Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Alaska Airlines
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 1-22-2018 at 06:10 AM
Alaska Airlines

Well this sucks - Alaska Airlines just shut down their mid-week flights to LAX out of Loreto. Weekends only. Are there any other airlines that fly into Loreto?
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2018 at 06:31 AM

Either fly to TJ from Loreto or go to La Paz and catch a flight to Mexico City and on from there. Sometimes that's faster and cheaper than trying to get in and out of Loreto.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2018 at 07:53 AM

Loreto to Tijuana via Calafia, walk across CBX, then Uber to San Diego airport, SAN, then wherever you need to go from there.

addendum...I can't tell when you are looking at flights, but it is normal for Alaska to decrease flights to Loreto during the hot summer months. hopefully this is just seasonal, is there any confirmation that this is happening now?

[Edited on 1-23-2018 by rhintransit]

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2018 at 07:56 AM

Hmm, this could be 'interesting',,,we have outbound bookings on Jan 25, and Feb 22,,,guess it's time to confirm. <;~o

...edit....a quick glance at Google flights shows flight availability from Loreto to LAX, all but tues and wed ,,,through mid May at least. Prices do vary wildly, and a price watch we booked through LA to Vancouver fro ~$500 went as low as $320, up to $760 now. Alaska puts out their special deals on Tuesdays.

[Edited on 1-22-2018 by micah202]
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 1-22-2018 at 08:48 AM

I spend time in Punta Chivato, Loreto closest airport to fly visitors into. Tried to book my daughter for May 31st flight, was on the website last week but gone Saturday when I tried to book. Call AA the told me no more mid-week flights. I don't when that starts but I know not available end of May!
Lengua
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2018 at 09:15 AM

Not good , create increase in air fares. Thats the one thing that appears to be uncertain -They quit serving La Paz and its the Capital of BCS.......Whats next? :?:
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2018 at 09:38 AM

...all but tues,wed from Loreto,, is that really a problem!? :?:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-22-2018 at 09:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
I spend time in Punta Chivato, Loreto closest airport to fly visitors into. Tried to book my daughter for May 31st flight, was on the website last week but gone Saturday when I tried to book. Call AA the told me no more mid-week flights. I don't when that starts but I know not available end of May!

I think alaska decreases frequency of flights during the hot months when travel demand is low

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
1-22-2018 at 11:03 AM
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 1-22-2018 at 11:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  

I think alaska decreases frequency of flights during the hot months when travel demand is low

I think this is correct.
sapian

[*] posted on 1-22-2018 at 11:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rhintransit  
Loreto to Tijuana via Calafia, walk across CBX, then Uber to San Diego airport, SAN, then wherever you need to go from there.

CBX also provides a shuttle service to Santa Fe station in downtown SD and to the airport.
LarryK
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2018 at 01:01 PM

i need some help.. i would like to park my car at Loreto, fly to TJ, rent a car at otay. Does anybody know what daliy rental fees at loreto airport storage? Is it possably to rent a car at otay? or is the bus the best deal.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2018 at 01:22 PM

Contact Loreto storage directly. Monthly rates were about $50 uncovered, and $100 in a garage, the last time I checked.

Renting a car in Otay to return in Loreto can be a pricey proposition. I think I paid about $500 extra for the one way return on a Jeep a few years ago.
LarryK
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2018 at 04:52 PM

i'll call storage i need a car in the states for a week You say there are car rentals at otay..
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2018 at 05:57 PM

I returned my rental at the airport in Tijuana. There are several companies there. Someone drove me the two minutes to the border after I dropped off the car.

I don't know if there are rental cars on the US side. But, worst case scenario you can Uber to a place where they rent.
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2018 at 08:49 AM
Alaska LTO flight changes May to Sept

Schedule shows Alaska will reduce Loreto flights (LTO to LAX) to only Sat & Sun as of May 26. Thankfully, at least they pick back up to 4 days per week at the end of Sept. Sheew, it might be a pain but at least the 2 days/week isn't permanent (so far).

They usually decrease flights to 3 days/wk (?) in August/Sept. Most of the year it's 4 days per week except for peak winter and certain holidays when the offer 5 days per week.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.