BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Thefts at Los Vientos Hotel in Bay of LA
Fang 87

[*] posted on 2-22-2018 at 07:44 PM
Thefts at Los Vientos Hotel in Bay of LA

Many 0n this site will remember Eric Robitaille from the old Amigos de Baja website. He is presently on a dirt bike jaunt from Tecate to Cabo with a group of dirt bikers from No. Calif on a annual trip by that group. They stopped at the Los Vientos Hotel in Bay of LA two nights ago for dinner and showers. Eric left the room where their gear was stored & hit the showers. Back in less then 10 minutes to discover they had taken his camera, passport , wallet with I.D. & all the cash he had stashed.

Another rider in the group had been outside the room chatting with others & said the only people in that room during that period of time were two hotel employees who appeared to a cleaning crew.

He will be mooching off the others in the group until they return stateside in two more weeks.

A real bummer for the crew. Just be aware if you plan on staying in LA Bay that their are other options available.

The hotel management kissed off the whole affair, taking no action.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 2-22-2018 at 07:56 PM

well that is it for that Hotel , a lot of folks wont be staying there again.:mad:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Fang 87

[*] posted on 2-22-2018 at 08:11 PM

There is a real stink around here. There must be a Mt. Goat nearby. It's not Fake News you cretin, it's reality. I know because I had to spend $40.00 at DHL today to send some form of ID for him.
Crawl back in your hole and only come out when it's time for your meds!
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 2-22-2018 at 08:18 PM

Ok you know it is real. but the rest of us don't know for sure,so I cant bad mouth the hotel tell some one speaks up for you. you need to understand that some folks get there jollys by trashing some one else's reputation. i'm glad you posted here. we are not going to be hasty.

welcome to nomads tell us more about yourself

[Edited on 2-23-2018 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2018 at 08:42 PM

Where is that hotel in BOLA? I don't remember ever seeing it, we always stay at Costa Del Sol anyway........
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-22-2018 at 09:13 PM

It is on the road to La Gringa, between La Ventana and the Navy base. New owners and it looked sharp last year with good reviews.

I am going to presume Fang 87 is a new name for the original Fang, Earle of Amigos de Baja. Perhaps he couldn't log in under his original name?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2018 at 10:57 PM

Fang,
Did Eric report the theft and his suspicions regarding the two workers to the Delgado and the local police? Not that anything would come of it, but to put it on record? The owners of the hotel might also like to know how current management handled the incident.
Good to see you post, but wish it were under different circumstances.
P>*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Fang 87

[*] posted on 2-23-2018 at 12:50 AM

Paulina,
I don't think he filed a police report, or I should say, he did not mention it to me when he called. As DK surmised in his post, I tried for over 40 min. to remember my sign-in protocol for Baja Nomads & as a last resort created a new identity in order to post. I have refrained from posting for many years, but have lurked in the background, watching & musing on the ever unfolding saga of the lure of Baja & the emotions it draws from those who love/hate it.

The geography, culture & kindness of the people who inhabit it are are renowned. The greed and corruption of those who rule & inhibit the development & progress is without equal.

I went to the trouble of doing all this so that other unwitting souls did not to endure such trauma as Eric did. If in so doing I was in error, I apologize. I had no idea I would give vent to such invective from the idiot gallery.

Hope you and all the old crew are doing well!
Earle
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 2-23-2018 at 05:10 AM

Always keep your guard up and be aware of your surroundings whether in Baja or in the U.S. Hopefully he lost it on the trail and someone will find it and return it. Any chance of that?
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2018 at 05:18 AM

Was tequila involved?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-23-2018 at 10:11 AM

Hi Earle,
Last January, I was surprised to see Eric in Loreto at El Caballo Blanco bookstore when I was giving a lecture on the missions and signing books. The next day he passed me on his m/c and stopped to chat along the road to San Javier. He was heading on from there on the dirt road to Santo Domingo and I was going to Comondú and La Purísima after San Javier (Mike Younghusband was along for part of the day too).
Found some photos of you two from a few years ago at my Viva Baja parties...

Earle (Fang) at Viva Baja #2 (in 2001).

Eric at Viva Baja #1 in (2000).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 2-23-2018 at 10:44 AM

Jeez, who put the JJJ juice in the goat's corn flakes this morning?
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 2-23-2018 at 10:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Fang 87  
Many 0n this site will remember Eric Robitaille from the old Amigos de Baja website. He is presently on a dirt bike jaunt from Tecate to Cabo with a group of dirt bikers from No. Calif on a annual trip by that group. They stopped at the Los Vientos Hotel in Bay of LA two nights ago for dinner and showers. Eric left the room where their gear was stored & hit the showers. Back in less then 10 minutes to discover they had taken his camera, passport , wallet with I.D. & all the cash he had stashed.

Another rider in the group had been outside the room chatting with others & said the only people in that room during that period of time were two hotel employees who appeared to a cleaning crew.

He will be mooching off the others in the group until they return stateside in two more weeks.

A real bummer for the crew. Just be aware if you plan on staying in LA Bay that their are other options available.

The hotel management kissed off the whole affair, taking no action.

Thanks for sharing this Earle - I heard a very similar story just a couple of months ago from other travelers who overnighted in BOLA. I will post this over on Talk Baja...

Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2018 at 02:31 PM

Hi Fang,
Still have that Amigos T shirt you sent me after SWMBO used it to clean up paint. The decal is on the back of my merc.
Gracias
Santiago
Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 2-25-2018 at 05:44 PM

I sent a copy of this from the “Talk Baja” page to Rosa and William. This is their reply....

Hi Frank
I fell so bad for Eric comments . i write someting for him but i cant put in Talk Baja
can you put in Talk baja
for me?
Thank you!
Rosa

I want to apologize Eric if you thought I did not pay attention to you, first he said he had forgotten her in the restaurant and searched everywhere without finding her, then he said that he was robbed from his room, but hey.
The following measures have been taken
-cameras in public areas of the hotel
-Safety boxes in the rooms (at this time my husband is buying them)
-Avoid that we are not responsible for valuables inside or outside the rooms
We have had several incidents
1- a guest accused the cleaning lady of stealing her wallet, she cried saying that she had not seen anything on the table, he swore that he had left her there. He proposed giving her money if he found it and what would be his surprise when he put his hand in the bag of his shorts and was the wallet.
The man asked for forgiveness on his knees and there was no need to give him.
2-A guest said she had lost her engagement ring here, made a mess and the 2nd time she came she said she had left it at a hotel in San Luis Gonzaga.
I hope your things appear, but how will you collect everything you said about us?
we have also had good things like this reviews
splayer1
Commerce Township, Michigan
Opinión escrita 14 noviembre 2017
Love Los Vientos & William & Rosa
Traductor de Google
We were riding 2 up on motorcycles from Tecate to Cabo San Lucas. Our 3rd stop south was Los Vientos Hotel, loved the hotel, the spectacular view of the bay, the stars, but especially loved the owners, William & Rosa. We had a wonderful dinner our first night there. Woke up the next morning, & our traveling partner, Mike, had a bad stomach ache. Rosa drove him to the local doctor & they said he needed to go to nearest hospital in Guerrero Negro which was 120 miles south. Thank God for wonderful people & great Hosts, William drove us the 120 miles to the hospital. He translated for us - Mike was having a appendicitis attack & needed it removed. William stayed with us that night, helped convert U.S. Cash to pesos as the hospital would only accept pesos! He also found flights for Mike & wife, Sandi, to fly back to the mainland. He did all this & it was his birthday!!
William also supplied enclosed storage for Mike's motorcycle until he can pick up in January.

Carlos G
Opinión escrita 3 semanas atrás mediante dispositivo móvil
Moto Baja
Llegamos en motocicleta con parejas. Excelente atención del personal. Hotel y restaurante muy confortable, limpio y bonito. La pasamos muy a gusto. Atardeceres espectaculares. Desde la playa, a corta distancia pudimos ver pasar delfines.

Jose Andres S
Opinión escrita 4 diciembre 2017 mediante dispositivo móvil
Oasis en Bahía
El lugar, la vista, los atardeceres bastante buenos. Solo poner más atención en que los servicios de las habitaciones estén funcionando. Desayunos deliciosos, la atención muy buena, aclarar que si hay internet pero no hay televisión en las habitaciones.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-25-2018 at 07:55 PM

Glad to hear the proprietors response!

The nattering nabobs of negativity owe the hotel management an apology!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 2-26-2018 at 07:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Glad to hear the proprietors response!

The nattering nabobs of negativity owe the hotel management an apology!

I guess I missed where the employees were exonerated in this.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2018 at 08:56 AM

With that much defense, I think I would go elsewhere. A good proprietor would have just addressed the corrective measures and offered personal service to those that continued to visit their establishment.
mcnut
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2018 at 09:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
With that much defense, I think I would go elsewhere. A good proprietor would have just addressed the corrective measures and offered personal service to those that continued to visit their establishment.

+1, I agree completely.

Bruce

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.