Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Can someone show me the route out of Agua Verde
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2017 at 02:50 PM
Can someone show me the route out of Agua Verde

That goes through the canyon? I think I have it mapped out once you hit the climb up and the switch backs. But no 100% sure on the first couple mile out.

I see where the wash goes up. I gave it a short ride and it was really rocky. Could do it on a bike, but would be tough in a truck. So not sure that's the right way?

[Edited on 12-4-2017 by JZ]
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2017 at 03:59 PM

The turn off to the arroyo from the main road is at 25-30.94x111-05.09.
The road out of the wash and up the mountain is at
25-29.68x111-05.98. Once you start up the mountain the road is good to Constitucion. Great view at you go up the mtn.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2017 at 06:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
25-29.68x111-05.98. Once you start up the mountain the road is good to Constitucion. Great view at you go up the mtn.

Perfect, that matches exactly what I have. I'm going go back and look at the wash again. It's only 2 miles until the turn up the mountain.

Pic I took riding down into AV two weeks ago.

StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2017 at 01:21 PM

25-29.68x111-05.98.

https://goo.gl/maps/s2iUrrx1gCz

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2017 at 02:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by StuckSucks  

https://goo.gl/maps/s2iUrrx1gCz

Gonna be at that spot in 2 weeks and give it a go riding up the canyon.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2017 at 03:28 PM

StuckSucks your readings are in degrees, minutes, seconds, is that what you normally use? Mine are in the standard GPS form of degrees and decimal minutes, same spot.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2017 at 07:48 PM

StuckSucks your readings are in degrees, minutes, seconds, is that what you normally use? Mine are in the standard GPS form of degrees and decimal minutes, same spot.

I changed the option in GE to be degress and decimal mins, but it still stays at degrees, mins, secs. Need to figure out what is going on.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 09:33 AM

Did you remember to click OK after changing it?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 09:40 AM

I got it working. It was probably working last night, but I was drinking a couple beers and didn't realize it.
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 12-7-2017 at 09:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Perfect, that matches exactly what I have. I'm going go back and look at the wash again. It's only 2 miles until the turn up the mountain.

Pic I took riding down into AV two weeks ago.

That first part in the arroyo is by far the worst part of the whole thing.. Once you get on the up hill/switchbacks, it's not bad. I know they have had a few decent rains since I went through in April, but it was just worked with at that point and in excellent condition.. Once you get up on top it's kinda Ho hum.
Suerte!

Fwiw, I was n a mostly stock 05 tundra with a four wheel camper on the back..no prob.

TT
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2017 at 06:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tomas Tierra  

That first part in the arroyo is by far the worst part of the whole thing.. Once you get on the up hill/switchbacks, it's not bad. I know they have had a few decent rains since I went through in April, but it was just worked with at that point and in excellent condition.. Once you get up on top it's kinda Ho hum.
Suerte!

Fwiw, I was n a mostly stock 05 tundra with a four wheel camper on the back..no prob.

TT

Thx, thinking we are just gonna ride up it with the bikes and then come back down. Have a huge ride into San Evaristo 2 days later, so gonna save up for that.

Will video the ride up.
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2017 at 05:05 PM

Suerte!

TT

Thx, thinking we are just gonna ride up it with the bikes and then come back down. Have a huge ride into San Evaristo 2 days later, so gonna save up for that.

Will video the ride up.

There is some sort of structure/house right before you start up the grade.. We didn't see it until we were up quite a ways. May be worth a sniff..
It would be worth it to go to San Jose de la Noria and check it out. Couple nice ranchos and some water.. Turn around there and head back. You could burn it pretty good on the bikes once you get on top..
Look forward to the video! I have some pretty good vid from April.. I put some up on TB, can't figure it out here..

TT
Have fun
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2017 at 11:25 PM

So we rode up. Yeah, no truck is getting through there for a long while. Not far from the beginning of the climb up the canyon the road is washed out with a rock slide.

Rocky for the next mile or two after that. One big patch, and then you hit a gate near the top. 500 feet past the gate is another slide. We stopped there as that one looked like a mess.

From the turn off the main road just before Agua Verde until the top of the canyon we probably rode over 10K rocks. It was a rough 4-5 miles.

Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2017 at 07:43 AM

We tried to go down in a capable truck last month ... no go big wash out into a canyon like you mentioned. Motos picked their way through...thanks for the update sounds like its still the same, which is surprising because the local ranchers use that road a lot back and forth. Gracias.

So we rode up. Yeah, no truck is getting through there for a long while. Not far from the beginning of the climb up the canyon the road is washed out with a rock slide.

Rocky for the next mile or two after that. One big patch, and then you hit a gate near the top. 500 feet past the gate is another slide. We stopped there as that one looked like a mess.

From the turn off the main road just before Agua Verde until the top of the canyon we probably rode over 10K rocks. It was a rough 4-5 miles.

DREAM IT! PLAN IT! LIVE IT!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2017 at 02:38 PM

That is a real bummer. That was such a neat drive. I hope they get it fixed soon.
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2017 at 09:10 PM

Thanks for reporting back JZ.. Glad you guys made it safely. Beautiful up there, I feel fortunate to have been able to drive that last April. To bad for the locals who use that road.. They had put a bunch of effort into fixing it nicely before we went.

TT
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 12-18-2017 at 11:23 AM

I talked to someone who recently turned around on a moto as the road was too bad. I wish I could remember more. (The other week, I struggled to remember where I had ceviche for lunch a few days prior. It came to me after a few days...)
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2017 at 11:24 AM

I'm a little late to the party, but I deal with lat/lons for my job about 1000 times a day -- I work in digital degrees, eg: 25.494667, -111.099667 separated by a comma, sans degree symbol.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2017 at 09:00 PM

There is some sort of structure/house right before you start up the grade.. We didn't see it until we were up quite a ways. May be worth a sniff..
It would be worth it to go to San Jose de la Noria and check it out. Couple nice ranchos and some water.. Turn around there and head back. You could burn it pretty good on the bikes once you get on top..
Look forward to the video! I have some pretty good vid from April.. I put some up on TB, can't figure it out here..

TT
Have fun

It's a shed of sorts, abandoned or maybe a covered pen for animals. I stopped there the last time we went down the mtn.
Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2018 at 07:35 PM

So the back road into Agua Verde is still a mess, I take it.
No go for my 2x4 truck with bald tires?
Any recent update....por favor
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.