Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Best in Loreto?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-9-2018 at 12:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ncampion  
Howard, thanks for the correction. We have so many good places to eat in Loreto it's sometimes hard to decide. Only problem is trying to eat on Monday. Seems everyone chooses Monday to be closed. Exceptions are: Orlando's, Mezzaluna, now Sabor and a couple others. Then there's always the hot dog carts.

Oh, who can't forget this place... from July 2009:

The tacos here made Baja Angel and I m-m-m mc happy!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2018 at 02:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ncampion  
Seems everyone chooses Monday to be closed. Exceptions are: Orlando's, Mezzaluna, now Sabor and a couple others. Then there's always the hot dog carts.

Orlando's is also closed on Monday.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Pan Que Pan on Hidalgo.
Eddy at PQP makes fresh pastries, muffins, and sourdough loaves and baguettes every morning.
PQP also has good breakfasts and lunches, and the best pizza in town.

Gscott
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2018 at 04:19 PM

I don't know how I missed the Blue Anchor last time. I walked right by a couple times and didn't see anything moving on that end.

I kind of like El Caloron, which is at the south end of the malecon, next to Augie's. Mostly locals, a cheap lunch (think tacos and beers) and the best of views..

Also enjoyed the Uruguayan place, Mezzaluna, on the corner of Madero and Hidalgo. Sorry they said they were stopping breakfast.

La Palapa is pretty good for dinner. La Mediterraneo on the malecon is good too, but lacks the 'local' feel. Good views.

[Edited on 2-9-2018 by Gscott]
Gscott
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2018 at 04:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Best hotel is La Mission. By far.

[Edited on 2-9-2018 by JZ]

And absolutely my last choice in town. By far. Why go to mexico and stay in the 5 star hotel or resort?
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2018 at 10:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Gscott  
Best hotel is La Mission. By far.

[Edited on 2-9-2018 by JZ]

And absolutely my last choice in town. By far. Why go to mexico and stay in the 5 star hotel or resort?

Coco's would be my first choice. Mission has the best sunrise in town. MX can't have a 5-star? Reads like a put down.

By the way, forgot to mention Cafe Ole for breakfast -- down from the cathedral. Short walk from Coco's.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2018 at 10:16 PM

Your mistake. I like to slum it with the best of them, but it's awesome to go to a really nice hotel with a beautiful view of the ocean, great restaurant, and bar, etc., once in a while.

It's no "resort" and not 5 stars btw. Now if ppl sit around the pool all day instead of venturing out on the ocean and into the desert you'd have a point.

In sum, step up your game.

billklaser
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2018 at 11:05 PM

Thanks David for remembering Mc' Lulus'. First ate at Luardes in '88' when she was across the street from Pescador, before she moved down the street in your picture. A few years ago she was working part time at Augies, but have lost track of her. Like to mention the Mediterraneo on the Malecon. Also good and a great view. Also, above Mike's Bar is Playa Blanca. This is a location from the past when there were just a few restaurants to choose from.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2018 at 11:43 PM

Wowwww, nobody mentioned Cafe Ole', at the beginning of the plaza. Had ~8x fish tacos over 10 daze,, why go further when you've found heaven!? :cool:
Gscott
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2018 at 06:14 AM

Your mistake. I like to slum it with the best of them, but it's awesome to go to a really nice hotel with a beautiful view of the ocean, great restaurant, and bar, etc., once in a while.

It's no "resort" and not 5 stars btw. Now if ppl sit around the pool all day instead of venturing out on the ocean and into the desert you'd have a point.

In sum, step up your game.

I never considered staying in typical accomodations 'slumming it'. Like Serenidad. Or Hotel Plaza Loreto. Maybe you'd prefer Loreto Bay?

[Edited on 2-10-2018 by Gscott]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.