Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Baja Dirt Bikers
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

cool.gif posted on 2-14-2018 at 11:10 PM
Baja Dirt Bikers

Now that I have your attention, I beg for your forgiveness for posting a non-Baja topic ....BUT....wanted to share a link to a series of enduro races that I consider to be most excellent for viewing when you have some time.

These Youtube videos are a collection from the PNW Enduro association 2017 races...Pacific Northwest: BC, Alberta, Washington

GoPro angle is too low first ride, but the rest are good.

Hope you enjoy these .....I have ridden some of the BC trails....but am not a racer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYGxs70c4lk&feature=youtu.be

Don't believe everything you think....
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 2-15-2018 at 05:05 AM

Thanks. This will give me something to watch since it's raining again.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2018 at 08:43 AM

What's "raining?" I live in Carlsbad, haven't seen any.

John
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 2-15-2018 at 09:25 AM

Thank for post love it we got rain all night in Baja. Time to ride wet dirt
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 2-15-2018 at 09:56 AM

Nice to hear the sound of 2-strokes again.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2018 at 09:59 AM

Those trails are great. The rock garden was rough but looked pretty short. I would probably have to go around some of those bigger logs.
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2018 at 10:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
What's "raining?" I live in Carlsbad, haven't seen any.

John

That's what they are telling me it is. Been so long I couldn't remember. Mucho Uvea!
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2018 at 10:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

Its really muddy here. Gonna be a day or 2. I have to work 6am to 6pm fri, sat, sun. so maybe Monday afternoon.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 2-15-2018 at 10:23 AM

It actually rained in Asuncion yesterday and here in Guerrero Negro it is a mess of puddles and still spitting!

We have had more bikers at our Inn than ever before...here is a group from last week...long may you ride amigos!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2018 at 12:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  
Those trails are great. The rock garden was rough but looked pretty short. I would probably have to go around some of those bigger logs.

Yes...logs aren't my favourite....but rock gardens are getting easier....now that I sometimes recognize that going over the top is better than plunking through them....

I ride a 450 4 stroke so don't have the 2-smoke "rip"....and that suits my style better as I don't have the racing gene.

We don't have much sand up here...so Baja has taught me the trick: "Ignore all common sense, sit back, and give 'er...", so it is fun these days when getting into the soft stuff.

Have been using Pirelli MT43 rear trials tire (DOT) past 5 years....love it....not great in lots of mud or sandy uphills.....but not that much worse in mud than knobby....may try a knobby first tire this season (more wet) just to see if I have been missing anything.....haven't used one in Baja yet....use a MotoZ Desert HT for Baja....durability is more the issue there than traction....

ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2018 at 01:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

Yes...logs aren't my favourite....but rock gardens are getting easier....now that I sometimes recognize that going over the top is better than plunking through them....

I ride a 450 4 stroke so don't have the 2-smoke "rip"....and that suits my style better as I don't have the racing gene.

We don't have much sand up here...so Baja has taught me the trick: "Ignore all common sense, sit back, and give 'er...", so it is fun these days when getting into the soft stuff.

Have been using Pirelli MT43 rear trials tire (DOT) past 5 years....love it....not great in lots of mud or sandy uphills.....but not that much worse in mud than knobby....may try a knobby first tire this season (more wet) just to see if I have been missing anything.....haven't used one in Baja yet....use a MotoZ Desert HT for Baja....durability is more the issue there than traction....

The mt43 works great in Baja. Usually no mud and lots of traction on dirt and rocks.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2018 at 01:36 PM

...The mt43 works great in Baja. Usually no mud and lots of traction on dirt and rocks.

How are they in the sand washes?

Jinete Viejo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2018 at 02:36 PM

The MT43 works fine in sand washes (not as good as a knobby but still good enough). The MT43 is good for Baja because they get twice the mileage of a knobby. By the way, I think we met GED at the Inn in Asuncion last year. We were the group that arrived a few days after rain had soaked the upstairs room and the person managing the property for Shari (GED?) had busted his back side to get the place cleaned up. We gave you a small tip to show our appreciation. Is that you?
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 2-15-2018 at 02:39 PM

I didn't care for the MT43 on my 450 mainly because it didn't cut it on single track rocky muddy big tree roots up hill switchbacks ect went back to the scorpion XC which for me was a better all around tire including the sand washes and hills just makes my riden more fun

dirt-bike-smiley-emoticon.gif - 43kB

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2018 at 04:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jinete Viejo  
The MT43 works fine in sand washes (not as good as a knobby but still good enough). The MT43 is good for Baja because they get twice the mileage of a knobby. By the way, I think we met GED at the Inn in Asuncion last year. We were the group that arrived a few days after rain had soaked the upstairs room and the person managing the property for Shari (GED?) had busted his back side to get the place cleaned up. We gave you a small tip to show our appreciation. Is that you?

Yep...that be me :coolup:

And, yes, the rain a week earlier was a nightmare...and I felt REALLY bad for the bed shortage and the wet sofabed....but the guy making Margs at check-in was kind...as was la propina :saint:

How was the rest of your ride?

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2018 at 08:41 PM

I have used the MT43 for years now in Baja will never go back to a knobby tire. For the hard tight trails I do it is cheating and works everywhere in Baja Except mud. I'm sure when Ed rode with me he wished he had his MT43 that day. Its the only time I ever saw Ed under his bike.
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2018 at 04:53 AM

I have used the MT43 for years now in Baja will never go back to a knobby tire. For the hard tight trails I do it is cheating and works everywhere in Baja Except mud. I'm sure when Ed rode with me he wished he had his MT43 that day. Its the only time I ever saw Ed under his bike.

I was resting! Several times too. Hahaha. I hope it was because I had the shinko 505 instead of my normal mt43. Never struggled so much riding with you. I'm still sore.
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2018 at 06:09 AM

Its really muddy here. Gonna be a day or 2. I have to work 6am to 6pm fri, sat, sun. so maybe Monday afternoon.

Overtime was canceled. Got 3 perfect days to ride. Going to put some time in on the wr250 and see if I like it.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2018 at 09:28 AM

Ok Mr. Ed what is the verdict about you on the 250. I try to only ride my 450 on long trips with dirt road less single track. For my everyday hard tight single track with climbs. My Crf230/254 it is very easy to out climb my 450. Also half the effort to ride at the end of the day I'm good. I ride lots of deep sand with the MT43 at 6psi great hook up. On my 450 I have a cheater 450x18 trails tire. Does not work that good and not lasting as the 450 burns it up fast. What it does do great gives plush ride with tall sidewall. Running the Sedona 120x18 knobby works great from 4 /6 psi. With short sidewall and stiff sidewall at anything ove 6psi it beats you.
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2018 at 10:19 AM

The 250 is easy and fun to ride. Very light and low. Of course it's no where near as powerful as my 450 but it's great at singletrack speeds. Getting used to a clutch again is taking a little while.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.