Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: El Sacraficio at G Bay
hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2018 at 05:40 PM
El Sacraficio at G Bay

Bathrooms of any kind at El Sacraficio? Any info on the place will be helpful. ($, fish, etc) Thanks in advance
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2018 at 06:01 PM

fishing wise in my experience the point off sacrificio gave up more fish and a larger variety of fish than any other area in gonzaga.....a few years ago anyway:( we eventually gave up on it after it got pounded by nets and started fishing north toward bufeo, but hey anything can change right?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-2-2018 at 07:38 PM

They have cabins with bathrooms. Check Campo Beluga on your way to El Sacrificio so you know your options if Sacrificio is turn off to you.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2018 at 10:59 PM

DK,
So, what might turn me off at El Sac? I've stayed at Beluga before, which is fine and dandy, but my partnering couple dont like the place. However, the upcoming trip will have two women requiring a reasonable seating arrangment for those private moments. Somebody please help me with a detailed description of this place. Thank you very much.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2018 at 12:02 AM

Was there in 2011, and while I was game to stay there, my wife and step-daughter were very very uncomfortable with the men there and the cabins were not at all exciting.
I returned last year to reexamine the place and it was closed up (on New Years weekend). The chained entrance was at the end of a rock-lined road requiring a long back up. Very odd. Beluga has cabins as well as the palapas and nice flush toilets. Another option are the comfy looking motel rooms at Punta Bufeo, 5 mi north of Gonzaga Bay.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2018 at 09:15 AM

Thank you DK.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2018 at 10:18 AM
El Sacrificio Km. 149 + 4.1 miles in.

Quote: Originally posted by hombre66  
Thank you DK.

De nada, hombre.
I was on my phone, but now on my PC, so I can post the photos and map:

El Sacrificio, July 2011:

The manager

The cabins, with AC

Note shower head is a rag

January 2017:

Closed! No place to turn around with the rock-lined road until you back up 1/4 mile!

3464james
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2018 at 10:41 AM
El Sacrificio

We have been staying there for the past two years. Most recently in October.
1. Cabins are spartan, meaning they consist of two separate bedrooms with a door, additionally a bathroom in between. The bathroom has a hot and cold shower and a flush toilet plus sink. Additionally there is an outside,separate, men's and women's bathroom shower combination. Last trip was two couples and there was enough privacy. If you are going in the winter suggest you take a sleeping bag as it does get a wee bit chilly in the pm and there are only two thin blankets on each bed. There are several different cabin configurations. Be sure to make reservation prior too going.
2. It was warm and we had two air conditioners in the cabin. They came on at 8:00PM and went off at 4:00 am.
3. everybody there was very friendly and constantly asking if we needed anything.
4. They launched and recovered our boat for using a large farm tractor.
5. Security was good and no strange people meandering about.
6. Other guests were international, some from Australia, U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, all were friendly and considerate.
7. They have a restaurant and will cook up either your fish or theirs. We were offered steaks but turned them down. You can buy soft drinks, beer, wine, and other alcoholic beverages at the office
Bottom line: We go back because of the security, services, and the women are happy with the separate bedrooms and the showers.
3464james
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2018 at 10:44 AM
El Sacrificio

Forgot to add: Have never seen the guy without the shirt.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2018 at 10:54 AM

This is a great update! Thanks, James... Too bad they were closed on New Years week 2017 when I was last there. It would have been nice to see the changes since 2011. Sounds like a good deal. How much were the rooms and about how much for meals?

hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2018 at 12:35 PM

Great info james and thanks. We will be in a Westphalia and a Toyota 4x4 pulling a tent trailer. So camping is in order for us , plus needing the bano service. A camping area there,I hope?
3464james
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2018 at 03:46 PM
El Sacrificio

Cost: $70.0 per night for the cabanas. I don't know how much to camp. Plenty of camping area including under the big metal roof. Fire pits are prevalent and several other people were camped down the beach where their were palapa like structures. His and her bathrooms with shower for the campers. We didn't eat at the restaurant, as we had plenty of food that we had brought and didn't want to take home. However took an afternoon to have lunch at Papa Fernandez and to see what was available for sale in the real estate market. Of course had dinner at Alfonsina's, and oh yes a lunch at Rancho Grande's restaurant. All the food was great and as always people were very nice.
I had previously read the concerns about the shirtless guy, so I brought up the issue to Marcella, the lady that own's the place. She told me that they got rid of him.
Side note: while at Rancho Grande store, we were questioned by a Marine patrol, led by a captain. He was very concerned about the antennae on the truck, large short wave antennae. I told him it was to communicate with our boat while off shore. He was skeptical. pulled the former Marine officer card and he was happy again.
Once again as DK said it may not be your cup of tea and there are some options. I personally don't want to pay $100.0 per night at Alfonsinas plus the noise. Each his own however. As far as fishing goes, I did some spear fishing right off a little point of rocks, depth 20-25 feet, and there was a reasonable amount of variety, did not see any fish over 12 inches. Oh well.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
3-3-2018 at 01:24 AM

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.