Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Lobster!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2017 at 10:31 PM
Lobster!

Right now it is lobster season in La Bocana and the CabaƱas beach restaurant in our village has a special on lobsters. It costs about $230 pesos....I love lobster and husband Les takes me there often and we went 2 weeks ago for dinner.

I am going to let the pictures do the talking but suffice it to say that the lobster was dee lish us.

THE VIEW FROM INSIDE

rsz_mix_027.jpg - 82kB

THE BAR WITH KILLER MARGARITAS

rsz_1mix_028.jpg - 127kB

THE LOBSTER

rsz_mix_029.jpg - 109kB

CATCHING THE LOBSTER FOR BLANCA

rsz_mix_032.jpg - 112kB

THEY DO HAVE LIVE ABALONE - FOR ME, NO THANKS

rsz_mix_030.jpg - 110kB

BUT HERE IS MY AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS LOBSTER, IT DOESN'T GET FRESHER THAN THAT!

rsz_1mix_034.jpg - 118kB

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-22-2017 at 11:17 PM

Yum!!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

baja Steve
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2017 at 06:27 AM

YUM YUM YUM Christmas treet
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 12-23-2017 at 09:54 AM

Wow...your lobsters are so inexpensive in La Bocana.

Here, in Ensenada, they are about $500 Pesos for a 1 kilo lobster!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2017 at 10:28 AM

Excellent, beautiful view and great food. Doesn't get any better than that.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-23-2017 at 10:42 AM
Why not the abalone?

I used to sport dive for abalone, but haven't done that in thirty years. I hope they have some the next time I pass through there!

I had lunch at that restaurant a couple of years ago and was pleased with the food, and service. It was before I became active on this forum, and did not know of your compound, or I would have stopped by to say hello!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
nandopedal
Nomad

Mood: Negra Modelo

[*] posted on 12-23-2017 at 03:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
Wow...your lobsters are so inexpensive in La Bocana.

Here, in Ensenada, they are about $500 Pesos for a 1 kilo lobster!

See your U2U, thanks.

\"There are many dangers in Baja. The most serious of which is not going.\" Christophe Noel (EXPO)
surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2017 at 01:02 PM

Decades ago before I knew better, I crossed north with a bag of abs. I did not hide a thing when declaring, and the Border Patrol told me this would not fly.

I asked if I could cook up some in secondary and was approved to do so.

I pulled out my camp stove and cooked up all that I could in secondary. I was stuffed, and handed over the leftovers to the guard.

At least it wasn't a total loss. I doubt that would be allowed these days. A lesson learned, and thanks go to the tolerant Border Patrol at the time for being accommodating to an innocent mistake.

They sure were scrumptious going down. I had to toss about half of them, which was a shame but understandable. I wish I had been able to donate them to feed some hungry less fortunate souls.

I wonder there is a program that can donate certain foodstuffs that are collected by the border patrol to go toward feeding the homeless and vets. I can dream.

Intolerance these days has reached a level that I would never have imagined in years past. I will go no further. Thanks to all here.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2017 at 12:19 PM

I am not so sure why they offer that amazing deal on the lobster but they are really good!

Everyone who drives to or thru La Bocana, please stop by and say hi! I really like sharing stories about Baja.

Donating the extra food collected sure would be nice. Years ago I saw bags and bags of used clothing that had been confiscated headed south. Somehow I doubt they were burned, ya think?

You were very lucky to have been able to cook up the abs LOL

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.