Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Accident north of Catavina
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-19-2017 at 11:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  

There are definitely different levels of what we are getting into....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-vcdX5nV1P8

Isle of Mann racers are from a different planet... :o

Don't believe everything you think....
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 11-20-2017 at 04:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  

There are definitely different levels of what we are getting into....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-vcdX5nV1P8

Isle of Mann racers are from a different planet... :o

Absolutely nuts.

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2017 at 07:40 AM

i have been riding for 55 years. both dirt and street. 9 countries. after reading this thread i may quit in order to arrive to the day of my death in perfect health.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2017 at 01:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
i have been riding for 55 years. both dirt and street. 9 countries. after reading this thread i may quit in order to arrive to the day of my death in perfect health.

Bob,
55 years of successful riding is to be respected....why quit now? You must be doing something right :saint:

If you die in perfect health, the cause of death would be:
- an accident of some sort;
- apocalypse;
- homicide;
- Trumpitis (see apocalypse)

Might as well keep riding until then.....riding in perfect health makes for a good ride :biggrin:

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2017 at 04:50 PM

After years of riding in the dirt as a kid, I briefly rode an enduro on the street when I was in college in L.A., but I had a quick succession of very close calls with people in cars who just weren't paying attention (the last one was an absent minded lane changer in a Porsche who nearly put me into a tree trunk on Sunset Blvd. at about 50 mph). The final straw was seeing one of my neighbors who had just gotten a new Kawasaki 750 get hit by a speeding car, which launched him and the bike into the air and then into a telephone pole. One of his legs was badly mangled, among other serious injuries, and the driver of the car turned out to have no insurance and no money. I decided to quit riding on street, figuring that if I got hurt riding in the dirt, it wouldn't be because of someone else's mistake, just my own poor judgment or pilot error.

I also think that riding without a full helmet, protective gear and boots is just dumb, and climbing on a motorcycle while impaired is even dumber.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 11-20-2017 at 07:10 PM

What do you do if your kz 1000r throws a rod through the side of the head? Buy a gpz 1100. What do you do, if at 168mph the guy a quater mile ahead changes lanes into your lane? Dust the corner of his rear bumper with your blue jeans, without crashing. What happens if you put your chin on the speedometer, and speed up to 180 mph, then sit up straight? The wind pulls the front wheel off the ground, and you kneel on the gas tank as you slide down 435, until you get down to about 40, where something catches traction and flips you off the gas tank and onto the interstate. What were you saying about a helmet?.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-20-2017 at 07:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  
What do you do if your kz 1000r throws a rod through the side of the head? Buy a gpz 1100. What do you do, if at 168mph the guy a quater mile ahead changes lanes into your lane? Dust the corner of his rear bumper with your blue jeans, without crashing. What happens if you put your chin on the speedometer, and speed up to 180 mph, then sit up straight? The wind pulls the front wheel off the ground, and you kneel on the gas tank as you slide down 435, until you get down to about 40, where something catches traction and flips you off the gas tank and onto the interstate. What were you saying about a helmet?.

Mototorcyclists should follow the advice of healthier bicyclists: watch out for fat ladies in hondas!

The goat owned a motorcycle for half a year (honda cb500, some 1970s vintage). He realized life on motorcycles is dangerous, so sold it. It was fun, and even funner he didnt die. He now exclusively rides bicycles. His knuckles dont drag. :lol:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

MulegeAL
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2017 at 08:21 AM

He was a very cautious man who never romped and played
He never smoked, He never drank, Nor ever kissed a maid
And when he up and passed away his insurance was denied...

For since he hadn't ever lived, they claimed he never died.

Condolences to the guy who crashed.
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 11-21-2017 at 01:00 PM
Desert Hawks responded...

Desert Hawks responded to that emergency. We were advised of the accident around 1:00pm on Saturday, November 18th... we immediately dispatched one ambulance from El Rosario with 3 of our volunteer EMTs.

The accident was 100 kilometers south of El Rosario, it took our unit around 1 1/2 hours to arrive to the site. The motorcycle rider name is David, he suffered multiple contusions, abrasions and lacerations, a fractured ankle and a possible dislocation of the shoulder.

Overall his injuries were not life threatening, nevertheless he was in intense pain due to the multiple injuries sustained.

Our staff stabilized him and treated his injuries while on their way to Col. Vicente Guerrero, 230 kms to the North, were we have the nearest hospital in the area. The ride took a little less than 3 hours.

After a quick examination the Hospital staff said they did not have the resources to treat David, so we helped to transport him all the way to the US border. He was delivered to an AMR ambulance on the US side around midnight that same day.

We understand David was taken into surgery on Sunday and last we heard he was on his way to a complete and full recovery.

Desert Hawks... always down here to help whoever needs us... Thank to you all for your support!!!

Antonio Muñoz
Desert Hawks Fire and Rescue
Non-Profit Organization
E-mail: info@halconesdeldesierto.org

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-21-2017 at 01:03 PM

Antonio, thanks for always being there! What would you recommend for a rattlesnake bite along the 7 Sisters area? Straight to the border or is antivenom available locally?

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2017 at 02:31 PM

Woody,
Is that area where everybody goes for killer breaks?

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-21-2017 at 03:53 PM

Yep!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2017 at 04:58 PM

Thanks Antonio. You guys do good work. Hope everyone is continuing their donations to keep you guys operational.
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2017 at 08:50 PM

Thank you for the details Antonio. I hope I never meet your vollunteers.
Again,
Thank you!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-22-2017 at 08:10 AM

Desert Hawks (Halcones del Desierto) Facebook page (see Donate button)...
https://www.facebook.com/HalconesdelDesierto/

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Nimbry

[*] posted on 11-29-2017 at 04:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajachris  
I always tell everyone the worst part about Baja is the dangerous road. Today we were proved correct yet again. Motorcycle versus a very poorly maintained pot- hole filled road. People heading north from the Baja 1000 stopped to help and were very professional. Things I learned. If you are riding a motorcycle down here always wear a helmet with a chin guard. His chin and nose looked like raw hamburger. His foot was thrashed, arm, hand, and they were checking him for a broken back when I left. I am praying for this poor man, who, if he survived will need lots of plastic surgery and will be I pain for a long time. I would NEVER encourage anyone to ride a motorcycle!

BajaChris, my husband was operating that motorcycle that went down. He was hit from behind. The impact was not caused by the pot holes in Hwy 1. We are trying to collect any information, photos, or videos from the many people who stopped that afternoon, just before 1PM on Saturday, November 18th.

Desert Hawks did respond to that emergency, dispatched an ambulance from El Rosario with 3 volunteer EMTs. We are forever grateful to Desert Hawks, as well as the truckers and others who gave my husband aid.

The crash was 100 kilometers south of El Rosario. The motorcycle rider's name, my husband, is David. He suffered multiple injuries, including a broken ankle, broken thumb, and a broken shoulder. Desert Hawks' staff stabilized him, treated his injuries, and transported David all the way to the US border. He was delivered to an AMR ambulance on the US side, then to a hospital in San Diego. David is recovering at a rehab facility.

If anyone has any information about this motorcycle collision, PLEASE, PLEASE respond. BajaChris, you stopped. Do you have any additional information? Is there a way for me to contact you? PM me your phone number if you could. Thank you!

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 11-30-2017 at 07:33 AM

Wish your husband a speedy recovery thanks for telling us what happened.
Nimbry

[*] posted on 11-30-2017 at 11:08 AM

Thanks so much, Bajatrailrider. David is on the mend with an extremely positive attitude. We consider ourselves blessed in many ways.

Again, if anyone does have info or pictures from David's incident on 11/18/2017 to share with us, please PM me.

All the Best and Amazing Adventures to you All!
--Nimbry & David
Nimbry

[*] posted on 12-11-2017 at 06:09 PM

Again, if anyone does have info or pictures from David's motorcycle hit & run incident on 11/18/2017 to share with us, please PM me.

We have a few leads but a photo would be valuable.

David is on the mend and positive. Broken limbs but hopefully no permanent damage.

All the Best and Amazing Adventures to you All!
--Nimbry & David

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.