Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: best shower
rancho guillermo
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 09:59 AM
best shower

Love reading all the great stories and trips. 4 X 4, Moto's, camping etc. So after a couple days or weeks, when it is time to clean up..what is your best memory of that shower that brings us back to life...
Hotel, on a boat, beach, where ever..

Problem with some showers is that they only fit one person..

IMG_0535.JPG - 195kBIMG_0578.JPG - 203kB
tobias
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 10:19 AM

Great thread idea. I always hit
Malarrimo in GN
Don Chano in mulege
El Moro in Loretto
El litro in Todos Santos

I like my showers like I like my women : cheap and hot
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 10:20 AM

OK, the first photo is easy, Rancho Grande, Gonzaga Bay (Ensenada de San Francisquito)... but where are you in the second? That is very cool looking!

Best showers in Baja are ones that work!
Baja Cactus, El Rosario
Las Hamacas, Bahía de L.A.
La Huerta, San Ignacio
and even $12/night Posada del Angel in La Purísima...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 10:52 AM

I remember the bad ones more than the good ones. The only really good one that comes to mind is at Baja Cactus in El Rosario. Probably because of the way it is built. As long as the water is hot and it doesn't leak out onto the floor I'm OK. The hottest shower I've taken was at the La Joya camp out toward La Bufadora. There was one water faucet and the water was from the hot springs so whatever the hot springs temp was that's what you got.
tobias
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 11:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
:) As long as the water doesn't leak out onto the floor I'm OK.

picky picky, good luck finding a shower curtain at the places I frequent ;-D
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 11:10 AM

DK's photo with that shower curtain brings back memories of the movie Psycho!

I forgot where but I have had Baja showers that gave off a little charge of electricity when showering.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 11:18 AM

best shower? the Hot Fox av. Ruiz in ensenada;)
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 11:23 AM

The two worst for leaking water onto the floor were the Desert Inn in Ensenada and the hotel by the bus station in Vizcaino. The Desert Inn in Loreto I had a real hard time opening and closing the sliding glass door on the shower. I thought the showers at Pete's Camp in San Felipe were good, price was right at least.
PeregrineA1

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 11:31 AM

I think is was the Villa Vita in Bahia de Los Angeles (it was definitely Bahia) in 1993, before shore power came to town. If you took a shower when the generator was running and were standing on the drain inlet, then grabbed the faucet to adjust....let's say it was shocking.

My favorite was the cinder block, open to the sky, solar heated showers at the old camping beach at Punta Chivato. Nice October evening, clear sky, a Pacifico, and a warm shower.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 11:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I remember the bad ones more than the good ones. The only really good one that comes to mind is at Baja Cactus in El Rosario. Probably because of the way it is built. As long as the water is hot and it doesn't leak out onto the floor I'm OK. The hottest shower I've taken was at the La Joya camp out toward La Bufadora. There was one water faucet and the water was from the hot springs so whatever the hot springs temp was that's what you got.

One of the most disappointing was one at another L.A. Bay 'hotel' that uses an instant-hot water heater unit rather than a typical water heater tank. It was either scalding hot or ice cold with no possible way to mix more cold water in, or to adjust down the flame that 'fries' the water as it passes through the European style water heater.

The shower drain at the motel in Lopez Mateos was clogged but I didn't know until I was well underway soaping up, and there was no lip on the floor so the water flooded into the rest of the small room so quickly, I barely got rinsed!

Baja Cactus (El Rosario) has great, huge-sized (in some rooms) showers with glass doors. The water is pressure bumped so it is nice with unlimited hot water. However, in the past, water could leak out from under the heavy glass door. On my latest visit, that has been fixed.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 11:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PeregrineA1  
I think is was the Villa Vita in Bahia de Los Angeles (it was definitely Bahia) in 1993, before shore power came to town. If you took a shower when the generator was running and were standing on the drain inlet, then grabbed the faucet to adjust....let's say it was shocking.

My favorite was the cinder block, open to the sky, solar heated showers at the old camping beach at Punta Chivato. Nice October evening, clear sky, a Pacifico, and a warm shower.

Years ago, I was told that the swimming pool light was not grounded and it was considered a death trap should anyone turn on the light... (no doubt an unfair rumor!

However, another old Villa Vita horror story was that because it had the town's only walk-in food storage cooler that when someone died, it is where the body was kept until authorities from Ensenada or ?? could pick it up! This was an old story told me many years ago... so just for your entertainment. Many have reported a good time at Villa Vita and no food illness or pool electrocutions!

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 12:07 PM

The shower in the room at La Fonda that is the closest to the beach has a nearly full length window that looks out onto the beach. Years ago I was staying in that room with my wife, and was out front surfing with some friends. During a lull, one of them pointed up to the hotel and said "hey, check out that chick taking a shower!" I looked up and realized that he was pointing to my room and that the chick taking a shower was my wife. I waved to her, she waved back, and then, suddenly realizing that we could all see her, she ducked out of sight. After the surf session my buddies and I went up to the restaurant for lunch, and when my wife walked out onto the patio to join us, they gave her a standing ovation.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 12:11 PM

Last year, Ged Dave and I were not able to get rooms at San Miguel Commondu, but they arranged for us to stay in the church annex.

The plumbing in the annex was not hooked up to the water supply anymore, but we were shown where to shower in the gardeners tool shed. There was a floor drain, and a shower head on the wall which was supplied by running a garden hose over from a spigot in the yard!

How badly do you need to rinse the dust and sweat off? We used it! And there were no mints on the pillow!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 12:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
best shower? the Hot Fox av. Ruiz in ensenada;)

(.Y.) :yes:
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 12:41 PM

one important thing I learned in Baja - I bring my own shower head with decent water flow. Improves life in Baja dramatically

Harald Pietschmann
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 01:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
one important thing I learned in Baja - I bring my own shower head with decent water flow. Improves life in Baja dramatically

We also do that also, especially when camping, as campgrouunds frequently don't even have shower heads, just open pipes.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 01:14 PM

I bring dozens of em.

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 01:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Baja Cactus, El Rosario

In 2014 my co driver and I stayed here on the way to Coco's to get in the car the next day. We arrived at the Baja Cactus at about 1 in the morning and they gave us a room I believe Bryce hadn't claimed. First order of business was a shower and like DK said, this shower was to die for, almost literally because when I reached up to adjust the angle of the shower head, it felt like about 60 or 80 volts running thru my arm. Nothing too bad but it did wake me up.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 01:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  
...I forgot where but I have had Baja showers that gave off a little charge of electricity when showering.

I DO remember where I had more than tingling experience with a shower: "Cuesta Real" in Mulegé... that was quite a wake up call...

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
PeregrineA1

[*] posted on 2-13-2018 at 01:41 PM

I know of at least two people that were conceived in the shower at Pete's Camp. Adults now......

That's a pretty good shower.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.