Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: San Bruno
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2005 at 11:56 AM
San Bruno

Is there more than one San Bruno in Baja?
I drove down to get a look at the town thar supposedly is going to experience some rapid growth i.e. mega golf resort. When entering the community one sees new home const. and a newness but as u near the shoreline where the town is you cant miss all the trash and litter and debris that plague towns like Sta. Rosalia. I was shocked to see the large amount of trash, primarily plastic. It looks as if the prevailing winds and currents toss up all the crap from immediate points north. That would be Sta. Rosalia next up stream. Why is there so much trash and why cant all the chit be dozed into a pit and covered over. This is easy, I have done it. The pits hold a lot, hide a lot and are simple to cover over. They also signifigantly reduce airborn bacteria and virusus and well as other unhealthful particulates. One D-8 could take care of a huge area. I realize the costs but It must be more cause I have seen idle equipment in the area. Is it just not a practiced standard? Does anyone have a reasonable answer to this Or is it just a matter of pride or lack thereof?
fishinrich
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2005 at 12:34 PM
One word

EDUCATION---If you never learn about conservation, recycling or other environmental issues then just throwing your trash on the ground is just the thing to do. What the cows and goats do not eat just blows aroung in the wind. fishin rich
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2005 at 06:35 PM

Hi Sharky,
this is a topic I brought up many, many month ago, and guess what >>> some folks just laughed at me.
I feel that the Mexicans don't deserve better!
They are throwing their trash and garbage just wherever they want > in the middle of a town or @ the beach (don't care the motto is)
yes, fishhinrich is right, absolutely right.
It is a question of education.
Maybe also to teach them that glass i.e. is a valuable thing.
The Mex's are throwing glass everywhere.
Recycling makes money for sure.
But so far I do believe that the Mex's are too stupid to learn how to make money.
Or do they just want to be poor???
Kinda lifestyle they know.
Why making a change?
In general > your questions are true, but do not make a diff in Baja.
I feel deeply sorry for those dumn-ass-guys here in Baja.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 2-26-2005 at 08:59 PM

The Mexicans are going through the same thang the U.S. went through 50 years ago and they will come out of about the same as we did. don't through rocks to soon . do you remember the highways in the U.S. in the 50s? Mexico has caught up about 50 years in the last twenty. so give it an other 20 years.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 2-26-2005 at 09:41 PM

Hell, what are you talking about? Go visit Bakersfield, West Sacramento, Rio Linda. or any other dozen cities I've been to in the USA . Very close to the same as Mexico. I found that MOST homes in Mexico are clean and orderly...Lets not lay a blanket picture out on this country. Not all Mexican Citizens enjoy the filth that may lay within the cities.

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2005 at 01:24 PM

It seems some particular areas are unofficially sited as open dumping lands. We all know the spots but you are all correct, I do remember "Tin Can Beach" now Bolsa Chica and totally sterile now. And the San Jauquin Valley still holds some nasty places. But it really does bother people from US and it would behoove them to remove it. I guess that if real property value was high enough than the trash would be displaced by capitalism like in Bolsa Chica. But u r probably right....40 - 50 years from now it wont be the same. Can us anal Americans wait. That part doesn't matter. The home on the other hand, like said, is a mans(or womans) castle and the homes clean so maybe it is a mindset.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-28-2005 at 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
Is there more than one San Bruno in Baja?

Yes! Here is a photo (from Ed Vernon) of the FIRST San Bruno established in 1683

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2005 at 10:54 PM
Donde esta (Mision?) San Bruno

Near Loreto???
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2005 at 11:06 PM

Pompano, what the hell IS that?

bajalera

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2005 at 11:12 PM
First Nomadic Litterbug

He claims.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-1-2005 at 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
Near Loreto???

On the bottom of my posts is the link to VivaBaja.com... it there is a page called 'Spanish Missions of Baja California' ... direct link is: http://vivabaja.com/bajamissions it is on the first page, next to Loreto. GPS of the site, about 15 miles north of Loreto.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-1-2005 at 01:18 AM

grassy ass
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-1-2005 at 01:19 AM

wkat the?????
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-1-2005 at 01:20 AM
is that legal?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.