Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: INM in Guerrero Negro
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 1-8-2018 at 10:19 PM
INM in Guerrero Negro

Does anyone know of a facilitator (gestor) in GN who can assist with obtaining a permanent residence visa? TIA.

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-8-2018 at 10:20 PM

I bet Shari will know!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2018 at 01:01 AM

I myself don't know of anyone in GN.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2018 at 08:08 AM

Santa Rosalia is the capital of Comondu Cty, verdad? Check with Notaries.
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2018 at 08:31 AM

Santa Rosalia is the capital of nothing.
And is in the Municipality of Mulege. Guerro Negro is in the municipality of Mulege.

Comondu is a whole 'nother area.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2018 at 09:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by boe4fun  
Does anyone know of a facilitator (gestor) in GN who can assist with obtaining a permanent residence visa? TIA.

A facilitator can't do anything to help the process you can't do. A change of status requires you leave and go to to mexican consulate in your home city in your country. For example, San Jose CA.

You can review the requirements for RP which are that you are at the end of the TR 4 yr period and qualify by monthly income or qualify outright by overall assets plus income. You need to show proof of income by showing monthly income with bank records for a period of about 6 months. Obviously you need an address and associated bill like CFE. You need your passport, photos, money for application.

There are many other possible factors or points but the interpretation is not clear, though as they say everything helps, such as ability to speak spanish, etc.

If you are married to a mexican or have a mexican child that's a another path that can be processed in country called Vinculo Familiar.

All steps and processes are discussed here https://yucalandia.com/answers-to-common-questions/new-rules...

[Edited on 1-9-2018 by gnukid]
boe4fun
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2018 at 09:58 AM

Gracias everyone. Gnukid, I was addressing the process of obtaining the PR visa after completing the visit to my local Mexican Consulate. It is also my understanding that under the most recent rules, one no longer needs to go through the 4 year TR visa before applying for the PR visa. ¿Verdad, no?

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2018 at 10:20 AM

Yes you can go directly to RP with either assets, income or family connections. But if you are approved by the exterior consulate you know that? You should have got a sticker placed in your passport? And now must go directly to the local INM within a set time and immediately upon entering the country.

if you have been approved by the exterior MX consulate there is nothing the local INM can do to stop or impede you from proceeding. You simply need to complete the form, share the same info you already supplied, again, pay, and get fingerprinted.

The link I provided spells out the steps. Basically, you go on online to start. Though at this point the local INM office is required to help you proceed and can't alter or halt the process unless you do something illegal. Here's some info https://yucalandia.com/answers-to-common-questions/new-rules...

Go to the local INM be polite and patient and proceed. Expect it could take a few visits and 2-8 weeks.

[Edited on 1-9-2018 by gnukid]
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-9-2018 at 01:57 PM

I dont know of anyone either but Magda who works at Immigration speaks ENglish and can guide you through the steps or I can call her for you too

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
boe4fun
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2018 at 02:25 PM

I have yet to visit the Mexican consulate as, according to information I have received so far, I am supposed to go to the consulate in Oxnard. Several phone calls (voice mails) and emails have not been answered. I have all necessary paperwork for this first step, and am hoping to set an appointment with the consulate in San Diego - although they have already told me that Oxnard is the consulate for the area that I live in.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 1-9-2018 at 03:17 PM

It was mentioned earlier, but the set time frame was not specific: From the time you get the immigration sticker on your USA passport (From the US Consulate in your home city), you have no more than 30 days to fill out your INM paperwork in Mexico, or your work becomes invalid.
ADDITIONALLY, you MUST obtain a new FMM from the port of entry INM office. You will then explain to the officer there that the new FMM will cost you nothing and that the FMM must have checked off the little box that says :CANJE" (exchange). This FMM you will then give to the officer in charge of your paperwork. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you to leave Mexico for any reason while your paperwork is being processed. (You can leave at will when you receive you RP card). If you do, and you are caught, the penalty will be that you will no longer be allowed to apply for PR in Mexico.

One more scrooge clause. If you fly out of Mexican air space (or US air space) and to another part of Mexico, say Tijuana to La Paz, you have to be very careful how you fill out the tourist paperwork. INM offices in the airports are 100% on line with INM procedures and who has an RP. Therefore, if you check off on the INM box that you are visiting for "tourism", INM already knows that you are a RP and will invalidate your card and confiscate it.

Yes, it is that cut-and-dry. I found out from a person who had that happen to them.

I have yet to visit the Mexican consulate as, according to information I have received so far, I am supposed to go to the consulate in Oxnard. Several phone calls (voice mails) and emails have not been answered. I have all necessary paperwork for this first step, and am hoping to set an appointment with the consulate in San Diego - although they have already told me that Oxnard is the consulate for the area that I live in.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 1-9-2018 at 04:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
..... From the time you get the immigration sticker on your USA passport (From the US Consulate in your home city).....

The "sticker" is the visa, you get it from the Mexican Consulate where you first apply, not the US Consulate
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 1-9-2018 at 07:23 PM

I had one too many tequilas when I answered this. bajaguy is correct in that you obtain the sticker at the Mexican consulate nearest your home US city.

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
..... From the time you get the immigration sticker on your USA passport (From the US Consulate in your home city).....

The "sticker" is the visa, you get it from the Mexican Consulate where you first apply, not the US Consulate

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

boe4fun
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2018 at 07:24 PM

bajaguy, I think Udo meant the Mexican consulate which is in the US near my home town. Gracias a todo.
Udo, you beat me to the punch!

[Edited on 1-10-2018 by boe4fun]

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 1-9-2018 at 07:33 PM

Just follow the timelines after you visit the Consulate and get the visa stamp in your passport.

bajaguy, I think Udo meant the Mexican consulate which is in the US near my home town. Gracias a todo.
Udo, you beat me to the punch!

[Edited on 1-10-2018 by boe4fun]
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2018 at 01:12 PM

Old post, things change... Just for the sake of clarity, if anybody will be going through this ordeal soon - you CAN leave and return during the "tramite" - processing. Provided, you have already started it with INM.

All you need is the Permit to Leave and Return, cost 405 pesos: https://www.gob.mx/tramites/ficha/permiso-para-salir-y-regre...
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2018 at 03:28 PM

Paul, I did get my at GN but that was years ago. Things do change. Zoe did hers in San Diego, I think. She may know where and how. It did take us about 6 months and several visit to GN to get it sorted and completed.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2018 at 06:07 PM

Mex consulate NOB is step #1 now. You can't apply in GN and can't finalize the process and get RT/RP card in San Diego.

You apply NOB, then continue in Mex INM and can't go back North during 5-6 weeks that it takes them to process you. This is what their special permit is good for. Note that it says something about "unforeseeable circumstances" when applying for special permit. You know, your aunt isn't well and wants to see you...

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.