Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: ABREOJOS - OCEAN-FRONT lot for sale $30K
David Nuevo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2018 at 01:29 PM

Okay, Take 2: I'm willing to accept that the cost of ownership expenses might not be considered as part of an investment. Rookie mistake; my bad...I've never sold property before. That said, I will reduce the asking price to $50K/OBO - still substantially lower than what I paid. As for the other alleged issues: I had no control over how the municipio/ejido laid out the lot sizes, so...sorry for the"postage-stamp" dimensions; it's what is considered a full-size lot there.
There is sand all around it because it's in the Vizcaino Desert, which is what deserts are generally made of. Every single "developed" property looked exactly like this when purchased - it's called a blank slate. It's not a "bad investment", just one I don't want anymore. I've owned it since 2010, and it has become clear to me that at my age (70, if you must know) I'm never going to develop it. So, just because I'm moving on, and it might not check all your boxes, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a dream opportunity for someone else. Lastly, let me assure all of you that I'm not some sketchy scammer - Abreojos has seen its share of those! - I'm proud to say that I have a very respectable 40+ year history in Abreojos. Now...everybody happy?

[Edited on 7-25-2018 by David Nuevo]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2018 at 01:49 PM

Folks, this is such a beautiful location for a home! walking the beach in front is just wonderful. It is off the grid - everyone uses solar there. The neighbors are really nice. Very few live there all year round so it is quiet as well.

My student Ramiro's dad (also Ramiro) does construction and I have been told he is good.

If I could split myself in two, one part would stay here in La Bocana and the other half would be right at that beach in La Baliza.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David Nuevo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2018 at 02:57 PM

Gracias, Blanca - you're hired!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2018 at 04:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David Nuevo  
Okay, Take 2: I'm willing to accept that the cost of ownership expenses might not be considered as part of an investment. Rookie mistake; my bad...I've never sold property before. That said, I will reduce the asking price to $45K/OBO - still substantially lower than what I paid. As for the other alleged issues: I had no control over how the municipio/ejido laid out the lot sizes, so...sorry for the"postage-stamp" dimensions; it's what is considered a full-size lot there.
There is sand all around it because it's in the Vizcaino Desert, which is what deserts are generally made of. Every single "developed" property looked exactly like this when purchased - it's called a blank slate. It's not a "bad investment", just one I don't want anymore. I've owned it since 2010, and it has become clear to me that at my age (70, if you must know) I'm never going to develop it. So, just because I'm moving on, and it might not check all your boxes, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a dream opportunity for someone else. Lastly, let me assure all of you that I'm not some sketchy scammer - Abreojos has seen its share of those! - I'm proud to say that I have a very respectable 40+ year history in Abreojos. Now...everybody happy?

Postage Stamp? Can't have much more than that in a fidieocomiso anyway. Some don't seem to understand that.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 1-27-2018 at 08:15 PM

This place is so nice, If were looking to move to Abreojos I would be all over this. Great town, great beach, great fishing, surf is good too. I understand keeping track of your cost when it comes to owning anything.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2018 at 08:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
... (water is 1 mile away).
That from the municipal water supply? Where's the town's water come from?

Yes...dump station at the municipal storage tank. Water is piped in from Vizcaino via Asuncion.
David Nuevo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2018 at 08:20 PM

Water is piped down from Vizcaino into a large pila and from there to houses in town. It must be trucked out to La Baliza, either with your own trailer or by one of a few enterprising guys in town. Either way, it's extremely inexpensive.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2018 at 08:28 PM

I can't believe you can buy an oceanfront lot in Abreojo's for $45K! anyone tried sinking a well?
David Nuevo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2018 at 08:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
I can't believe you can buy an oceanfront lot in Abreojo's for $45K! anyone tried sinking a well?
All you'd get is saltwater.
David Nuevo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2018 at 07:28 AM

More like 90-100 miles. Until a few years ago, a gov't.-run Diesel-powered desalination plant supplied potable water, but it was abandoned when the pipeline was established.

[Edited on 1-28-2018 by David Nuevo]
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2018 at 07:55 AM

If only this was available 10 years from now...........I'd be on it. =)

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-28-2018 at 11:03 AM

^^^what he said^^^

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2018 at 11:28 AM

wish I would have built there instead of the other side!:light:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2018 at 12:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
wish I would have built there instead of the other side!:light:

Surfing, fishing, beach combing, and generally relaxing. Good, friendly people in town. Great climate. Off-grid is not that big a deal and various contractors to choose from if wanting to build.

The first couple of years after the subdivision was created prices escalated...but since then have been relatively stable.

Downside...It can get windy...and for those that enjoy bars and restaurants, they are far and few between. The night life consists of the town's social activities.

The other thing I have seen is people get all excited, buy and then find the 600 plus mile trip to get there daunting and they lose interest.

Just my take on things.

PS
New Dave's lot is a good deal relative to what other sellers want.
David Nuevo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2018 at 04:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by David Nuevo  
More like 90-100 miles.
Ah, then it actually originates nearer the coast than (the community of) Vizcaino? You know what the source is? Does that same aqueduct feed all the coastal communities from Bahía Tortugas to Abreojos? :wow:

It comes from the aquifer up there. I based the distance estimate on the fact that it's about an 85 mile drive from Abreojos to Vizcaino, but part of it is the 50 mi. out to Mex 1 first, so maybe the pipeline is shorter. Not sure about Tortugas, but it definitely comes via Asuncion and down the coast. Abreojos is the last town in the chain.

[Edited on 1-28-2018 by David Nuevo]
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2018 at 04:42 PM

David Nuuhiwa makes this lot worth more than the tire kickers can comprehend!:light:

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2018 at 04:43 PM

Same pumping system feeds all the Pacific communities from Bahia Tortugas to Punta Abreojos. The wells fed Asuncion and Bahia Tortugas for many years. 2-3 years ago the system was expanded south along the coastline from Asuncion to Punta Abreojos (65 miles) interconnecting all the coastal communities. The wells are to the west of Vizcaino and can be seen along the hwy (about 15 miles as I remember right).
David Nuevo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2018 at 06:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
David Nuuhiwa makes this lot worth more than the tire kickers can comprehend!:light:
Wait til they find out I'm not even a goofy-foot.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2018 at 06:06 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2018 at 08:08 PM

Everyone loves the beach there
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.