Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Baja Dirt Bikers
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-5-2018 at 09:23 AM

Thank you David and TMW we take off on Motos Tuesday morn to hunt for San Isidoro. We missed it twice even found the bule tarps and gear. Hoping with this picture Mike can find it. Long haul on the motos over 100 miles. This time we will all ride 450s truck bikes to friends house Vicente G. Leave my place at 5am Hope to be on trail by 730. also on the Wrs carry 1 extra gal fuel. Mike wont need extra as his 440 gets close to 50mpg. While the 450s get from pee poor 25 to 35mpg.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 09:30 AM

We rode 147 miles from Vicente G at about 40 to 45 miles in the only road Lt or east we did not try. Had a new sign and locked gate we think this is the way San Isidoro. About 10 more miles on main route we saw two guys in Dodge 4x4. We asked them about locked gate road they said they have rancho there . That's where they where going the gate looked new. Few more miles after the Dodge truck new bull dozer road to the Rt west. We went on it 6 miles till we got to D4 tractor. My 450 has the 3.6 gal tank and I took almost half gal extra. It used the whole tank of fuel so I was lucky I took the extra jug of fuel. Nice 8 hour ride the route easy this time because of past rain.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 09:57 AM

The red arrow is pointing to the side road north to San Isidoro:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 12:52 PM

The turn off to San Isidoro is on top of a hill like a short mesa. The road to SI is all down hill most of the way and the rest is mostly flat.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2018 at 02:45 PM

That sounds like the place where sign says CLOSED and locked gate just 500ft away. Gate looks new cut branches. Do you have photos of turn off main road . Sad to say I'm sure now closed.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.