Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: More La Paz fun
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2018 at 08:12 PM
More La Paz fun

Yesterday was a great day! We were invited over to bajanomad weebray's house.

He made us a Thai dinner - spicy ground meat filling that we put into our lettuce, making a great wrap. His wife made the mango plus so much more salad. Maru, our landlady made a strawberry dessert and we brought some homemade coffee and pitaya ice cream.

We all overate! We talked and talked and talked some more.

I didn't get any good photos, but the fun will never be forgotten.

Today was my niece Bruna's last day with us....at noon she was to fly back to San Diego so we planned a good-bye breakfast at Maria California.

Tuly, a Mexican friend who lives here in La Paz is an avid biker and lets folks who are bicycling north or south, stay at her house, had told me that she was expecting a Polish girl. So, I thought Les would get a kick out of meeting a fellow citizen. They both came to eat breakfast with us.

Maria turned out to be a hoot! She is so personable and told us that she was college educated, had been working in a perfect job with a great salary and was bored. to. death.

So, she quit and decided to travel from Alaska (where she learned English) to Ushuaia (the southernmost town in South America).

She started the trip with 2 other girls (she is 34) but one had to return to Poland after 2 weeks when her gma died. The second one met a man in Alaska, they fell in love and got married.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang. Love at first sight.

We laughed for over 2 hours at her shenanigans traveling solo all the way from Alaska to Baja. She went to the marina after breakfast to see if she could work on a boat that would take her to Mazatlan.

Maria California Bruna goodbye.JPG - 131kB

From breakfast, we went home. I did some chores like laundry and mopping. After a while, Les went to meet Cliff and Carol, good amigos from Buena Vista whom we hadn't seen in a while. After bringing them to our place so that they could see our grand apartment, pet Rex and meet our landlady, Maru, it was time to head over to LA ESQUINA DEL CHEF where Linda from Aguja Ranch was to meet us as well.

We all overate and chatted galore. How fun to have friends and make new ones. Treasures!

rsz_lunch_linda_cliff_and_carol___2.jpg - 102kB

These are days that go into your memory bank, never to be forgotten!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
rancho guillermo
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2018 at 09:27 AM

Great times..
Dang, I want to be you guys..
Keep the reports coming...
I would say, have fun..but to late.
thebeckster
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2018 at 08:05 PM

Blah blah blah this thread is becoming boring following all of this fun in La Paz....
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2018 at 09:56 PM

Come and join us! We only have a week to go and then it is home again....I am sure the plants miss me although my neighbor says she had a blast working on the garden...

Here is a photo of Tuly and Maria (the Polish biker) in front of Maria California

Tuly Maria 2.JPG - 149kB

Now, even more wonderful events of the last couple days .... we are sitting one afternoon in the lush garden here at home, having some wine and beer and chats when our landlord Cliff comes out with his violin and gives us an impromptu mini concert! I feel like I am a renaissance woman. How spectacular can life get?

violin.JPG - 95kB

More fun - last week, one evening, we had Bruce Bergen come over. He write books about Baja as well as poetry. I happen to have one of his books at home, titled Almost an Island, that was given to me by local bookstore Allende books when I made a big donation to the store. It was great to meet him, hear his incredible life story. The icing on the cake was to be given a book of poems with a dedication to me.

One of these days I am going to go to landlady Maru's granddaughter's school to talk to the kids about not bullying since apparently there is some bullying going on, I will teach them a little English and read to them in Spanish. Should be interesting.

We have been looking at houses too! In a perfect world, we can spend summers in La Bocana and the rest of the year here.

We have also popped over to the farmer's market on Tuesdays and Saturdays. It is always busy and always interesting. Really, they should cordon off the street and let the vendors spread out a bit more.

More later.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.