Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Trail Riding near Ensenada Dirt Bikes
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2017 at 09:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Only if you want to do missing link trail Expert only even then you may have to push bike JAAAAAA.

Ok, I just read your September thread on that. Did you do the November ride?

Where can you jump down to the coast above Cals that avoids the really difficult stuff?

The most direct and reliable route is the road that heads west out of Santo Tomas to Punta San Jose/Punta Cabras. There is a way to get there that branches south from the La Bocana/Punta China road west of Santo Tomas, but I can't vouch for recent conditions, gates, etc.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2017 at 02:51 PM

Thx.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 09:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DanO  
Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Only if you want to do missing link trail Expert only even then you may have to push bike JAAAAAA.

Ok, I just read your September thread on that. Did you do the November ride? We did not return to Missing link trail Nov. Made new Trail called Ridge trail and Wilderness Trail but not that area. From Coyote Cal you can take dirt road North all the way to Punta China then out to pavement to bypass Missing link trail .Then to Ensenada I'm told more easy to do Missing Link trail. South To North but after going down it to Punta China does not look easy. Maybe if I can get guys to do it again this Dec. :)

Where can you jump down to the coast above Cals that avoids the really difficult stuff?

The most direct and reliable route is the road that heads west out of Santo Tomas to Punta San Jose/Punta Cabras. There is a way to get there that branches south from the La Bocana/Punta China road west of Santo Tomas, but I can't vouch for recent conditions, gates, etc.
Proper

[*] posted on 12-31-2017 at 11:31 AM

Had a fantastic day of riding with Baja Trail Rider and Mike. Didn't have much time to take photos, was too busy riding!
Super big thanks to Baja Trail Rider for taking me out to the best riding I have ever done.

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 12-31-2017 at 11:44 AM

looks like fun:cool:

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2017 at 01:01 PM

Good pics.
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 12-31-2017 at 01:36 PM

Is that first pic the cattle tank at the start of Mary's trail? If so I bet that was fun to get around.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2017 at 01:38 PM

I recognize the dismount...:lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-31-2017 at 02:01 PM

Awesome!!
Thanks for sharing the photos here!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2017 at 06:14 PM

I have followed for a surprisingly long distance on my ATV the graded surface and service roads associated with the underground natural gas line from terminal port south of Bajamar to its border crossing point at Otay Mesa.

Es Todo Bueno
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 1-1-2018 at 07:29 AM

Glad you got hooked up with Larry. Couldn't ask for a nicer guy or a better guide. Haven't met Mike yet but am looking forward to riding with him too. Glad you had a great time.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2018 at 09:50 AM

This was Mr propers first ride in baja. We softened up his susp ,let his tires down to 5/6psi. Away he went 2012 250 Husky 4 stroke he give it hell wanted to try any hill climb on trail. As it turns out it has little low end its fast but needs to rev its brains out. A very hard bike to ride on hard trail. That did not stop him from having fun we did two loops east and west on beach side.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2018 at 10:05 AM

5 psi, wow.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2018 at 10:23 AM

5 psi, wow.
I think he had the desert It tire in rear they don't work well on trail. Those are almost Ok with 2psi and 4mil thick tubes. Still hard as a rock with 2 psi. Most of us use 6psi front rear 4/6 psi with MT47 dirt bike trails tire.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2018 at 11:25 AM

Hmm, we are running 10 to 12 psi.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.