Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cabalgata Los Bandidos
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2018 at 11:47 AM
Cabalgata Los Bandidos

Upcoming cabalgata San Miguel, BCN, hosted by Rita, long time Baja cowgirl of Rancho Los Bandidos. Rita has good stock and tack available for rent for those who want to join in the fun. The after ride fiesta features a genuine Baja feast!

I rode last weekend with 171 other riders from Ej Porvenir to El Zorra. It was a blast.

[file]36426[/file]

[file]36428[/file]

[file]36430[/file]

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 2-9-2018 at 02:11 PM

I got a get me a (rental) horse! And some boots. And a hat!

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2018 at 12:26 PM

Great time with some long time friends. Weather was perfect for a ride in the hills above Todos Santos bay.

Becky and me at Rita's Rancho de los Bandidos
[file]36865[/file]

Coming down
[file]36853[/file]

Dressing the part
[file]36855[/file]

Supper: We brought our own food: Grass fed certified organic rib steaks from this years harvest from our ND ranch served with our own organic romanesco cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, chard, turnips and beets from our farm in so Cal, all grilled on wood. Mike and Marthas ranchito, Entro Los Olivos was the setting fro our supper. Mike is along time friend of some 36 years, brother of Raquel, brother in law to Larry of Larry and Raquel's in the Bahia de Los Angeles. Joining us were also Aldolfo and Arcielo of Mexicali who were down for the ride too.
[file]36851[/file]

Rita who hosted the cabalgata has some nice looking stock.
[file]36863[/file]

Mike on Barbi, his mule, He rode out his horse yesterday so today was the mules turn. A fine young molly indeed.
[file]36857[/file]

Becky and me, beer in hand, ready to ride.
[file]36859[/file]

Becky on her fine paint, one of Rita's string, a fine horse and good looking too.
[file]36867[/file]

The end.

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-27-2018 at 12:34 PM

Way cool... Looks like El Camino Real stuff!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 3-28-2018 at 11:53 AM

That looks like really good fun.
Does the Rancho hire out horses? Do they have guilded trips.
I can ride. But it's been many moons so I probably need a nice friendly mule.
A smart one that does all the work so I can look out the window.

[Edited on 3-29-2018 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2018 at 02:15 PM

Here is Ritas FB link: https://www.facebook.com/Rancho-Los-Bandidos-116138118421982...

If you don't do FB and you are moving to Mexico you will need to do FB. Most in Baja uses FB for much of their communication needs.

Rita rents horses out for short guided rides almost daily as she has the concession for the visiting cruise lines in Ensenada. Just horses, no mules.
But she has a very nice string of horses you will not have any problems looking out the windows.

When you are settled in Baja let us know and we can arrange for you to join a cabalgata. It is a great way to meet some real Baja characters.

Maderita
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2018 at 03:31 PM

Great fotos Don Jorge, thanks for posting!
Nice photo of Mike Duarte; I'm used to seeing him on a mule.
If you haven't been to Rancho Alamar, their cabalgata is May 5-6 (2018).
East of Laguna Hanson on the edge of the Sierra de Juarez escarpment. Always a good time!
And Rancho El Topo is hosting a cabalgata on May 26 - 27. Ride among pine trees and granite crags. Beautiful wilderness at 5,000' elevation. Check out photos on Facebook: Rancho El Topo Sierra de Juarez.
I may be going to the Rancho Alamar cabalgata and bringing several horses from El Topo. Certain to be at the El Topo event.
gueribo
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2018 at 08:06 PM

Thanks for the photos, even though not enough mules. 😉 Looks like a wonderful time.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2018 at 08:31 PM

You had some gorgeous weather! Those are great photos and it looks like fun...even makes me wish I rode hahaha

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2018 at 01:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Maderita  
Great fotos Don Jorge, thanks for posting!
Nice photo of Mike Duarte; I'm used to seeing him on a mule.
If you haven't been to Rancho Alamar, their cabalgata is May 5-6 (2018).
East of Laguna Hanson on the edge of the Sierra de Juarez escarpment. Always a good time!
And Rancho El Topo is hosting a cabalgata on May 26 - 27. Ride among pine trees and granite crags. Beautiful wilderness at 5,000' elevation. Check out photos on Facebook: Rancho El Topo Sierra de Juarez.
I may be going to the Rancho Alamar cabalgata and bringing several horses from El Topo. Certain to be at the El Topo event.

Guessing you meant not used to Mike on a mule? His wrangler from Chihuahua has been working with Barbi and she has really calmed down these last few months.. She almost stands in place to mount her. :)

Wish we could join the rides in May but headed north. Our calving season begins April 25 (sure) and runs through May. But we are planning on the September ride for El Grito at Alamar!!

Mike and I have talked of importing a Mammoth Jack stud. Just talk though so far. Hope some day to meet you Maderita on a cabalgata. They are a hoot!

Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2018 at 01:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gueribo  
Thanks for the photos, even though not enough mules. 😉 Looks like a wonderful time.

You are welcome Gueribo. It was a very nice Baja experience. The countryside, weather, the cast of characters , stock, hostess, wranglers, everything was perfect.

Yup, I agree, not enough mules!

Link to the group: http://amigoshombresacaballo.com/

[file]36878[/file]

[file]36880[/file] [file]36882[/file]

[Edited on 3-30-2018 by Don Jorge]

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-30-2018 at 01:56 PM

That looks like real fun thanks for posting.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.