Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Jimmy Smith
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-9-2003 at 05:12 PM
Jimmy Smith

Hola,
Not really sure how many of you are aware that Don Jimmy is in the VA Hospital in LaJolla undergoing further tests on his lungs after a relapse from his problem a month ago. Nothing definite yet. I visited with him yesterday and today and he is thriving on the good vibes he is receiving from Chuck Potter, Desert Bull, Wild Bill and a true Baja Lady and his own private nurse ('Char'). I felt honored to finally get to meet these Baja Folks. He is in 3north pod B room 3354.
Like I said he is feeding off the vibes he is getting so drop by and see him or give him a call at 1-858-552-8585 ext 3354. Looks like he will be there through this next weekend.

http://www.caballeropublishing.com
bernieswaim@caballeropublishing.com

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
reefrocket
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2003 at 09:25 PM

Come on Jimmy! We're all pullin for YA. :bounce:
Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2003 at 10:18 PM
El Rey de Baja

Bernie hit the nail on the head. It was a nice visit with Jimmy, Bernie, Chuck and Char as he told stories and listened to some others from us. And wow, Char, a good family friend and private nurse that came up with him from Los Barriles, is taking great care of Jimmy in the hospital. Thanks to great people like Bernie, Chuck, Dave and especially Char, Jimmy is sure to make it out of this predicament in good shape.

Desertbull:spingrin:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

thumbup.gif posted on 9-9-2003 at 11:28 PM

Talked to Jimmy earlier today (not on the number listed), and he sounded good and full of fight! Get well Amigo!!!:yes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Fisheater

[*] posted on 9-10-2003 at 07:45 AM

You can read a monthly article by Jimmy at www.baja.net Great site and great people. Get well Jimmy!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-10-2003 at 08:10 AM
JIMMY'S NO.

not sure what you mean, "not on that no."
is it wrong? what is the right one? is it a secret??

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2003 at 05:23 PM

Sorry Mike, please call me. I don't think a private hospital room number should be posted. After I tried the number Bernie posted, an amigo (who also is a personal friend of Jimmy) gave me a better number.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

sad.gif posted on 9-10-2003 at 10:36 PM

Bernie---I just got out of the VA in La Jolla. They are great and Jimmy will soon be feeling better. They did an open heart surgery on me and I left in four days. The care there is better than in a private hospital. I hope Jimmy will get well soon. I will say the food isn't great, but the price is sure good. God, these golden years aren't what they are cracked up to be. Sharky:(
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2003 at 11:36 PM

I don't know how it works in your neck of the woods Fisheater.

A private room number really shouldn't be posted on the internet. Especially when you can dial direct into the room of a convalescing person at any time of the day or night.

I'll be pleased if Jimmy gets a copt of this email.

Get Well Jimmy!! Get out of that Horspistol and get some Real food!!

As always

Bedman
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2003 at 08:01 AM
Don Jimmy update!

i spent some time with Jimmy last night along with his buddies Dave "big" Deal and Chuck Potter and Charlene from Los Barilles. He's in good spirits, had some ribald comments. He won't be going home soon however as they are seriously needing to watch him for several weeks. Maybe before Dec but Quien Sabes? anyway we are looking to find, borrow, beg or steal a small travel trailer - 12 to 18 ft - for him to stay in that can be umbillicled at Dave Deal's casa as Dave will take him to V.A. for his periodic treatments. Any one that can help with this notify any of the admin at www.baja.net . better than having to just hang at V.A.

Took him a "Screaming Airlines" T and a fine cigar but the cigar a no-no so it went to Dave!

Please donate if you can a little to his "return flight to home" costs c/o www.baja.net as posted by WB and DB. Even a buck or 5 here and there will add up fast. Gotta keep don Jimmy Writin' and rockin'!

Also David, understand your point. thx for clarifying

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

Msal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2003 at 06:00 PM
trailer

Where will this trailer be needed? I may have a conection,need more info.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-11-2003 at 07:38 PM
Don Jimmy

David K and others,
I stand corrected and chastised. About the phone number, I was most interested in getting his friends aware of his situation and NEVER considered that anyone on the board would stoop to doing what was suggested.
Guess I am not paranoid enought. I just sent most of you a private update his condition.
Los Pateticos

[*] posted on 9-11-2003 at 08:28 PM

Capt. Mike,

The flying sam that you are, it seems more than appropriate for you to be the one to give Don Jimmy a lift home. His home isn't that much farther than Mulege. If he's going to be in the states for a while, maybe you'll have a charter heading his direction when the time comes for him to be released from the horsepital? Sounds like good sense to me and save Jimmy some dough at the same time.
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2003 at 08:39 PM

I would hate to think that someone on the Nomad board would or could make any type of harassing phone calls But.........

We're not the only ones that read the board.

My beast to all

Bedman
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-11-2003 at 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Msal
Where will this trailer be needed? I may have a conection,need more info.

I believe Mr. Deal resides in North County San Diego.... maybe in Oceanside?

Regards,
--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2003 at 11:07 PM

Dave 'Big Deal' is an amigo, I have been to his home often... email me Sally, if you need location. See some of Dave's cartoons at http://www.bigdealart.com

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2003 at 05:30 AM
flying Jimmy home

los pateticos - yes, i am flying him home as soon as the docs allow. We are seeking donations for this at www.baja.net
to cover the avgas and anything left goes as cash to help him in recovery. Hope you can help.

Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2003 at 05:50 AM
GET WELL

Don Jimmy, get well soon, we will see you and Dona Lupe in the fall!

All of our best,

George & Deborah
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2003 at 09:20 AM
bernie, thx for the email. i visited him

wed but didn't think to print out all these posts. i'll be in baja all weekend, perhaps some one could print out and fax or deliver them to him at the VA?

msal - Dave lives in Vista.

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2003 at 11:02 AM
Don Jimmy.....

Sorry to hear you are back in the hospital again, as we know, you are an onrey 'ol cuz! I have confidence you will be up and well soon!

If there aren't any rules against it, why not smuggle Jimmy some REAL food! (a Cigar for a guy with lung problems?! What were you thinking?!) I know your heart was in the right place .....but,.... :)
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.