Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: No snow so we must go. Strike mission to picacho del diablo
LukeJobbins
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2018 at 08:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Maderita  
Congratulations BigBearRider. What an aerobic workout!

AKGringo, surely Luke knows where Pico de Orizaba is located. Sofia also climbs or guides on the big volcanoes, so he made no mistake. Sofia posted from Nevado de Toluca (4th highest) yesterday.

Luke, sounds like you have the serious stoke for climbing. Hit me up if you are interested in rock climbing in the Sierra de Juárez. ClimbBaja {at} aol [dot] com

[Edited on 2-21-2018 by Maderita]

Oh for sure. I am always down for some rock climbing. I’ve never climbed in Juarez so I’m for sure interested in that. And yeah she invited me to go to mainland with her but I am going to school and I don’t think professors would accept climbing mountains as a valid excuse for skipping 2 weeks.
Maderita
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2018 at 09:10 PM

Luke, where are you going to school? The best rock climbing in Baja is only 2 hours from San Diego, in la Sierra de Juárez.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Indivisible, resisting fascists in orange hair!

[*] posted on 2-20-2018 at 10:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LukeJobbins  
I did originally go to down to rock climb(boulder), and the rangers knew I was coming solo but they lost internet the day before when the incident happened and they couldn’t warn me to not go. They made it clear to me that it did not matter the reason for visiting, nobody goes in solo. I am not sure if it applies to the observatory. It wouldn’t make sense to deny access to that.

I used to like SPM because there was no one there, and it was almost as good as sierras. Now Mexico says you can’t go for a hike in SPM w/o a babysitter and a hired guide. Crikey!

Maybe time to drive an extra hour and go to the sierras, in the “land of the free”

Make America Decent Again
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 2-21-2018 at 02:04 AM

I don't know if I met Sofia on the mountain. Near the peak, I met a young woman from Tijuana named Miriam. She was struggling a little less than I was. We were together for about the last hour. I know that I asked her about Picacho, and she said she had not climbed it yet. Come to think of it, she might have said that she had a friend who was guiding there. I cannot recall exactly. I was in pretty bad shape. On the way down, I ran out of juice completely. I had forgotten to eat and drink almost completely, only consuming 200 calories in solids and 100 calories of Powerade. Very bad. On the way down, I realized what I had done, but was generally too lethargic to grab the food and drink in my backpack. About 30 minutes from the bottom, I think Miriam and a female friend passed me.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

For high speed satellite internet in Baja call +1.6197170810 - or click here to email sistemassatelitales@hotmail.com

Tijuana Walking Tours - on Meetup.com

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.