Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Jimmy Smith
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-18-2003 at 07:30 AM
news on jimmy from last night's visit

i'll post a full report later this a.m. - stay tuned here or 1st at baja.net where the funds are.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2003 at 11:32 AM
jimmy update 09/18/03

ok - am back, jimmy looking and feeling pretty good, he's optimistic - what strength and will the hombre has!!
they are going to begin asap a rigorous round of treatment that goes for 10 days or so. then the doc will release him to go south/home, he will be watched closely and if needed he can return to VA SD anytime within the next year for add'l treatment (if needed) - all depends on how it/he responds. He has to stay on oxy though, and that could be for the long haul, we need to get him a used oxy gen so he can plug in and not have to switch bottles, he knows of one he can get from Bobby Van Wormer - maybe it will be a gift, i don't know - speaking of that famous family, Steve Van wormer showed up and really made Jimmy's day - was not expected, he's a great guy too.
Now - plan change - doc prohibits jimmy from airplane travel - comm'l, private, any kind - no can do, i even have an O2 bottle for him i use for IFR altitudes but still even with that doc says no....so the flight fund is now a road fund - gas, hotels food etc, and whatever is left can go for meds - they are going to stock him for the ride south from VA. he is moving to another wing for treatment - not sure where - he says all amigos come visit - i can tell you the stories were flowing last night - the guy is amazing, oh... and he's got his daytimer back. more later. lastly - we are thinking of meeting him in mulege for a BBQ during his haul south, anyone in the area then - i'll post the schedule when we know it - is invited, he has many friends in that area, sort of a 1/2 way home celebration. I plan to go and may have some seats avail - e me on that. adios.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

Casa P. D. y C.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2003 at 01:48 PM
Capt. Mike re: Jimmy's drive home

Capt. Mike,

Just a short message to let you know that should Jimmy get a late start, or need to make the first day's drive across the border short one, or for any old reason, we have a guest house ready and waiting for him and his driving crew. Email me for details. We'd like to help out any way we can.

Saludos,
Paulina y Dern
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2003 at 02:10 PM
thx Paulina - some are printing these out and

getting to him to read, this will be most appreciated!

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 9-19-2003 at 02:02 PM

Just talked to Jimmy on the phone, was having fun visiting with a "pretty lady" in his room. He's really been enjoying the visitors and the messages. He hopes to be posting again soon with a borrowed laptop. Wow, that would be SO COOL!!!!
I'm watching for you Jimmy! Send up a flare when you get online!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-19-2003 at 05:19 PM

I called Jimmy yesterday, and he is sounding great... very optimistic!
Expects to be here about 2 weeks before returning to Los Barriles.

I am still not totally recovered from my walking pnemonia, so I had to decline Jim's invitation for a visit.

I think it's wonderful that Baja Nomad is providing a wireless Internet laptop for Jimmy to use in the hospital!

Go Jimmy, go!!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2003 at 07:18 AM
laptop loan

most generosa Doug, Mil Gracias!!!

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

thumbup.gif posted on 9-22-2003 at 08:52 PM
Don Jimmy

Wandered up to the VA this day to see the Don. He was very animinated as he spoke of some guy named Means (?) and his four kids who visited him this weekend. Jimmy said that he really enjoyed the visit with a very nice man and his kids--the kids made him homesick.
Jimmy's private and personal Angel arranged a Buffet right in the hospital and everyone, including the staff, really enjoyed the feast.
Now I remember his first name is Doug and the Don blessed him with "he is an okay guy!" So now that the Don has spoken yea must all heed--Doug and his kids are "A Okay."
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2003 at 09:14 AM
can we get word to Jimmy the status

of his family post Marty??

am sure there is much concern on his part, he mentioned that last week when i was there and Marty was still ways off.

can we get a general report on los barilles?

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 9-23-2003 at 09:47 AM
See Elizabeth Rohrs post on Freds

Liz just posted on Fred's, she'll probably post something here.
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 10-12-2003 at 11:29 AM
Don Jimmy goin Home

Quote:
Originally posted by Casa P. D. y C.

Just a short message to let you know that should Jimmy get a late start, or need to make the first day's drive across the border short one, or for any old reason, we have a guest house ready and waiting for him and his driving crew. Email me for details. We'd like to help out any way we can.

Saludos,
Paulina y Dern

Paulina & Dern,

I was just talking with Don Jimmy about plans for the trip South. He sounds real good today, and ready to come on home, ah yes, hope springs eternal.

Present plan is to leave Tuesday. And well, with checking out of hospital and checking in at the boarder, doesn?t look like they are going to get too far on down the road that first day and taking you up on the offer for the use of the guest house for the first night?s stay could be real handy if it is still a viable for you? I tried to e-mail you to get us connected, but alas I am not on my computer and I got bumped, so I am hoping you will read this and respond, or someone else will pick it up and some how get the message to you.

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by Eli]
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 10-12-2003 at 11:45 AM

I have friends who are neighbors of Paulina's. I stay with them on every trip south. They read the boards occaisionally if they are in town. I'll email them the scoop. Maybe they can help as well.

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
Eli
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2003 at 01:44 PM

Ay Mija, thanks mucho! Once again, you prove to be a link for me and mine, how do you always do that? You are resourceful, to say the least!
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

thumbup.gif posted on 10-12-2003 at 02:33 PM

Don Jimmy's back on line over at Baja.net, will probably check in here soon.

Hierba Mala Nunca Muere :spingrin:
Casa P. D. y C.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2003 at 03:04 PM
Eli

Check you private messages. We're home and ready for Jimmy and crew!

Paulina y Dern
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

thumbup.gif posted on 10-12-2003 at 06:33 PM

Eli,
Got to the hospital today just after he hung up from talking to you. He really is ready to be gone.
Do you guys remember how last May we all automatically started a "Jimmy Sighting" post to track his travels to and from the VA and Keri's booksigning so that Lupe and Sally were kept informed about his progress--WHY DON't WE START ONE FROM ABOUT NOON next Tuesday (10-14-03) and follow him and Char south so that we all will know how things are going.
The couple who offered to give him shelter on the first night could be the first to post. WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Oh! Don Jimmy is aware that there have been almost 2,000 hits on this thread from his friends and it puts a rather large smile on his face.
Baja IS people helping people!

[Edited on 10-13-2003 by Baja Bernie]
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-13-2003 at 12:53 AM
9/22 post by Baja Bernie...

The person named Means, with all the kids is the host of this web site, Doug Means aka Baja Nomad. A great guy!

Photos of Doug at Viva Baja 1,2, and 3 in my web site. One of those great kids was with him at #2 and 3.

[Edited on 10-13-2003 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Eli
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2003 at 10:25 AM

Thank You Mucho Paulina. I talked with Dad this a.m. and he said he got your e-mail with the info. So, he and Char will handle communication from there.

Casa P. D. y C.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2003 at 04:44 PM
To Eli

I talked with your dad this morning. He was holding court with Bernie as we spoke. He's got directions, phone number, all is set for tomorrow. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Saludos,

Paulina >*)))><
Eli
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2003 at 04:50 PM

Well, certainly do thank You Paulina. Glad you guys connected.

By the way, Bernie's suggestion to post if you spot him on the road sure would sit well and fine with Me and Dona Lupe.
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.