BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Gunfire at Cerritos Beach. Two dead.
tmtuttle
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2017 at 03:19 PM
Gunfire at Cerritos Beach. Two dead.

Sitting on Cerritos beach yesterday at around 2:00 p.m. and heard what seemed to gunfire. There were about ten rapid succession shots. Everyone on the beach kind of stopped and looked in the direction of the gunfire but after a few seconds, everything returned to normal.

Finished my day and packed up and it was only when I got back to my room that I found out it was actual gunfire and that two people had died. The shooting occurred in the parking area on the north side of the beach where many of us exit and enter.

I don’t have any info on the nationalities or what precipitated the incident.

Sad and disconcerting.

[Edited on 11-30-2017 by tmtuttle]

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2017 at 05:37 PM

Just your normal cartel gun battle. Nothing to worry about....That is why everyone went to braindead in a few minutes. Next time run down to the parking lot to see what the excitement is about.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 11-30-2017 at 05:41 PM

Sad and disconcerting to say the least. Just a matter of time until collateral damage. The world of hate and discontent is spreading rapidly. Too bad they can't create a Tijuana theme park for these bozos... pay a fee to get in, one side of the compound for one faction, the otro lado for the other. A sizeable deposito to clean up the carnage, and high cement walls to keep in the ricochets. That way no innocents are hurt. Duke it out fair and square, winner take all. E-Z, P-Z, que no? Maybe do the same for Liddle Kim and Liddle Donnie.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

tmtuttle
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2017 at 07:01 PM

So, word on the calle is that it was drug related and they were locals. The person who gave me the update has lived here 20 years and it’s the first time anything like that has happened around here.

Hopefully it was an anomaly.
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2017 at 07:47 PM

Yikes! I was there last year and to be honest felt a little spooked walking outside at dark. The area had a different vibe for sure, in my opinion.

In that pre-Google Earth and social media epoch, The Code was adhered to. It was based on a simple verity: if a locale had been transformational for you, and you had put the hard yards in to get there and to learn it, to know it, why in god�s name would you broadcast the news, thus ruining the future experience not only for yourself, but for future adventurers?
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 11-30-2017 at 07:49 PM

to much meth not enough customers.
The meth dealers shoot each other for a larger share of the market.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2017 at 07:56 PM

Very sad that it had to happen this first time.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2017 at 09:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tmtuttle  
So, word on the calle is that it was drug related and they were locals. The person who gave me the update has lived here 20 years and it’s the first time anything like that has happened around here.

Hopefully it was an anomaly.
Not the first time by a long shot.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-30-2017 at 09:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Very sad that it had to happen this first time.

First time?

It is happening every other day in baja, in large towns, small towns, and rural areas.

It’s not just cabo, la paz and tj. It has happened in small towns and rural areas too: catavina, vizcaino, san quintin, el rosario, etc...

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 11-30-2017 at 10:10 PM

Sssssh! Don't talk about it....

BeemerDan
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2017 at 10:35 PM

Kansas on your mind lately?
Admit it you don't give a flying f... about anyone but yourself, and never have.
You think anyone older than you aren't worth the time of day.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2017 at 11:09 PM

Thank you for your input Beemer Dan! I havnt a clue what you are raving about, tho? Miss your meds or what? LOL: I don't think there IS anyone older than I on this forum...:lol:

[Edited on 12-1-2017 by chuckie]

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2017 at 07:24 AM

Sometimes when Bummer Dan posts at night the he gets off track. This is not the first time for this area. This time many residents in the area heard the shots, prompting many to immediately hunker down. No identification or additional information in the local news.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 12-1-2017 at 09:19 AM

The way you handle a post like this is call BS, unless the OP can come up with a local Mexican newspaper article, confirming the shooting, and two dead, which should be easy to do, because the OP said, according to a local, this is the first time there has been a shooting like that. If so the local paper should be all over this story.

Sorry, at this point, this alleged shooting, is second hand, chisme, although the OP did say he heard the shots.

This way while the OP goes searching for an article confirming the shooting, it will hopefully, stop the full panic from settling in with the masses, and it will help the Mexico haters from using a post like this to spread fear about Mexico.

I also will take the OP at his word when he wrote this in his first post on "Baja Nomad," I'm a total kook but I embrace my kookness."

I have no reason to doubt him here.

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2017 at 11:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Sssssh! Don't talk about it....

You don't go to Baja. Why are you on here talking about it?

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2017 at 11:47 AM

I am not , you idiot....Try getting someone to read it to you.....JIZZY

pacsur
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2017 at 12:19 PM

https://colectivopericu.net/2017/11/29/en-playa-de-el-pescad...

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
The way you handle a post like this is call BS, unless the OP can come up with a local Mexican newspaper article, confirming the shooting, and two dead, which should be easy to do, because the OP said, according to a local, this is the first time there has been a shooting like that. If so the local paper should be all over this story.

Sorry, at this point, this alleged shooting, is second hand, chisme, although the OP did say he heard the shots.

This way while the OP goes searching for an article confirming the shooting, it will hopefully, stop the full panic from settling in with the masses, and it will help the Mexico haters from using a post like this to spread fear about Mexico.

I also will take the OP at his word when he wrote this in his first post on "Baja Nomad," I'm a total kook but I embrace my kookness."

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2017 at 03:16 PM

There’s a grey area here. Sometimes joe is right. Entirely possible this stuff will only be known to locals. There is no local paper. Maybe mention in the Gazette.

20 years ago, drug deals were done at this beach. It was not a safe place. Just my take on it.

This is also the beach where poison is put out to kill dogs. Just to keep the population down. Not sure the word gets out but locals know.

Don’t personally feel unsafe but expect trouble from time to time. Just the way it is down here... or the way I see it. Whatever.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2017 at 08:05 PM

All you would have had to do is look at the news...but of course that would not fit your glazed over view of paradise.

http://www.bcsnoticias.mx/localizaron-2-personas-del-sexo-ma...

weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 12-2-2017 at 09:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BeemerDan  
Kansas on your mind lately?
Admit it you don't give a flying f... about anyone but yourself, and never have.
You think anyone older than you aren't worth the time of day.

Amen, Not to worry these old ham operators that sit by their computers, fingers trembling, will, like Trump be a bump on a gnat's arse in due time.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.