Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Lunch between San Felipe and Puertecitos
nbentley1
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2017 at 10:27 AM
Lunch between San Felipe and Puertecitos

We will be heading down to Loreto on 12/23 and are looking for a lunch recommendation on Mex 5 around San Felipe or just south of there. Thanks
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 12-15-2017 at 10:32 AM

Chelo's....around K35 is a good choice
nbentley1
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2017 at 10:36 AM

Wow, looking at the reviews Chelo's looks like a great choice.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-15-2017 at 11:03 AM

Chelo's for the win! Km. 35.5

I last had lunch there with Ivan Stewart!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2017 at 11:07 AM

Chelo's is good, you also have the option of hot dog's and a cold beer with Memo at the Cowpatty
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-15-2017 at 12:52 PM

I vote for Cow Patty's
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2017 at 02:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
I vote for Cow Patty's

I hear the lunch special is quite good.

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-15-2017 at 02:26 PM

Best in town!!

Quote: Originally posted by StuckSucks  
Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
I vote for Cow Patty's

I hear the lunch special is quite good.
nbentley1
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2017 at 04:22 PM

Ok looks like another great option. Depending on the time / hunger levels we will make at stop at one of those locations. Thanks for the suggestions.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2017 at 04:28 PM

then again....hard to beat one of the fine restaurants right on the san felipe malecon....and you don't have to chance catching Memo in a good mood....for a hotdog;)
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 12-15-2017 at 07:04 PM

I've never eaten at Chelo's, but I have eaten at the place two or three houses south on the same side of the road a couple of times. It's very good. I don't know the name of the place, but my local friends say they prefer it over Chelo's.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2017 at 07:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  
I've never eaten at Chelo's, but I have eaten at the place two or three houses south on the same side of the road a couple of times. It's very good. I don't know the name of the place, but my local friends say they prefer it over Chelo's.

Aniceto's (sp?)

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2017 at 06:05 AM

Aniceto's is much better than Chelo's. After a number of less than satisfactory experiences, we and a good portion of our neighbors have given up on Chelo's. YMMV
RogerMears
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2017 at 09:50 PM

Antonetos!! Not sure on the spelling but close! It's awesome and has great Chili Rellenos!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-17-2017 at 10:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by nbentley1  
We will be heading down to Loreto on 12/23 and are looking for a lunch recommendation on Mex 5 around San Felipe or just south of there. Thanks

The food recommendations being given to you here are pretty poor. Restaurants mentioned ain’t much to write home about.
If leaving from San Diego, I suggest you pick up banh mi sandwiches and fresh spring roles from one of the joints on El Cajon Blvd (most open at 600 am) and then picnic in the desert.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2017 at 05:11 AM

My favorite lunch spot is the cantina at Percibu. Great food, but very slow. BTW, the Cow Patty does not serve food as far as I know.
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2017 at 06:38 AM

The restaurant at the El Cortez Motel (in San Felipe proper) is nice for a lunch stop. Parking, beach front indoor / outdoor dining, hotel quality service, inexpensive traditional Mexican food and drinks. I don't stay there because its a little pricy and they always stick you in the worst room even if the place is empty, but like to eat there.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2017 at 09:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by basautter  
My favorite lunch spot is the cantina at Percibu. Great food, but very slow. BTW, the Cow Patty does not serve food as far as I know.

you don't consider Memo's hot dogs fine cuisine? :O
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2017 at 10:07 AM

Aniceto's (Km. 35/36) is not always open, so maybe that's when Chelo's gets more customers? I have eaten at both and I have never had a bad meal. The fish dinner at Chelo's was outstanding last January when I met Ivan there. There is another restaurant in the little town of Delicias about a block or two west of the highway, called Marina's.

nbentley1
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2017 at 12:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by nbentley1  

The food recommendations being given to you here are pretty poor. Restaurants mentioned ain’t much to write home about.
If leaving from San Diego, I suggest you pick up banh mi sandwiches and fresh spring roles from one of the joints on El Cajon Blvd (most open at 600 am) and then picnic in the desert.

I live in City Heights so know exactly what your talking about :)
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.