Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Latest State Department Warnings
BajaBill74
Nomad

Mood: Beyond Extatic!

[*] posted on 1-10-2018 at 07:36 PM
Latest State Department Warnings

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/7859616-181/5-mexican-stat...

In general the highest warning level is 4 and was given to 5 states. Good news is that Baja is not on that list.

BCS is level 2 which means "exercise increased caution,".

What's puzzling is that it says BCS has the second highest homicide rate of 61.6 per 100,000. I like the level warning of 2 better that 4, but why is this?

My wife and I have gone to BCS every year since 1999, and I go to Mulege almost every year.

Could someone invent a pill that would make all this drug problem go away?;)

What I'm doing at work is so secret, even I don't know what I'm doing!

One should believe in God, because even Google doesn't know everything.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 1-11-2018 at 07:06 PM

Wonder why they left out Down Town LA at night.
mxracer50

[*] posted on 1-12-2018 at 07:39 AM

There are lots of US cities that need to be on this type of list.
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2018 at 02:21 PM

Is this BCS activity, what within the last 3 yrs. or so, due to drug
sales to the local population? Can't imagine it has anything
to do with routes to the US. Don't know how true the statement
still rings 'Mex doesn't have a drug problem, the US does'

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-12-2018 at 02:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

Because LA is not located in foreign country. Doh!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

volcano
Nomad

Mood: always pining to be there

[*] posted on 1-13-2018 at 08:56 AM

warring gangs (cartels?) similar to gang violence in L.A.. I just got back from annual visit to my cabana....residents told me businesses are now being extorted for $$$ in San Jose....much like in the 1920's U.S. by the mob (s) then. Hopefully they will wake up and realize they effect their families' tourist related businesses adversely. this happened in the Copper Canyon region and they invested in the tourist businesses, instead of continuing the overt violence.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 1-13-2018 at 09:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

Because LA is not located in foreign country. Doh!

It should be silly boy try driving down a side street at night.:bounce:
bajamary1952
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2018 at 11:55 AM

Perhaps someone in the Mexican government should begin travel warnings for the U.S.
I have been traveling on the mainland for the past 3 months from Coahuila-Durango-Zacatecas-Aguascalientes-Michoacan-Colima-Jalisco-Navarit-Sinaloa then on to Sonora and now in Baja and had NO probllems anywhere. And I'm a female traveling solo with a small dog and camping most of the time. My Spanish is decent and people everywhere here have been more friendly than what I'd expect in the U.S.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2018 at 12:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajamary1952  
Perhaps someone in the Mexican government should begin travel warnings for the U.S.
I have been traveling on the mainland for the past 3 months from Coahuila-Durango-Zacatecas-Aguascalientes-Michoacan-Colima-Jalisco-Navarit-Sinaloa then on to Sonora and now in Baja and had NO probllems anywhere. And I'm a female traveling solo with a small dog and camping most of the time. My Spanish is decent and people everywhere here have been more friendly than what I'd expect in the U.S.

Exactly what I was thinking. Most if not all media coverage of violence in Mx is BS. Still, be cautious if you’re out late drinking. Don’t buy drugs from strangers.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 1-14-2018 at 12:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBill74  

Could someone invent a pill that would make all this drug problem go away?;)

It's called a 9mm..........
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 1-14-2018 at 12:54 PM
Warnings for the uninformed ?

Crime in the U.S. would not be surprising to ANYBODY who bothers to read, listen and watch the news.

Given the sensationalist extensive coverage, anyone unaware obviously doesn't pay attention.

BTW, in the U.S., that 9mm avoidance of victim-hood is a reasonable option to the average citizen.

Unlike Mexico or elsewhere.
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 1-14-2018 at 01:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Don’t buy drugs from strangers.

It pays to always know your drug dealer.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2018 at 02:23 PM

The same course of cultural action taken with cigarettes can be done with recreational drugs, Science will provide INFORMATION derived using scientific methods, then some brave politician will LEGISLATE, then after the hysteria dies down, LITIGATION will cause fine tuning of the laws, in the end the desired TAXATION takes place, everybody happy, win ,win.
Right now the culture is stuck on not even knowing whats going on, entrenched bureaucracies very happy along with their political base and of course the DONORS

Big Caveat - Reality is truly necessary for the people that can't handle drugs AND OR alcohol

Es Todo Bueno
sapian

[*] posted on 1-14-2018 at 03:16 PM

I wonder what Mexico's state department was posting when 59 people, mostly tourists, were shot and killed in Las Vegas.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2018 at 03:55 PM
Solving the Problem in Las Vegas

The maids will now be the vanguard of defense.

Hotels will be replacing "Do Not Disturb" door placards with "Occupied" and requiring those housekeepers to call a supervisor (with access key) if someone doesn't come to the door when they knock.

That should do the trick.

It's amazing how simple the answers are, isn't it ?
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 1-14-2018 at 04:09 PM

My wife and our friends have for many years driven all of Baja from top to bottom and mainland from Nogales down to Puerto Vallarta even this last year without problems. Same as USA you need to have your eyes and safety switch on knowing when it is time to move on from what looks like possible trouble and knowing areas to stay out of especially at night. The friends we have made over the years in and around these areas keep us up on the who, what and when to keep our Fun and More Fun going without having BAD things happen so far in over 17 years of traveling (knock on Wood). In Baja around Rosarito Beach where we have been going for the past 45 years no problems other that 2 small thefts but nothing in danger zone of threats. In fact starting to build a new home in Rosarito Beach area at this writing. Take Care & Travel Safe----- "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN!!" bajafun777

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2018 at 05:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajafun777  
My wife and our friends have for many years driven all of Baja from top to bottom and mainland from Nogales down to Puerto Vallarta even this last year without problems. Same as USA you need to have your eyes and safety switch on knowing when it is time to move on from what looks like possible trouble and knowing areas to stay out of especially at night. The friends we have made over the years in and around these areas keep us up on the who, what and when to keep our Fun and More Fun going without having BAD things happen so far in over 17 years of traveling (knock on Wood). In Baja around Rosarito Beach where we have been going for the past 45 years no problems other that 2 small thefts but nothing in danger zone of threats. In fact starting to build a new home in Rosarito Beach area at this writing. Take Care & Travel Safe----- "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN!!" bajafun777

hey stranger haven't heard from you in awhile.....where are you building in rosarito?
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 1-14-2018 at 05:13 PM

LOL, Have Been busy having FUN & MORE FUN In BAJA, so haven't been on posting here for a period of time!! LOL Bought a lot approximately 400 meters in Punta Azula right off the toll road across from the 7/11 and Pemex station. Our Lot lets us see the Rosarito Beach Hotel, Ocean and the dock right off of the hotel beach area.
Had been living in the Las Gaviotas community for the past 9 years. Our landlady had a chance to sell the house that we had been leasing from her thus allowing her to travel and have FUN & MORE FUN. She was good to us over the years as we were to he,r so all is GOOD and we wish her the BEST. Take Care & Travel Safe-----"No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN!!" bajafun777

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2018 at 08:53 PM
No Worries - The Odds are on YOUR side ................

...........ANYWHERE (well, most anywhere) that you might go.

Being a westerner in parts of the Middle-East might be dicey. You could easily lose your head.

But, otherwise, in the worst urban areas, the majority of the residents and visitors don't get robbed, raped or murdered.

Even in Chicago, they only lose about 500 or so to gunshots, don't they ?

Out of millions ?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.