LIVINGROOM

rsz_41.jpg - 80kB

COFFEE MAKING AREA - FRIDGE - NO STOVE

rsz_22.jpg - 89kB

HER BEDROOM

rsz_13.jpg - 120kB

THE BATHROOM

rsz_4.jpg - 88kB

THIS IS THE SHARED GARDEN AREA. SO PEACEFUL!

rsz_7.jpg - 133kB

rsz_8.jpg - 129kB

rsz_5.jpg - 129kB

We are loving it so far. Ok Internet. Far - ish from the malecon but not too far. Mom doesn't like to cook anymore so she has the prettiest apartment and we have the apartment with a small but complete kitchen.

[Edited on 2-5-2018 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2018 at 09:25 PM
OUR APARTMENT $200 / month

Our apartment is set inside the garden. It has a fully equipped kitchen. It is located right next to the owner's apartment, 100% safe. The parking has an automatic gate and is totally enclosed. The biggest issue is that one night the next door neighbor played music, LOUDLY, until 3 am. Let me fix that statement: it was karaoke music. I guess he does that every so often. We need earplugs for sure.

THE DINING TABLE - quite small and if I were them, I would trade it for the huge one in mom's apartment since it doesn't even have a kitchen.

rsz_5.jpg - 101kB

THE LIVING ROOM -there is a TV but no cable, there is a dvd player but no dvds. Couch ain't very comfortable but we really spend our time outside! There are two of the mosaic designs in this room, both are neat.

rsz_14.jpg - 93kB

THE BEDROOM is really nice, it doesn't show up in this shot, but there is tons of storage for clothes and the bathroom is en suite.

rsz_23.jpg - 60kB

KITCHEN - compact and has absolutely everything for cooking, which we do a lot of. Today we had a potluck with the owners: I made a Brazilian lunch with black beans, rice, tomato onion vinaigrette, cole slaw and veggies since Maru doesn't eat meat (only fish) but husband Clifford is not vegetarian so I made creamed chicken. Maru made tabouli and flan and chocolate liquored pears. So delicious!

We ate in the garden.

rsz_42.jpg - 111kB

rsz_8.jpg - 129kB

[Edited on 2-5-2018 by BajaBlanca]

rsz_21.jpg - 93kB

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2018 at 09:30 PM

lencho, we have a car but I do want to try the bus system one of these days. 10 pesos a ride is quite reasonable!

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2018 at 10:12 PM

So, we met Tobias this afternoon. Started out at La Perla since it is such an easy location.

a.jpg - 104kB

Drink #1 and then we walked to another restaurant that was packed with folks watching the superbowl. It looked inviting, so we went in.

rsz_img_7629.jpg - 151kB

We moved to the rooftop patio next - what a view. Great conversation. So nice to meet you, Tobias.

rooftop.jpg - 109kB

Saying goodbye!

bye.jpg - 115kB

As you can see Rex is with us, he is a HANDSOME devil since he got his bath and cut yesterday but he isn't doing so well. He has been diagnosed with arrhythmia and cataracts. Geez. He started getting the shakes and we are quite concerned.

Now, the odd part is that Les also just operated a cataract and also has arrhythmia....this dog is imitating his master!

Come visit La Bocana

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2018 at 08:24 AM

Thanks for the report, that look like the perfect place for an extended stay. What a great price too!
rancho guillermo
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2018 at 11:53 AM

Thanks Blanca...Nice report and looks like everyone is having a good time.

Isn't La Perla one of the original hotels in La Paz? I remember reading about it quite a while back.

Keep Livin...Have fun
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2018 at 12:43 PM

Wow nice place. I wish I was there, it is my favorite Baja city. The best vacation I ever had was Christmas 1989. My wife and I took a long drive down taking presents and clothing to the Padre in La Purisima then off to the Los Arcos hotel for several days. The weather was great and at night we would set on our balcony and gaze over the bay with its many sailboats with Christmas lights a glow. What a beautiful scene. One night at a wedge shaped intersection near the hotel the locals piled a huge stack of presents. I don't remember who they were for, maybe an orphanage or maybe it was an organized group celebrating, I know everyone seemed to be having fun.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2018 at 12:46 PM

La Perla was the original hotel for NORRA when they started the Mexican 1000 in 1967 and may have served for several years until NORRA lost out.
tobias
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2018 at 11:27 AM

Great meeting you guys, PM me if you day trip to Todos Santos , I have found some neat spots here.
Looking at those photos makes me realize I need to find some baggier shorts.

Let me know if you find good Thai food in La Paz!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2018 at 05:36 PM

Hahaha, baggier is better, right?

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.