ---------------------

Date: Aug 1, 2007 10:24 AM
    Subject: RE: ULS Diesel

We only have ULSD fuel in this areas: Rosarito, Mexicali, Nogales y Ensenada, this information was confirmed by our west sales representation.

Regards
    Guillermo Villa Monta�o
    Gerente de Ventas al Mayoreo
    Subdirecci�n Comercial
    Pemex Refinaci�n

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this e-mail refers not to the cities itself, but to the Pemex Distribution Depots on those cities (you can see he wrote "areas", not "cities")... the official is not mentioning this because if you understand how Pemex moves the fuel in Mexico, it is assumed you will immediately understand this.

The "West Sales Representation" mentioned in this e-mail, is our direct Pemex Supplier down here at BajaCactus.

For example, when he mentions Ensenada, he is referring to the Pemex Depot in El Sauzal (north of Ensenada)... this Distribution Center is responsible for all the Gas Stations from Ensenada all the way to Jesus Maria (north of Guerrero Negro).

Also, I believe that at this time, there are other cities besides the ones mentioned there.

Safe travels everyone...

BajaCactus
    "Where the Baja is so much more than a dream..."

bajaguy
    Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-19-2017 at 11:16 AM

Underground pipeline from the refinery in Long Beach

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
    I've traveled the road quite a few times and have NEVER seen a full tanker driving south of catavina
    and NEVER an empty tanker going north

I buy gas at jesus villa maria all the time and never see a tanker fill the tanks either

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.